• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

KdotIX

Is it me or does turning off the Motion Camera option not work? I tried it on both the Dubai track and the Nurburgring. Feeling dizzy af right now.

xrnzaaas

Short summary of the demo content. Porsche drives like shit, Dubai looks great but isn't a super fun track to drive (we'll see about other variations), truck race was fine, Mugello is great as always but the tire barriers need to go, Nissan was easy and fun to control (and LOUD), dynamic weather is awesome. :)

Spasm

I'm so glad to see that the rendering of the wheel is gone when racing in cockpit view. I hope this carries over to the full game, at very least, as an option. Seeing the on-screen wheel is so annoying when you've got a physical wheel already in front of you.

MouldyK

I'm so glad to see that the rendering of the wheel is gone when racing in cockpit view. I hope this carries over to the full game, at very least, as an option. Seeing the on-screen wheel is so annoying when you've got a physical wheel already in front of you.

It’s in the Full Game I believe.

And is something I am stoked for!

While people complain the cars don’t feel right, I just want to cruise to music/podcasts with my wheel. It helps that I can’t drive anyway so don’t notice the terrible physics others do.

I do wish for more professional things like qualifying though and wish they could cater to the Hardcore as well as scrubs like me.

The Stig

DLing the PC demo now. if this runs fine I will put my $100 down for the ultimate edition preorder.

This coming from someone who not only never preorders and HATES the preorder system.

edit -

i5 6600k @ 4.2ghz
32gb ddr4 gskill ram pc3200 or 2300 whatever
strix gtx1060 6gb

if this runs poorly (@1080) ill be rather disappointed

While people complain the cars don’t feel right, I just want to cruise to music/podcasts with my wheel. It helps that I can’t drive anyway so don’t notice the terrible physics others do.
Of course you can. Driving is easy in real life and in a sim too. With sim'ish FFB and a tire model that believes in a gradient of grip beyond the adhesive part, it's also much easier to not outright do a 720 if you go over the limit. You should try Assetto Corsa or Automobilista, for the first one you can get some cool modded point to point cruise tracks as well(on PC at least and the modding is just downloading a rar and extracting a folder). Sure, by far not as pretty as Forza, but the immersion from FFB is much better. And it's really not hard at all(fake edit: well, if someone depends on braking according to the driving line, then it might not be a "jump right in"). I'm not saying forget Forza, but maybe give AC a try when you find it at a good price.

Bobnob

I asked in the other thread, Helios if you're about? anychance you can confirm friction assist is not allowed in public hoppers?

If it is allowed its kind of a deal breaker for me personally and ive seen others worrying about this on twitter.Other than that the game feels great.

Gestault

I'll never understand why they got rid of that overhead "ribcage" fencing on the last stretch over the bridge on the Alps track. It was visually distinctive and exagerrated the sense of speed in the last sprint.

Mascot

I'll never understand why they got rid of that overhead "ribcage" fencing on the last stretch over the bridge on the Alps track. It was visually distinctive and exagerrated the sense of speed in the last sprint.

I used to love that!

Maybe they needed the materials to build the one at Maple Valley.

Gestault

Clouds movements in the skybox are definitely dynamic on Alps. I did a quick comparison as the car passes the pedestrian (?) bridge on each lap, and the cirrus clouds have shifted.

Edit: Hot damn, Prague in the darker haze looks beautiful.

Justinh

OutsideXbox goes through some of the costumes in part of their video (8:28ish if it doesn't take you straight there).

Some of them look pretty cool, imo.

Don't expect clean racing afterwards, though...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I've cancelled my preorder. Game looks great but doesn't run well on my PC. Getting freezes that last 2-3 seconds and lots of stuttering. Quite disappointed to be honest as I was looking forward to it. Hopefully they fix it and I can pick it up at some point.

Justinh

Retro diver and NASA gear have to be my favorites.

Yeah, I thought those two were pretty cool too. I think I'd probably use the Large Farva if I got it, though. They didn't hang on it though.
xU0T6yU.jpg
edit: Oh! This one is called "Motorcycle Cop," not "Nurse."

Unlikely, from what I've heard Bernese Alps and Prague don't have rain (only very cloudy weather) and besides we also have locations like Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Thanks for replying. :)
Rain and night racing should be on every track. At least it seems to be on a lot more tracks than FM6, where it felt like a halfway implementation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "besides we also have locations like Abu Dhabi and Dubai." because the UAE was plagued by torrential rain this spring, so it's not like there's always sunny.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Clouds movements in the skybox are definitely dynamic on Alps. I did a quick comparison as the car passes the pedestrian (?) bridge on each lap, and the cirrus clouds have shifted.

Edit: Hot damn, Prague in the darker haze looks beautiful.

good, so hopefully weather and time of day too. its stupid that we dont really know the extent of how dynamic turn 10's system is, for weather or time of day. argh

eso76

Please tell me the game has dynamic weather on every track.

Only if by weather you mean sunny/cloudy. That I think is on all tracks.
But I think few tracks have different TOD or night racing and not all tracks have rain, although it's still not clear which ones I think we can rule out Prague, Rio and the more complex (graphically speaking) ones.

xrnzaaas

Thanks for replying. :)
Rain and night racing should be on every track. At least it seems to be on a lot more tracks than FM6, where it felt like a halfway implementation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "besides we also have locations like Abu Dhabi and Dubai." because the UAE was plagued by torrential rain this spring, so it's not like there's always sunny.
My bad, for me desert = no rain ;P

Anyway the obvious answer is that some tracks might require a lot of work (especially older ones) or they may be too hardware demanding with rain and Turn 10 has other priorities. ;)

LewieP

I tried to download the demo, after spending a long time downloading I eventually got to 2gb, then after a while more downloading it went back to 1.2gb, then after a while more downloading it just said "download failed" and wanted me to start again from the beginning.

I was able to successfully install several games from Steam or as DRM free direct downloads during this time.

How does the Windows 10 App store still have problems like these? I'd like to try this demo but I'd prefer to use something other than the Windows 10 App store.

OrangeOak

Bernese Alps and Prague in very cloudy (but not rainy) weather XBOX ONE X

https://youtu.be/UUuaFV_HiGk

These two are looking really good. Much better that in FM6 imo. I like more colorful alps with that blue sky. I was pretty bummed about how this game looks compared to FM6 but these new videos are making me optimistic.
I saw some shitty ones too though so maybe it all depends on current track, car and weather combination.

sp3ctr3

I seem to recall Maple Valley being more orange? Sunset and yellow brown leaves on the trees. Do I remember this wrong?

Top Bottom