• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

I wish the million people playing would get off so I can upload my freaking pictures, ha.

After a couple days I think this may be one of the best playing/controlling racers I've ever played.

Yup! This gamme is controlling amazingly well! Best racing game for me already! It looks gorgeous and plays even better!

arhra

I've tried to adjust when I played Titanfall, but I just can't do it. I subconsciously switch back. I've been holding a controller the way I do now since I was a child. Some habits are just too difficult to shake.

It sucks, because they are a cool addition to the controller. Subtle, but so effective.

Try cranking up the vibration strength in the settings (I think it's in the advanced options under controls). It's set at 50% by default, and cranking it up to 100% makes a pretty huge difference.

I'm glad the one person so far has not had any issues.
Game work fine for me for the most part only hick up are the on line components. The single player at least work. I am glad that they are addressing the issues quickly. I didn't expect them to fix VIP so soon.

Game is awesome so far even with some oddness the issues. This game is pretty much PGA, Dirt and Forza mash together in one perfect harmony. I really like the city hubs design in place of the last game where all the race just scattered all over the map.

neurophd

I've only had one system lock up yesterday...no problems since then

I'm crossing my fingers for a winter based add-on being made...imagine doing off-road/rallys through snowbanks and heavy snow conditions
Yeah dude! It would be cool to use their grape vine destruction animation to blow through snow banks! There is snow on those mountains in the distance. Do it Turn 10!

Still no VIP here, and about to start my third hard reset.

I did manage to join GAF though, so my points are now your points.

I'm crossing my fingers for a winter based add-on being made...imagine doing off-road/rallys through snowbanks and heavy snow conditions
All I ask is that whatever they do they take advantage of the open world and don't purely make extras in the form of one-off races behind load screens. Gimme a rally pack which upgrades the off-road trails, or snow that does the same. Hell, let me load alternate versions of the overworld map w/ new barn finds. I'd be down for that :)

It reminds me the best of PGR, TDU, Forza itself and even a little of RSC and Midtown Madness. A delicious luxury mix, but impressively with a very personal taste and identity. It's hard to describe.
There's even a touch of Motorstorm in the off-road stampedes you find yourself in the middle of - and those track layouts, with rally cars taking the trails and switchbacks while muscle cars just charge straight through - its nuts.

Monad

Maybe it's early to say this (if you consider shallow the 7 hours of intense gameplay I've invested), but as a hardcore fan of racing genre and automotive enthusiast, with a plethora of titles and franchises since the 32 bits in my record, Forza Horizon 2 is simply THE BEST I've played. Period.

It reminds me the best of PGR, TDU, Forza itself and even a little of RSC and Midtown Madness. A delicious luxury mix, but impressively with a very personal taste and identity. It's hard to describe.

RoKKeR

So is anybody having to wait for extremely long times post race for them to add up your Credits so you can advance to the XP screen? It just sits there for a while until it adds up, very annoying.

neurophd

So is anybody having to wait for extremely long times post race for them to add up your Credits so you can advance to the XP screen? It just sits there for a while until it adds up, very annoying.
Yeah I have been having the same issue. Hopefully these issues get smoothed out soon. Also after a sweet clean run I tried to watch the replay and game froze...frustrating.

arhra

All I ask is that whatever they do they take advantage of the open world and don't purely make extras in the form of one-off races behind load screens. Gimme a rally pack which upgrades the off-road trails, or snow that does the same. Hell, let me load alternate versions of the overworld map w/ new barn finds. I'd be down for that :)

I'd like to see the map extended, if they do a big expansion pack. The Alps are right there, and it's goddamn criminal that they haven't got any proper mountain roads in the game. Stelvio is kinda on the wrong side of Italy to truly fit in, but Horizon geography is hardly precise to begin with, and they could certainly take some inspiration:

78tIUnA.jpg

Bonus points for a winter mode (Horizon Après-ski?) where the higher elevations have permanent snow cover, and lower parts have occasional snowstorms.

