• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

TikeMyson

Would love to play it... I had the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered, but the fucked up MS store always gave me an error on my download, so I had to refund it.

saladine1

I'm just excited that finally in FM, after all these years, I can race at Bathurst with the iconic Australian cars!

Brocky, here I come!

CyJPp9B.jpg

Kiraly

Would love to play it... I had the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered, but the fucked up MS store always gave me an error on my download, so I had to refund it.

Same-ish, I had nothing but absolute terrible experiences trying to download FH3 from the Windows Store so fuck buying this game. Fuck you Microsoft. I am still incredibly salty.

KodaRuss

I will be getting this when my Xbox One X arrives. I have honestly never played a Forza game ever, anything I need to know Gaf? I kinda want Horizon 3 more than this one because it seems more my style but we'll see.

AsianOni

Nice and simple OT.
With the way Horizon looks...

30014662586_9a3d113bf6_o.jpg

....and the fact that the weather/lighting/ToD stuff has been brought over to FM7....I can't wait to see how screenshots turn out from the skilled guys taking them.
Thought I saw that shot somewhere else. :p
I tend to be more inspired in the Horizon games but who knows their new light will be game changing for photo.

Klocker

I'm such a sucker, DL'ing ultimate edition now for xbox
and X1X soon!

i swore I would not do ultimate again , it's like groundhog day

hoping the reviews of it being more fun than 6 hold up for me

MaDKaT

I will be getting this when my Xbox One X arrives. I have honestly never played a Forza game ever, anything I need to know Gaf? I kinda want Horizon 3 more than this one because it seems more my style but we'll see.

Why not just get Horizon since it is more your style? It is a great game(when it doesnt crash, PC)

Will be getting this asap.

Then I will be ready to be blown away when I play it on my XOX.

Btw, shame on you Helios for not including the new Opel/Vauxhall Astra 1.6T, is the car I got this year and I hoped to beat everybody online with it :(

Jorav

Already have my UE disc version. Game is okay, only managed the first race series while the update installed. Hopefully there is a large career mode with plenty of events. Didn't like the car restriction placed in the career mode in FM6.

frontieruk

Zoom zoom! Nice OT!

Lovely work guys. Nice OT.

Great OT guys! Love the title too!

Frontier and Zorbs are killing as usual!

Thanks for all your hard work on the OT guys! Looks great :)

nice OT

so almost half the tracks are customizable to some degree, disappointing but not as horrible as 6

I'm in for FM7. Skipped FH3 due to lack of time and money but no way on earth can I miss out on this mofo.

Nice OT btw, had no idea about the suits, Tier 11 now so all the Forza suits will be cool.

Nice OT !

As said in the other thread, the final game runs perfectly on my PC, just like the demo, no stutter despite having two cores at 100%.

1440p, everything Ultra, MSAA 4x, 200% resolution.
Unlocked FPS gives 90-140+ FPS (but with tearing so I lock it to 60).

i7 5930K @ 4.4 GHz
Inno3D 1080 Ti iChill Ultra X4
16 GB DDR4
Thrustmaster TX

So if the demo ran well on your PC, the final game should too.

Beautiful OT, OP :)

Now to decide if I buy the early edition this weekend or not? Hmmm.....

damn, that savage
(and accurate)
title

Aww yiss, nice OT guys!

Gonna add a load of you to my friends list, so I can see where I am on the leader boards compared to you guys and it would be nice to see some familiar names in my single player campaign! Pre-loaded on W10 and Xbox One

Fantastic OT, can't wait to dig in (later when XboneX releases :p)

Well done on the OT!

C'mon CD Keys, it's the fucking 29th here and still no ultimate edition key!

G Rom, the Nissan GTR sounds in the demo had me giggling like a school girl. My ears and body are ready!

7/7 OP! Would lose hours and hours to hotlapping again.

Nice and simple OT.

Thought I saw that shot somewhere else. :p
I tend to be more inspired in the Horizon games but who knows their new light will be game changing for photo.

