• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

sueil

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Every time I take a photo in photo mode the effects panel shows up in the photo even if I have ti closed / hide ui before taking the shot. How can I get it to go away?

Skyr

Do you have to change your gamertag/XBOX region in order to play the game?

Nope. I can access games I bought from the Hong Kong/Denmark store while signed in to my german gamertag. Windows Region set to germany. No setting has to be changed.

danowat

Banned
Nope. I can access games I bought from the Hong Kong/Denmark store while signed in to my german gamertag. Windows Region set to germany. No setting has to be changed.

That's the same way it works on XBOX as well, I take it you haven't got it sorted out yet MaLDo?

sp3ctr3

Has there been talk about adding more online races than the 6 available? Is it possible to search for privately created races?

MaLDo

That's the same way it works on XBOX as well, I take it you haven't got it sorted out yet MaLDo?

No, two different support sessions ended with the same conclusion: region problem. Maybe they said that because their inability to find the real problem.

I guess if my problem has relation with my installation process where I used the Reddit guide to download the package. Anyway, after the first time with the problem, I uninstalled the game and installed using the windows store without better luck.

saladine1

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning, whilst on the one hand, the homologation system makes complete sense in a motorsport sense, it takes away one of the big things that was fun to do in Forza, making and racing crazy cars.

I remember fondly modding cars with ridiculous upgrades and engine swaps, taking a Ford Fiesta from group E, up to group S and it being mad.

I do miss that, I don't think I have upgraded in a single car in my entire time with the game, there is no reason too, at least in single player.

This here is my main gripe at the moment. I'm a 'single player' kind of guy that likes career modes and such so to not be able to utilize a car to its full potential in Forza's career is heartbreaking for me.
This is something that a LOT of people are concerned about, pleading with Turn 10 for a fix to this. I don't think they can though seeing how the game is built around Homologation...

artsi

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning, whilst on the one hand, the homologation system makes complete sense in a motorsport sense, it takes away one of the big things that was fun to do in Forza, making and racing crazy cars.

I remember fondly modding cars with ridiculous upgrades and engine swaps, taking a Ford Fiesta from group E, up to group S and it being mad.

I do miss that, I don't think I have upgraded in a single car in my entire time with the game, there is no reason too, at least in single player.

I haven't played earlier Forzas that much, does homologation somehow prevent you from upgrading the cars this way?

danowat

Banned
I haven't played earlier Forzas that much, does homologation somehow prevent you from upgrading the cars this way?

Pretty much.

Each car class has a set homologation level, so for example, a Fiesta would be, I don't know, 3 door hatchback, and would have a PI limit, say C, a hp limit, say 250bhp, a tyre type, say sport and tyre width limit, say 225.

When you buy the car it comes set that that limit, and you can't, in any of the limited items, exceed the homologated spec level.

Before ,you could use the Fiesta in any PI (assuming the event allowed) with any upgrade aslong as you kept in the PI range, so you could race your Fiesta in an S class event against Lambos and Ferraris, you can't do that in 7.

GHG

This here is my main gripe at the moment. I'm a 'single player' kind of guy that likes career modes and such so to not be able to utilize a car to its full potential in Forza's career is heartbreaking for me.
This is something that a LOT of people are concerned about, pleading with Turn 10 for a fix to this. I don't think they can though seeing how the game is built around Homologation...

I think Homologation was needed for the online races (to stop everybody racing the same 2/3 cars in order to stay competitive) but they also extended it to single player and built the career around it. I don't think they can do anything about it now, it is what it is unfortunately.

Noticed some strange AI behavier yesterday.
Was doing a hot hatch races, and first circuit on maple valley the first car was unbeatable on you guessed it unbeatable. Switch to the car the first ai was driving and i won with ease on unbeatable.
THen a race on sebring. All cars are same spec(homelogation) but on straights and corners i was outperformed really bad. Switched cars but this time it didnt matter.
I had to turn ai to pro to come close and win.

Had this before with the race trucks on road america short track. Its just 2 straights and 4 corners.
All cars are the same specs etc, won the previous races with ease on unbeatable, but here they had a +20KMH advantage on me... really weird.
Rubberbanding is real in this game i guess.

Ok because I'm telling people that if they want to talk about the base credit rewards being made worse in the name of a lootbox economy that they must be lazy and can't have played the game much?