Alternately, an extension to the west to include Marseille, as a larger-than-Nice urban area for more PGR-esque events, might be nice, too.

Although at this point I'd be happy just to be able to play the game at all. Why isn't it Friday yet?

Two days in, completed three road trips... And this game continues to blow me away... Absolutely glorious! Hopefully it can push sales for ms, people need to experience this game.

My top 5 of all time (original NES owner)

RoKKeR

Alright, finally joined the club! Will go through and add people when I get the chance but I've got a few of you already.

zorbsie

Yeah, I saved up my spins until I got it and I barely got anything decent. Not sure how it is actually helping.

I've got some big scores out of it. Half a dozen cars and a couple of 200k + credit hauls. Of course I'm level 100, so there has also been a few stinkers.

Now I might be biased because I am a Forza 5 fan, but this FH2 right here is official! Sad thing is someone could tell me The Crew and Project Cars was better than FH2, I wouldn't believe them and I wouldn't care.

Third hard reset was the charm for me - guess the timing was finally in my favor. VIP worked and I've got the day one and car pack cars downloaded. Still no Forza rewards in terms of cash or starting cars, but that'll be sweet when it comes. Oh yes it will.

And one very surprising experience for me - I'm a cockpit driver in any and all games I can get with that view bar none, always, and Forza has always been one of the best. But hot motherfucking damn, in THIS game, the hood/bonnet view is nothing short of glorious. Clouds parting, god rays projecting, endless skies and stars, dew drops on your eyes, blistering speed through tall whipping grasses in the wind, and the horizon outstretched in all directions. Just... wow.

Classical on the radio while speeding through the foothills of Montilleno with a Stratos in the dusk rain is just fucking heavenly.

The Alps are right there...
I like the way you think.

My 5 month old decided sleep wasn't for him this morning...so while he's on his playmat and I'm up anyway, I thought, sod it, let's play some Horizon!

...loading...

...loading...

...loading...

Are the servers down or something?

This sucks.

Montresor

I just saw in the Photo FH2 thread that someone made a Jurassic Park theme park jeep.

Is it possible for me to download that person's design and put it on my own jeep?

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Xbox One and Forza Horizon 2. I loved the first Forza Horizon but after the DRM fiasco etc I swore blind that I'd never get an Xbox One, so is there life in it beyond Forza Horizon 2?

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Xbox One and Forza Horizon 2. I loved the first Forza Horizon but after the DRM fiasco etc I swore blind that I'd never get an Xbox One, so is there life in it beyond Forza Horizon 2?
My justification is Forza 5, Horizon 2, The Master Chief Collection, Below, Halo 5, and a new Crackdown at some point down the line.

FH2
Sunset Overdrive
Halo MCC
Quantum Break
Gears of War
Crackdown
Halo 5
Several indies including:
Below (if you don't own PC) cuphead
Also:
Fable
Tomb Raider (at least a couple month head start)
Forza Motorsport 6
Killer Instinct
Ori (if you don't have PC)

That's just in the next 2 years.

Do game installs work the same way as the PS4 if you buy them via disc?
I don't have any game disks this gen, but yeah, the way I understand it is that both the Xbone and PS4 require the game to be fully installed to play, and unless things have changed, the Xbox install times are an order of magnitude longer than the PS4.

The OS gets patches at a steady clip though, so MS is setting the bar there.

Krilekk

Banned

TBH the One is an amazing console. Once you get used to snapping and switching between games and apps instantly you'll find it hard to go back to other platforms. And while PS4 is more powerful the reality is that when you have a screenshot of either platform only few people can tell them apart. I bought the One for one game, Horizon 2. And I had great fun with Forza 5 (which still looks amazing, texture quality is much higher than Horizon 2), Titanfall and Dead Rising 3. So yeah, go for it. You'll get a new Forza and a new Horizon every other year which will be all the racing games you need.

Top Bottom