• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Patch Live, Redownloads Entire Game (PC)

Theorry

You can't make this shit up. https://twitter.com/cowbs/status/783379186681384961

Just tested for myself, can confirm.

Well should have updated W10. Latest update fixed that issue.

Important Windows 10 Update
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

In addition this Windows 10 update also adds in support for Fanatec wheels in both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3. In other words, if you’re playing on Windows 10, make sure you’ve got this update now.

If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps:

Hit the Windows Key + R
Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

CryptiK

Wait I thought people downloaded it as a patch just fine.
EDIT: Update ya damn Windows this was fixed in an update. If this is happening to you, it means you havent updated.

FX-GMC

Important Windows 10 Update
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

In addition this Windows 10 update also adds in support for Fanatec wheels in both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3. In other words, if you’re playing on Windows 10, make sure you’ve got this update now.

If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps: 

Hit the Windows Key + R
Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

If your Windows 10 Version and OS Build numbers do not match the above, follow these steps to download the latest version: 

Open your Settings app
Select Windows Update
Click “Check for Updates”
Install the available Windows Update
Restart your PC

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_30_16

;)

Patch won't even download on my machine. Keeps giving me an error. 0x87E10BD0 is the error and not finding much on Google about it. Oh well., back to playing on the One for now.

KRaZyAmmo

it's doing it right now. It's so stupid. Why does it require to redownload and install the whole game again to add a patch. Should I cancel it and then update it?

KevinG

Windows 10 was updated to .222

Still required that I redownload the entire game. Took three whole days to download it, played for five minutes, then the update.

Now I can't play it on my PC for three more days.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
^^^same here. I have the .222 update

It hurts, because the game is soooooo much fun when it runs right. I got such bad stuttering and frame rate drops earlier I quit out of frustrating. Then I see a patch is scheduled to be released today, get my hopes up, download the patch, and this shit happens. So pissed.

I spent $100.00 on the Ultimate Edition too so that makes it sting even more.

Munter

My Windows is up to date, but apparently it likes downloading this patch as it's currently downloading for the 3rd time...

They did warn everyone in advance that the newest Windows update was required.

Maybe you could argue that they didn't give enough advance or the word hadn't spread enough, but it's not like they tried to sneak anything by.

I just finished downloading the game this morning after taking 2 days to download.

Haven't even gotten to play it yet.

EDIT: Update is only 1.89 GB for me. Thank goodness.

Soulflarz

Banned

Maybe you could argue that they didn't give enough advance or the word hadn't spread enough, but it's not like they tried to sneak anything by.

Some of us are updated, read the OP.
Regardless, my issue fixed, and maybe the game will actually run 60fps on my rig now, so I can't really complain >_>

Yeah, that can fuck right off no matter what it fixes.

Well, based on early reports in the performance thread, it doesn't fix much.

The download issue seems like this is a user-to-user sort of issue though. Not actually something that is happening to everyone.

This sounds like more win10 store wackiness regarding downloads. It is really opaque as to what it downloaded, at which speed, etc. It also seems to randomly stop downloading, improperly use the connection or sometimes max the connection out completely till it throttles.
It needs full control and information for the user in the client itself. So the usuer should be able to limit download speeds manually, the ability to see the download speed in the client, and the ability to see the size of the FULL download and their total download percentage. Not just the proportional size of blue on the download bar for the current download package.

Lego Boss

No way is my 100 MBS d/l this patch at like 5 kbps.

What the fuck is wrong with XBOX that their downloads are so slow.

Munter

Patch downloaded, loaded the game, requires an update, patch starts downloading for the 4th time...

Well done Microsoft, well done.

That's the punchline: the Winodws update didn't fix anything, some people who are fully updated are still being prompted to redownload the whole game.

KevinG

I just finished downloading the game this morning after taking 2 days to download.

Haven't even gotten to play it yet.

EDIT: Update is only 1.89 GB for me. Thank goodness.

My update was only 1.89 too, then it asked to redownload the entire thing.

Redx508

lets see how it goes

O0NsyTW.png

EDIT
update works fine took less than 5mins game still works. 1.89gb

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
My update was only 1.89 too, then it asked to redownload the entire thing.

That's what mine is at as well, and it then changes to a 55gb download randomly. I'm thinking if I don't pause it or mess with it it might download, but it's been sitting here stuck at 42.62mb for the last 25 minutes.

Fuck this Microsoft Store bullshit!

Manac0r

Sorry but Win10 store = Hot pile of garbage...

There is no way I should be paying premium prices for PC games that can't even be downloaded efficiently from their digital store.

I mean these guys developed the world's most popular OS yet their store blows.... Way to go MS...

/rant

TO BE CLEAR: The update is 1.89Gb for me, my issues is that it has been a nightmare to pre load both Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 - nothing but pauses, cancelled downloads and errors. This is meant to be a premium service/product yet I could download Digital Homicide games easier....

LQX

I love some of these responses. Well you should have updated this thing that should have nothing to do with this thing. Tuff.

Even if you did not have to redownload the full game their patching system is ridiculous and seemingly years behind Steam, Origin and Uplay. I had to start fully start FH3 for the update to even initiate, it then download the patches in segments, not one whole patch. Mine even looped and I kept having to download it.

Top Bottom