Thanks for the kind words guys, sorry it was a bit late for those down under, if I do the next one it'll be on time life's been hectic...

Oh shortt we were just going to post a 3 hour animated gif highlighting everything but we didn't have time thus all the headers ;)
totally not a way to have in game images all over the ot honest

Fishook

Really looking to this, after finally getting the preload to download after a few errors this afternoon . FH3 has been one of my favourite games the best past year, usually I hate grindy games with unlockable stuff. Was perfect to have a blast every few days and enjoyed driving loads of unusual cars. The last Forza I played was either 2 or 3 when I owned a 360, and 100% that.1

KodaRuss

Why not just get Horizon since it is more your style? It is a great game(when it doesnt crash, PC)

Well I won the Taco Bell deal and Forza 7 comes with it. So yeah, first world problems I know.

Somehow I am going to find time to play GT:S, Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 in the next 6 months or so.

MaDKaT

Well I won the Taco Bell deal and Forza 7 comes with it. So yeah, first world problems I know.

Somehow I am going to find time to play GT:S, Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 in the next 6 months or so.

That is awesome, congrats! When you get a chance Horizon is a good deal of fun.

shandy706

Forzavista in the pit means we can use the full zoom on engines and other stuff, finally!

cb15d021-d5ec-44ef-8iuoc8.jpeg

Wow, they actually modeled the separate sheets of metal that are punched/bolted together around the engine bay, lol.

That could easily just be a single piece of model work, but they put both pieces there.

sheetmetalo8a2w.png

frontieruk

Anyway enjoy guys, will see you online when I get back from Berlin, and I'll start working out the league/s like for 6.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I asked in the other thread, but it might be more relevant here: How's the TX perform for you? I didn't test mine in the demo.

I'll be using the TMX Pro setup with a TH8A shifter, so I'll have some input on that.

It works very well and the FFB is really good, I have the TH8A shifter too and you can use both in the mappings.

You can really tell when the tyres are going to lose grip.

Note : by default the "X" button of the TX is mapped to both rear view and handbrake (as in the demo).
And don't forget to remove the dead zones.

Skyr

Wow, they actually modeled the separate sheets of metal that are punched/bolted together around the engine bay, lol.

That could easily just be a single piece of model work, but they put both pieces there.

sheetmetalo8a2w.png

That is insane detail right there.
Almost looks like they did they use original CAD Data from manufacturers?
I could imagine that they received partial data to ease the process.

Or is it all done by laserscanning?
It would be interesting to know how they built these high detail models.

nikos

Nice OT!

Can’t wait to finally play this. I may just go with the Ultimate Edition for early access. Not being able to use GCU on the digital version kind of burns, but whatever.

Does Play Anywhere work across all three MS platforms? For example, if I buy it digitally for the Xbox One now, can I later play the same game on PC and the Xbox One X with no additional expense?

so i forgot i preordered the ultimate edition for xbox one, but i sold my s in anticipation for the x :(

does the ultimate edition work on pc, or would i have had to buy the pc version to get that good ol cross buy

I'm excited for my first full Forza experience outside of the Horizon series. I couldn't say no to the $64 ultimate edition pre-order I had with Amazon.

Daffy Duck

So I got the F40 for free....sweet Jesus it sounds so good in the cockpit with headphones on.

This is going to look amazing on Scorpio.

RoKKeR

I love not having to think about Forza. I know I'm getting it every year and I know it's going to be quality every time.

Looking forward to playing for the first time on Friday.

G Rom

I also love all the other “smaller” sounds that add to the immersion like the loud one when you land a jump, the gravel that you still hear coming out of the car for a while after being back on the track, the one when you pass under an helicopter hovering on the track, etc...

The silent marketing campaign is even more baffling now that I have the game. I don’t get why they didn’t release small clips of cockpit cam footage of the crazy sounding cars for example...

a3902142-b32c-4d45-9fkrxd.jpeg

8956a5ab-0dd0-494f-91hofs.jpeg

Top Bottom