• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 - Hotwheels Expansion

Fuck yeah! Im gonna pick this up as soon as i get a scorpio and have access to my xbox one library again! Im hoping this is basically a better track mania turbo!

GHG

Gold Member
What the fuck is this?

All the dreams I had as a 10 year old about scalextric in videogames form?

Fucking sold. Not what I expected but it looks fun.

zorbsie

All over my face!
Not what I thought the expansion was going to be, but this looks like it will be crazy fun! So glad the expansion wasn't just a Porsche pack and the edit track thing is exactly what this series need. Can't wait!

enemy2k

fuck yeah, this looks doooooope as fuck. i need to get the expansion pass soon so i can have blizzard mountain too since i've been wanting to play that for ages. i beat most of the content in the base game and got a ton of achievements before moving on to other games.

edit: I played all of FH3 on my Xbox One S but I do own a PC with a 4690k at 4.6ghz and a gtx960. im hoping this patch improves the performance for it. so looking forward to the windows 10 cpu perf improvements and other win 10 updates! will reinstall on my ssd

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.

*heavybreathing*

Falchion

This looks so awesome, really cool that they're doing a radical departure from Blizzard Mountain with the last expansion.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap...that trailer turned me off completely to this game, wow. Hope this is an extra expansion as opposed to being the second and final one.

There's an update on the same day to improve performance.

I'll believe it when I see it. I read the post but after so many updates that did not help at all I'm not holding my breath.

The game performs perfectly fine in Dynamic mode for me. My system is no pushover, but this game seems to be best if you let it adjust itself.

FH3 and running perfectly fine are words that I'll never use in the same sentence. Good for you that you can brute force it.

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.
Please, please, i love this game... HOPE.

That looks ridiculous... and insanely fun.

I love this direction for DLC. Seems like most companies now use their DLC as an extension of the base game and gives you more of the same, which is all good, but I like that this DLC is being used as a way to break away from the main gameplay and try something new and different.

This is the type of creativity that gets me excited to play. I bought Blizzard Mountain and haven't got around to it yet but you can bet I will be playing Hot Wheels on day one.

Gestault

How do I check if I bought the expansion pass or just the snow island one (or whatever it was called)?

The Expansion Pass is an item on the marketplace, so either on the Xbox, web browser store, or in the Win10 Store, just do the search while logged in and it'll show if you own it.

Edit: Huh, login on the web store seems to be...not working.

To think this was the first Hot Wheels game I played on the Commodore 64 and now we have this!

hqdefault.jpg

KRaZyAmmo

Holy crap...that trailer turned me off completely to this game, wow. Hope this is an extra expansion as opposed to being the second and final one.
You don't need to get this expansion for it. You can be content with the base game + blizzard mountain and not touch the hotwheels stuff at all.it's your choice.

Fredrik

Oh my gaaaaaawd!! This looks so much fun! Trackmania x Forza! I'm totally getting some Amiga Stunt Car Racer vibes as well! :D

Oh man. I love Forza Horizon 3. Haven't been addicted to a racing game like this for quite a while. This will be a Day 1 purchase for me.

I generally don't even like racing games (though I did kind of enjoy that free standalone Fast and the Furious expansion) and even I gotta admit that looks fucking legit lol

Top Bottom