But the base payout is actually higher now in forza 7. What exactly do you mean by worse? I get you don't like lootboxes, and that's fine. But even without lootboxes I'm earning more per race in forza 7 as compared to forza 6. Mod lootboxes add significantly MORE earnings per race. This is true even when factoring in the price of the lootboxes.

danowat

Banned
But the base payout is actually higher now in forza 7. What exactly do you mean by worse? I get you don't like lootboxes, and that's fine. But even without lootboxes I'm earning more per race in forza 7 as compared to forza 6. Mod lootboxes add significantly MORE earnings per race. This is true even when factoring in the price of the lootboxes.

Basically this

The issue now is Forza Motorsport 7's mod cards are limited use, offering between 1 and 5 uses before they're consumed. Basically, if you want to use mods, you'll have to have a rolling supply, meaning you're always picking up prize crates.

If you want to use assist bonuses, you need to use mods, if you need to use mods you need to buy crates, there is no if or but about it, that is the way it is.

It's not about the reward, it's about taking an option away and putting it behind an RNG crate.

Nick_C

Basically this

If you want to use assist bonuses, you need to use mods, if you need to use mods you need to buy crates, there is no if or but about it, that is the way it is.

It's not about the reward, it's about taking an option away and putting it behind an RNG crate.

To add to this, it builds a habit within the player to make loot boxes part of their typical play session. Right now they cost in-game currency. Later on they will use premium currency, purchased with real-world currency.

Unless it can be completely removed from the game by the player, it's not a choice so much as it's a constant, nagging temptation.

Can people stop responding to GHG and danowat about the loot boxes?

They're not going to let it go although EVERYONE knows by now how they feel. They've been carrying on across like three threads with the same message.

WE. GET. IT!

GrazGamer

Picked up the Ultimate Edition, despite being unsure whether I would like it. I love Horizon though so thought I'd give it a go.

Glad to see it caters to my average racing skills and I am actually having a lot of fun with it so my blind purchase paid off.

Gotta say, in 4K maxed out at 60fps with HDR on my PC its bloody stunning. Xbox One X owners are in for a treat.

Gotta say, in 4K maxed out at 60fps with HDR on my PC its bloody stunning. Xbox One X owners are in for a treat.

It is. Got the PC HDR version running on my TV last night. It's just a shame the game crashes occasionally.

Am still getting an X, I suspect the dynamic rendering might be a bit higher on that than my PC.

For me the best thing about 4K is being able to see turning points at Le Mans a good way off before needing to brake

Azzawon

They're not going to let it go although EVERYONE knows by now how they feel. They've been carrying on across like three threads with the same message.

WE. GET. IT!

They have a valid opinion and I can't say I disagree with either of them. Personally, the way payouts have been redesigned around prize crates is bullshit IMO. Mods were fine in Forza 6 (minus performance mods) but clearly they didn't pay the bills.

xrnzaaas

WE. GET. IT!

Turn10 and Microsoft must have big smiles on their faces when they see fans of the series turning against each other without their further interference. Loot boxes weren't introduced to make the game better and in long term they won't lead to anything good. Sure they will hook you now with good deals on mods that will lead to greater race rewards, but they're just simply building up your addiction. You can bet your ass that loot boxes in Horizon 4 and FM8 won't be as rewarding and you'll be "forced" to spend more credits on them to get good results. Of course there are some gamers that won't break and won't buy tokens no matter what obstacles are thrown their way, but a lot of people will (eventually) do.

Turn10 and Microsoft must have big smiles on their faces when they see fans of the series turning against each other without their further interference. Loot boxes weren't introduced to make the game better and in long term they won't lead to anything good. Sure they will hook you now with good deals on mods that will lead to greater race rewards, but they're just simply building up your addiction. You can bet your ass that loot boxes in Horizon 4 and FM8 won't be as rewarding and you'll be "forced" to spend more credits on them to get good results. Of course there are some gamers that won't break and won't buy tokens no matter what obstacles are thrown their way, but a lot of people will (eventually) do.

When they do there will be sufficient outrage and everyone will be sure to let their voices be heard. As it is right now it's just a prolonged whataboutism that's taking away from the actual conversation about the game. There's multiple threads discussing loot boxes and all the shit that comes with them and is going to come with them. Take the conversation there.
In FM7 though it's been established that they are not as bad as was once thought so let's move on. Please.

