• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Finished Blizzard Mountain save getting a few more stars. It was fun, at first. But constantly understeering cars is a real turn off after a while. Certainly pretty but it kinda stopped being much fun after the 10th race. Also I hate cross country races.

Also, why the fuck am I severely limited to car designs? I can't add any more and I can't even change the paint colour. What? I've got 100GB free on my SSD and I can't use any of it? I guess they ported over the console limitation to the PC version. Now I can't get designs for every car in the game. So stupid. And I doubt they'll fix that. Poor job there Playground, really poor job.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Finished Blizzard Mountain save getting a few more stars. It was fun, at first. But constantly understeering cars is a real turn off after a while. Certainly pretty but it kinda stopped being much fun after the 10th race. Also I hate cross country races.

Also, why the fuck am I severely limited to car designs? I can't add any more and I can't even change the paint colour. What? I've got 100GB free on my SSD and I can't use any of it? I guess they ported over the console limitation to the PC version. Now I can't get designs for every car in the game. So stupid. And I doubt they'll fix that. Poor job there Playground, really poor job.

There's a limit? I've got more than 300 saved designs in Forza 6 (they're mostly very simple), but I haven't encountered any problems.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys.

Do you have any idea or suspicion of want the next expansion might be?

EDIT: WAIT! The next expansion could be just Porsches? No new map?

willbsn13

Complied list of FH3 De-Bug version leaked potential DLC cars.

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/a/MevKB

1977 AMC Pacer X
1973 AMC Gremlin X
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2009 Audi RS6
2003 Audi RS6
2001 Audi RS4 Avant
2017 Bentley Continental Supersports
1959 BMW 507
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1972 Chrysler Charger E49
2013 Dodge Dart
2010 Ferrari 599XX
1995 Ferrari F50 GT
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1932 Ford De-Luxe Three Window Coupe
1985 Holden HDT VK Commodore
1951 Holden FX Sedan
1970 Honda S800
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2016 Jaguar XE-S
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
1972 Land Rover Series III
1969 Lola T70
2016 Lotus 3-Eleven
2010 Mazda MX5 Super20
1990 Mazda MX5 Miata
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2014 Nissan Juke RS NISMO
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
2010 Pagani Zonda R
1971 Plymouth GTX426 Hemi
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
2014 Zenvo ST-1

Porsche:

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2012 Porsche Cayenne
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1995 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (993)
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1970 Porsche #3 917LH
1956 Porsche 356 A
1956 Porsche 550 Spyder

I doubt the Porsche expansion (if it does exist) that it'll be only 18 cars (weird number to have an expansion on) so hopefully we'll get atleast two more models for Porsche.

I wonder how much of this stuff will actually make it in

DasRaven

If that list is legit, then there's a Porsche in that list that will make a ton of people happy.

I actually compared it to my ideal list of Porsche DLC and it was only missing:
* 991.2 R, which could easily be a body mod for the GT3 RS
* 971 Panamera, which would be a dumb miss given the presence of the Cayenne/Macan."

I hope these leaks are confirmed, it would make FH3 a most complete collector simulator.

rrs

anyone else noticed that there's a lot of track cars on the list, will there perhaps be a monthly dlc with all the cars in question?
that nismo GT-R LM is everything I want

zorbsie

Still holding out hope that the second expansion is another land mass and not just an over priced car pack. Have they said when they are going to rotate the current Horizon Edition cars? I'm sitting on a ton of wheel spins. :)

KRaZyAmmo

Still holding out hope that the second expansion is another land mass and not just an over priced car pack. Have they said when they are going to rotate the current Horizon Edition cars? I'm sitting on a ton of wheel spins. :)

I hope they do rotate the Horizon edition cars around. I'm also sitting on tons of wheel spins.

BIGT468

Totally agree, and that the overpriced car pack is full of porsches!

Yeah I said it fight me!

There's a limit? I've got more than 300 saved designs in Forza 6 (they're mostly very simple), but I haven't encountered any problems.
I've got 292 cars in FH3. Most have 1 design, some have none and the game tells me I can have no more. I'm guessing the limit is 300. It's obviously something that was ported over from the console version I guess. But God, how dumb.

Also when is the January Car Pack going to drop on PC? Did they screw up so bad it's taking 3 days+ to fix?

rrs

Also when is the January Car Pack going to drop on PC? Did they screw up so bad it's taking 3 days+ to fix?
somehow, I guess the update has to go through the whole acceptance cycle along what I can see as an eternal compile time for the exe in the first place

I just want to drive the R31 already

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've got 292 cars in FH3. Most have 1 design, some have none and the game tells me I can have no more. I'm guessing the limit is 300. It's obviously something that was ported over from the console version I guess. But God, how dumb.

I think of myself as a car collector as well and that really sucks. :( Imo only the progression should be mandatory for cloud saves and the designs/tunes etc. should only be stored there for backup.

leng jai

As much as I liked the base game it probably wasn't going to make my GOTY list. However playing Blizzard Mountain has brought it right back into contention, what a brilliant expansion.

They really need to fix the Drivatar AI in the next game though, it's essentially broken. I can breeze through and win with ease in one race and then in the next try 5 times and never get in the top 3 despite driving as well as I can.

saladine1

zakcLT0.jpg

Holy Shit!!!

