• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 couple of screens of the PC graphics settings

| Praxis |

Banned
Feb 14, 2010
UK
Going to have to use Riva to cap the fps to 59 to get that Gsync goodness. The framerate limiter on Apex would hover over 60 and give really bad screen tear every time.

Can't wait to play this in 4K.

cskippy

Neo Member
Oct 18, 2012
Going to have to use Riva to cap the fps to 59 to get that Gsync goodness. The framerate limiter on Apex would hover over 60 and give really bad screen tear every time.

If your monitor supports a higher refresh rate with Gsync like the XB270HU, you can unlock the frames and still have the gsync magic!

bytesized

May 17, 2009
I'm kinda sad I missed that free update to Windows 10...
Well, don't want to be condescending but I sometimes don't get all that "aw man I'm not upgrading my windows, *insert older windows version of preference* was soooo much better!!"

In my opinion every windows update has had its bad things and good things but, overall, it's generally always an improvement, and windows 10 being a free update was a no-brainer, honestly.

SmartWaffles

Aug 29, 2014
Well, don't want to be condescending but I sometimes don't get all that "aw man I'm not upgrading my windows, *insert older windows version of preference* was soooo much better!!"

In my opinion every windows update has had its bad things and good things but, overall, it's generally always an improvement, and windows 10 being a free update was a no-brainer, honestly.
Please exclude ME and Vista.

Zojirushi

Jul 22, 2015

RTSS doesn't work with UWP tho.

GRaider81

Mar 6, 2014
My monitor is 4K/60 sadly.

Really? What the fuck... Now I'm going to have to use vsync. Smfh
Welcome to the open platform of UWP!

How do i get my win 10 to update to windows anniversary?
It still hasn't done it automatically for me

Kysen

Oct 6, 2012
Is the download separate from the install? It hasn't asked me where to put the files.

Maddrical

Jun 24, 2013
This might be the first Windows Store game I buy, and I don't even like racing games much! Looks so good.

Dee Dah Dave

Nov 24, 2013
England, UK
Forza Apex on 4K Ultra 4xMSAA I get between 80 and 120fps. That's with an old Xeon at 4.2Ghz and a 980Ti.

Really hoping I can get locked 60fps with the same settings. Fingers and toes crossed!

samar11

Oct 20, 2013
Does GSYNC not work if the refresh rate of the game is higher then your monitor ? Not that I care since I got a 144hz

SmartWaffles

Aug 29, 2014
Does GSYNC not work if the refresh rate of the game is higher then your monitor ? Not that I care since I got a 144hz
You want to use ULMB if you can get fps higher than the freshrate constantly, GSync will be useless in that case.