Lima

How do you get the Forza loyalty rewards and the VIP rewards? I didn’t want to start the game until X comes out but curiosity got the better of me and I started playing for a bit.

The loot crate screen tells me I have unopened boxes every time I exit it but when I go to open crates there is nothing to open? I’m confused.

danowat

Banned
When they do there will be sufficient outrage and everyone will be sure to let their voices be heard. As it is right now it's just a prolonged whataboutism that's taking away from the actual conversation about the game. There's multiple threads discussing loot boxes and all the shit that comes with them and is going to come with them. Take the conversation there.
In FM7 though it's been established that they are not as bad as was once thought so let's move on. Please.

Whether you like it or not, they are an intrinsic part of FM7, and worthy of discussion, I will try to refrain from banging that drum as much as possible though.

Blame T10 for implementing them, not GHG and myself for calling them out on it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally got the game to boot this morning, had to depower the entire Xbox.

Then was able to launch the game.

Claimed my 350k from the Hub.

Bought the GT-R NISMO from the specialty vendor. (which subsequently bumped me into Tier 3 for now (Yeah, I haven't been playing much lol))

[thumbsupemoji]

zorbsie

How do you get the Forza loyalty rewards and the VIP rewards? I didn't want to start the game until X comes out but curiosity got the better of me and I started playing for a bit.

The loot crate screen tells me I have unopened boxes every time I exit it but when I go to open crates there is nothing to open? I'm confused.

When you are on the loot crate screen press "Y" to open unopened crates. The message is sort of hidden.

Claimed my 350k from the Hub.
I got 425k even though I'm level 12. I thought it would have bumped me to 500k. :(

MaDKaT

Hit a minor annoyance(could be major to me if I keep bumping into it) last night, the tiered car collection system. Maybe Im doing something wrong but if I have the credits, why can't I just buy the cars I need for the events I need them for. Sure there are cars in the Tier I wan't to buy that would boost me to the next level but I don't need or wan't them at this time.

zorbsie

Hit a minor annoyance(could be major to me if I keep bumping into it) last night, the tiered car collection system. Maybe Im doing something wrong but if I have the credits, why can't I just buy the cars I need for the events I need them for. Sure there are cars in the Tier I wan't to buy that would boost me to the next level but I don't need or wan't them at this time.

You can only buy the cars in the tier you are in. It's an annoyance, but I found that it didn't really last long. I was in the highest tier after 2 or 3 days.

Uh yeah but then it tells me there are no crates to open. Kinda weird.

oh, lol. Yeah that's not good.

MaDKaT

You can only buy the cars in the tier you are in. It's an annoyance, but I found that it didn't really last long. I was in the highest tier after 2 or 3 days.

I hope that is the case. Im still pretty early and just a car away from Tier 3 but at a point were the events I want to do are all Tier 3 cars lol.

xrnzaaas

I hope that is the case. Im still pretty early and just a car away from Tier 3 but at a point were the events I want to do are all Tier 3 cars lol.

You can return to these events later, there's no requirement to fully complete a cup before moving on to the next one. You just have to gather enough points to unlock the next cup.

danowat

Banned
You can return to these events later, there's no requirement to fully complete a cup before moving on to the next one. You just have to gather enough points to unlock the next cup.

Or

You could also buy some loot crates and hope you're lucky enough to get the car you want

;)

xrnzaaas

Yeah. I'm just being picky about the events I want to do for the points.

I already had that in the first cup. Trophy trucks? Polaris?
111fwpyz.jpg

I ended up doing standard length races just to be done with them, because I'm a completionist. ;)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I already had that in the first cup. Trophy trucks? Polaris?
111fwpyz.jpg

I ended up doing standard length races just to be done with them, because I'm a completionist. ;)

Yeah, those events are trash. Those cars are fine in Horizon, they are ass on a real track.

Just had a very odd IndyCar race at IMS.

Half the scenery kept disappearing. With thousands of spectators standing in the sky.

PC version.

Gestault

Just had a very odd IndyCar race at IMS.

Half the scenery kept disappearing. With thousands of spectators standing in the sky.