Need the Brocky NOW!!!

somehow, I guess the update has to go through the whole acceptance cycle along what I can see as an eternal compile time for the exe in the first place

I just want to drive the R31 already

Can't believe it has taken so long for the R31 to appear in the series.

rrs

Can't believe it has taken so long for the R31 to appear in the series.
And most likely only showed up due to Australia relevance in touring car racing

If the leaks are true, add a new for the series mid 90's touring car edition of the R32 to that list. Honestly, T10/Playground are doing the daunting task of balancing the supercar and new car fans with those who want older cars and oddball cars (me)

If the leaks are true, add a new for the series mid 90's touring car edition of the R32 to that list. Honestly, T10/Playground are doing the daunting task of balancing the supercar and new car fans with those who want older cars and oddball cars (me)

The other Nissan wasn't an R32, it was the R33 GT LM, I assume the road car:
1_2.jpg

The specs match the road car exactly.

So with the dev tools I can render up to 16K screenshots (I can go further but it crashes because of VRAM) and I can specify how many samples the photomode renders.

This is just a 1080p example, but LOOK AT HOW SMOOTH THE DOF IS. Photomode renders 300 samples by default which is nice, but 1500 samples makes it almost like actual bokeh.
31755150470_dbaf9d0fb3_o.png

So beautiful.

The disappointment here for me is that while I had already expected it anyway is that the second expansion pack looks to be indeed just another Porsche pack with probably some new events tied to it. Huge bummer considering I was secretly hoping for another Blizzard mountain style expansion.
If they don't have to pay EA a ton of money for the Porsche license in 2017 and most of the Porsches were in previous this-gen Forza's how could they charge game-expansion money, again?!? I don't believe the expansion will be just Porsche cars and challenges (unless it's like a $10 thing).

AsianOni

So with the dev tools I can render up to 16K screenshots (I can go further but it crashes because of VRAM) and I can specify how many samples the photomode renders.

This is just a 1080p example, but LOOK AT HOW SMOOTH THE DOF IS. Photomode renders 300 samples by default which is nice, but 1500 samples makes it almost like actual bokeh.
31755150470_dbaf9d0fb3_o.png

So beautiful.

So that's how they take their bullshots..

rrs

If they don't have to pay EA a ton of money for the Porsche license in 2017 and most of the Porsches were in previous this-gen Forza's how could they charge game-expansion money, again?!? I don't believe the expansion will be just Porsche cars and challenges (unless it's like a $10 thing).
hopefully more porsches, esp highly desired ones that EA kept anyone from ever licensing

I'd kill for a 1967 Shelby GT 500 in this game....and in real life :p

Finally found the last road. Been bugging me for weeks now >.>

Anyway, someone was telling me earlier that if you have purchased all the DLC packs, including Blizz Mountain, you can get the 2016 Focus Gymkhana in the DLC section of the autoshow without having to win the Blizz Mountain championship.

Is this true?

I'd kill for a 1967 Shelby GT 500 in this game....and in real life :p

Finally found the last road. Been bugging me for weeks now >.>

Anyway, someone was telling me earlier that if you have purchased all the DLC packs, including Blizz Mountain, you can get the 2016 Focus Gymkhana in the DLC section of the autoshow without having to win the Blizz Mountain championship.

Is this true?

Just need Blizzard Mountain for that. Go into the DLC cars section and you can add it to the garage from there without having to win it. Best bit: winning KotM will give you a second one ^^

Not at home and can't find any info on the current Forzathon other than the fact that the Hall of the Mountain King event is glitched. What are the dates and events for the current one?

zorbsie

Yup, she's a beauty when restored.

Are you going to accept some club invites today too?
Seems like mine hasn't been for a while now.

oh shit dude I didn't know you sent one. I'll accept it now. Sorry about that.

Not at home and can't find any info on the current Forzathon other than the fact that the Hall of the Mountain King event is glitched. What are the dates and events for the current one?
Ends in 2 days
Snow Flower
- Complete 3 Mountain Bucket List Challenges OR Street Races in a LOTUS. Earn 15K XP
Cool Under Pressure - Perform 30 Snowman OR Stuntman Skills. Earn 3 Wheelspins
Shake, Rally and Roll - Complete 15 Races in a Rally Monster. Earn #75 Subaru WRX VT15r Rally
Puddle Jumper - Jump the Lake Overlook OR Splash Down Danger sign in the BMW Isetta. Earn 25k XP

Lima

Shake, Rally and Roll - Complete 15 Races in a Rally Monster. Earn #75 Subaru WRX VT15r Rally

This is the one that is broken btw.

Not a huge loss considering the car already came with the expansion and it's just another livery compared to the #199.

zorbsie

This is the one that is broken btw.

Not a huge loss considering the car already came with the expansion and it's just another livery compared to the #199.

That's the one I'm working on next. What is a stuntman skill? I think Snowman is hitting a snowman at a certain speed, but not sure about stuntman. They really should have a codex for this stuff in game.

Lima

That's the one I'm working on next. What is a stuntman skill? I think Snowman is hitting a snowman at a certain speed, but not sure about stuntman. They really should have a codex for this stuff in game.

Stuntman is get air skill first and then after landing immediately get a near miss. That shit is so complicated and situational that I can't imagine anyone does it over snowman skills lol.

Let me know if it's broken for you too. I got the achievement like I said but no car.

zorbsie

Stuntman is get air skill first and then after landing immediately get a near miss. That shit is so complicated and situational that I can't imagine anyone does it over snowman skills lol.

Let me know if it's broken for you too. I got the achievement like I said but no car.

Stuntman sound impossible. lol

Did you do the 15 races on blizzard mountain or main land Australia?
I couldn't get my barn find car added to my garage when I was in BM. Wonder if its the same with the prize car too.

Lima

Stuntman sound impossible. lol

Did you do the 15 races on blizzard mountain or main land Australia?
I couldn't get my barn find car added to my garage when I was in BM. Wonder if its the same with the prize car too.

Yeah I did. I worked on completing some of my remaining championships in BM. Considering all the other challenges worked there too that thought didn't even cross my mind lol. Guess I will do it on the main map again then.

Top Bottom