• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain Expansion - coming December 13th

Kabanossi

What the f... I bought the 100€ Ultimate Edition and somehow I thought it would include all future DLC. That does not seem to be the case. Just, wow... Should have read the description more thoroughly. Well, atleast we get a 10€ discount...

mark-san

Banned
Will buy!

Once i found out i wouldn't be able to get 4k60 running smoothly, i've been happily playing at 1080p60 (without any issues) on my i5 6600K, GTX1070 and Intel 750 NVMe. Funny how this game can run like hot garbage for some, and no issues at all for others...

Video games are unplayable below 5k? What a time to be alive everyone!

It's a great time indeed, but you're putting words in my mouths here.

1440p is my native res and the res I'm aiming for in FH3, but since I played with a locked 30 I thought why not use the extra horsepower to downsample from 5K.

No you aren't.

How so? It's still unplayable due to the stuttering, but 100fps is doable with 1080.

It's a great time indeed, but you're putting words in my mouths here.

1440p is my native res and the res I'm aiming for in FH3, but since I played with a locked 30 I thought why not use the extra horsepower to downsample from 5K.

How so? It's still unplayable due to the stuttering, but 100fps is doable with 1080.

i love how people take their framerate at its highest point in an undemanding area and then claim they get that framerate everywhere

i love how people take their framerate at its highest point in an undemanding area and then claim they get that framerate everywhere

Indeed, good thing I didn't!

It's besides the point anyway. My point is, even with high, consistent framerates - it's still unplayable.

Fox Mulder

It's amazing this is 10 days away and there's been zero media for it really. All we have are screenshots from achievements people dug up.

Indeed, good thing I didn't!

It's besides the point anyway. My point is, even with high, consistent framerates - it's still unplayable.
Can you post a video on one of the more demanding races like Rainforest Escape, 3rd person cam with no drops below 100fps at 1440p maxed. I'll totally eat my words if you can.

drotahorror

Can you post a video on one of the more demanding races like Rainforest Escape, 3rd person cam with no drops below 100fps at 1440p maxed. I'll totally eat my words if you can.

Does it take long to get to that race? I'd like to test it out since there's no way I should be getting 60fps in the game apparently.

shpankey

not an idiot
Is this something we can drive to or we are going to have to load up separately? I sure hope the former.

I'm also hoping this release comes with another patch/update to the game to fix issues. Since the stutter issue is on their list of known issues, I'm optimistic for a fix, for those having that issue.

drotahorror

Does it take long to get to that race? I'd like to test it out since there's no way I should be getting 60fps in the game apparently.

2 hours played straight. My first festival is level 3 and I just got my 3rd festival. This is taking a long time to find this race, not sure if worth. I just can't stand this game.

I've had one drop to 40fps that was fixed with a rewind so not sure what happened there.

The only time I notice a stutter is after leaving a festival, it'll stutter 2 or 3x (then it's gone), but nothing like what I've seen in videos.

shpankey

not an idiot
I will say, this race, at night, in 3rd person view will definitely CRUSH your framerate. I get a rock solid 68fps at all times, but this race destroys my computer.

But I can honestly say this, and I am extremely DEEP into the game... I've only raced that race one time in all my normal play (I've gone back a couple times since this thread just to check it again)... and it wasn't in 3rd person. So to try and wrap up the entire game into one race, when the game is 99.99% everything else, which for me is rock solid 68fps, seems silly. That one race is not representative of the game. It obviously has some kind of issue with it specifically that the devs need to correct. So in no way should anyone make a conclusion based on it alone.

Obviously, that particular race just needs to be optimized by the dev team, which I'm sure will happen. But that poster is right, it will destroy your FPS. It's a mess. But again, 99.99% of your time will be elsewhere, so it's honestly irrelevant.

I will say, this race, at night, in 3rd person view will definitely CRUSH your framerate. I get a rock solid 68fps at all times, but this race destroys my computer.

But I can honestly say this, and I am extremely DEEP into the game... I've only raced that race one time in all my normal play (I've gone back a couple times since this thread just to check it again)... and it wasn't in 3rd person. So to try and wrap up the entire game into one race, when the game is 99.99% everything else, which for me is rock solid 68fps, seems silly. That one race is not representative of the game. It obviously has some kind of issue with it specifically that the devs need to correct. So in no way should anyone make a conclusion based on it alone.

Obviously, that particular race just needs to be optimized by the dev team, which I'm sure will happen. But that poster is right, it will destroy your FPS. It's a mess. But again, 99.99% of your time will be elsewhere, so it's honestly irrelevant.
There are a bunch of others that will drop below 60 on a 980Ti in 3rd person cam. There are real issues with alpha effects, so a full pack of cars throwing up spray/dust will hit the framerate hard. At least on 9-series gpus. The game can nearly hold 4K60 in the open world on my card, but drops to ~50fps at 1080p in some races.

shpankey

not an idiot
I'm also using a 980ti, and haven't had issues on any other races. I don't deny some people are having issues, but just saying I (and some others) are not. Except on the one race. The foza forums really make this apparent. There are people all over the place on this game. It's really weird.

I'm also using a 980ti, and haven't had issues on any other races. I don't deny some people are having issues, but just saying I (and some others) are not. Except on the one race. The foza forums really make this apparent. There are people all over the place on this game. It's really weird.
Try some of these. Is your 980ti clocked higher than a reference card?

Water's Way Cross Country
Jungle Coast Trail
Rainforest Cross Country Circuit

What did you mean when you said you "get a constant 100 fps at 1440p maxed"?

I'm not here to brag about my framerate, and I never said I'm getting 100fps at all times during the whole game, or even had 100fps the majority of the time.

I'm still on the second or third race in the game. My point, and only point, was even when I have constant 100fps I still have massive stuttering. The stuttering barely affects my frametimes, which leads me to believe that it's due to some issue within the game/engine.

Again, look at my footage @ 57s. Running at 5K here, but framerate is still solid. No significant drop in frametimes during the hitches, but the hitching on the car is still massive.

Top Bottom