PC version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh265EuqN7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxK5dWVOrTg

There you go. This was when I returned my copy. Even with a cold boot, no luck. I couldn't play the game. I love the way it plays, but this made races unplayable. I had encountered it once when I was messing around on the PC version demo as well, but that was a one-off fluke. This issue suddenly hit me persistently on XB1.

It's a bug connected to the rewind function and a known problem. They are working on fixing that

Had the same problem
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250451771&postcount=611

Unfortunately for me, it was happening within the first quarter mile or so of standard-length races, no rewind involved at all, even from a fresh boot.

Huh, I thought that was a PC only glitch, memory leak or something. Even posted about it here ages ago.

Since it hits XB too now I think there's more chance that they'll fix it.

LoveCake

I'm tier 10 and got three hundred fifty thousand credits tonight

Yes I got CR-350,000 as well, however I went into Forza Horizon 3 first for the #Forzathon, then when I went back to the Forza HUB it said that on Tier 11 there would be CR-75,000 now I don't know if this means an increase of CR-75,000 to give a total of CR-425,000?

When I actually went into the message tab in Forza 7 the CR-350,000 were there to download.

Yes I got CR-350,000 as well, however I went into Forza Horizon 3 first for the #Forzathon, then when I went back to the Forza HUB it said that on Tier 11 there would be CR-75,000 now I don't know if this means an increase of CR-75,000 to give a total of CR-425,000?

When I actually went into the message tab in Forza 7 the CR-350,000 were there to download.

The rewards site/apps/etc, once you have claimed this weeks rewards, always shows how much more you will get for the next tier until the next rewards claim is available (+7 days).

So if you are Tier11, after you claim your rewards, it is telling you that you will get another 75k (weekly) when you hit Tier 12. You also instantly get an additional 75k the second you hit Tier 12, if you hit up the rewards site.

For those on the fence, just download the demo. There is a FM7 demo in the Windows 10 store, and I'm sure there is one in the xbox one store too. Play around with it, see if the style of the game suits you.

The loot crates are a bit in your face, on the same level as Destiny 2 or Overwatch I'd say, not as bad as f2p games though (imo). You can 100% play the game without ever buying a single loot crate and be just fine, as long as you don't have a "I need to collect every car" mentality. You can also spend hundreds of dollars on loot crates (soon) and feel like you are the King of Cars. I hate the loot crates and hate how every goddamn new game in 2017 has loot crates, its just going to lead quicker to gaming become far more niche than it is even now but that is neither here nor there.

Hawk269

We moved into our new home a few weeks ago and with all the chaos of moving into a new home I never had time to set up my 7.2 Audio system. I finally was able to get it up and running and damn does this game sound incredible with a good sound system. I ran the Nord GP track and set it to 6 laps with rain & thunder and it just sounded fantastic. I am almost done with my bonus room so I can relax and fully enjoy this game.

Only had that disappearing scenery bug once. And I hadn't used rewind during the race.

Meanwhile I can really recommend the ground fog option on "wet" tracks. Makes the courses look lovely. They should perhaps rename wet tracks as weather tracks, as you can set several slots of not raining.

Skyr

I thought so too, but I had reports of people on reddit having the same problem without even using rewind, just playing a long race.

Only had that disappearing scenery bug once. And I hadn't used rewind during the race.

Meanwhile I can really recommend the ground fog option on "wet" tracks. Makes the courses look lovely. They should perhaps rename wet tracks as weather tracks, as you can set several slots of not raining.

Well, so much to that claim by T10.

I did use rewind plenty and the bug was not apparant since the last incident I posted here.
So I guess it's something else afterall.

I'm a filthy casual that uses rewind a lot and haven't seen the bug on PC or Xbox until an hour ago. And that was without rewind.

So who knows.

Gestault

Well, so much to that claim by T10.

I did use rewind plenty and the bug was not apparant since the last incident I posted here.
So I guess it's something else afterall.

Now to be fair, on a technical level it could still be related to rewind (not just a player using the function). Fingers crossed that they actually have it narrowed down.

That said, I have patience for temporary "service" type disruption, I'm not hung up on particular game-design "rules" if the underlying experience is fun and rewarding, and I think Forza 7 looks, feels and plays exceptionally, but man, I won't abide a functionally broken game.

Top Bottom