• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 PC not launching...help..

So I was able to get a RTX 3070 on launch day and as my computer was running weirdly I decided to reset my PC and just start fresh (something I always do with Apple products).

Now I can't get Forza Horizon 4 to launch at all. It brings up the launcher but it just stays there and eventually just goes away. I've reinstalled the game now 3 times including the initial install. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers twice. I've set priority and made sure it could run in the background since somebody mentioned it on Google.

Ever since getting the new card I've had issues with Steam pulling up FPS counters, and with multiple games (Far Cry 5 and Division 2) basically zooming the display if I choose anything above 1080p despite being on a 4K tv. I've tried only selecting my TV as output and it doesn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

Kuranghi

I know you said you reinstalled twice already, but if you didn't use something like this - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300 - then thats worth a shot, not sure if its truly necessesary anymore but good to make sure its not some leftover files, driver problems.

Did you change to the TV from a monitor/an old TV around the same time as getting the 3070? Could be display problems if so.

If its neither of those things I'd start to think it might be HW stuff since you said you just reinstalled Windows. It could be something really simple like the connector on the GPU, so you should make sure the HDMI cable is connected properly.

I just thought though, you said that it does the zooming with anything above 1080p, so maybe its a old, lower bandwidth HDMI cable. Do you have others you could try? Like one thats between another device and the TV that has no problems with 4K.

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

I had the same problem, eventually i discovered that forza horizon 4 crash on startup if you have WARSAW installed, it is installed with some online banking apps, sorry about my english.

Uiki

So I was able to get a RTX 3070 on launch day and as my computer was running weirdly I decided to reset my PC and just start fresh (something I always do with Apple products).

Now I can't get Forza Horizon 4 to launch at all. It brings up the launcher but it just stays there and eventually just goes away. I've reinstalled the game now 3 times including the initial install. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers twice. I've set priority and made sure it could run in the background since somebody mentioned it on Google.

Ever since getting the new card I've had issues with Steam pulling up FPS counters, and with multiple games (Far Cry 5 and Division 2) basically zooming the display if I choose anything above 1080p despite being on a 4K tv. I've tried only selecting my TV as output and it doesn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

First of all, download another game from the windows store and try if that's working. Free ones are ok as long as they are uwp.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I had the same problem, eventually i discovered that forza horizon 4 crash on startup if you have WARSAW installed, it is installed with some online banking apps, sorry about my english.

Yeah, stupid crap. I just fixed one of my drives having 100% HDD access when watching large video files (which caused stuttering and freezing of the video ofc) from it.

That was "Rapport" though, not WARSAW.

Skifi28

I always have the same problem with Horizon 3 or Forza 7 every few weeks/months. Just decides to stop launching and nothing I can do works. Then it magically fixes itself a few days later with no input from me. At some point I just gave up and swore never to buy Forza again on PC.

Guilty_AI

I always have the same problem with Horizon 3 or Forza 7 every few weeks/months. Just decides to stop launching and nothing I can do works. Then it magically fixes itself a few days later with no input from me. At some point I just gave up and swore never to buy on microsoft store again on PC.
FTFY

Reactions: GHG
Thanks for the responses. I wiped the computer and downloaded Windows again instead of installing front my device. Will see what happens.

I know you said you reinstalled twice already, but if you didn't use something like this - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300 - then thats worth a shot, not sure if its truly necessesary anymore but good to make sure its not some leftover files, driver problems.

Did you change to the TV from a monitor/an old TV around the same time as getting the 3070? Could be display problems if so.

If its neither of those things I'd start to think it might be HW stuff since you said you just reinstalled Windows. It could be something really simple like the connector on the GPU, so you should make sure the HDMI cable is connected properly.

I just thought though, you said that it does the zooming with anything above 1080p, so maybe its a old, lower bandwidth HDMI cable. Do you have others you could try? Like one thats between another device and the TV that has no problems with 4K.
I'll try the DDU, my friend just suggested it as well.
I really hope it's nothing hardware related. Dumb moment, but it never crossed my mind to try another cable because some games are perfectly okay. I'll use the cable from my Apple TV or PS4. I never had the issue with my RX580.
First of all, download another game from the windows store and try if that's working. Free ones are ok as long as they are uwp.
I'm going to try that now. I'm just gonna grab World of Horror since I want it either way and see.
Yeah, stupid crap. I just fixed one of my drives having 100% HDD access when watching large video files (which caused stuttering and freezing of the video ofc) from it.

That was "Rapport" though, not WARSAW.
Maybe this is a stupid question but what is WARSAW?

Just booted World of Horror without any issues. I guess I'll try to reinstall Forza here and see what happens. Maybe since it was a fresh build I hadn't signed into Xbox Live yet even though I signed into the Xbox app?

I always have the same problem with Horizon 3 or Forza 7 every few weeks/months. Just decides to stop launching and nothing I can do works. Then it magically fixes itself a few days later with no input from me. At some point I just gave up and swore never to buy Forza again on PC.
Problem is Horizon 3/4 are some of my most played games of the last few years. I don't know what it is but I've had more issues with gaming on PC the last few months then I've ever had. I can usually fix most issues but this one eludes me. Same with the screen zoom thing.

Skifi28

I don't have many games on the Window store, but I never had a problem with Gears4. Forza (the two I've played) have to be the most inconsistent ports I've ever seen. Sometimes they work perfectly with the expected performance, other times I get crazy and constant stuttering for no apparent reason or half the framerate because why not, tons of crashes even now and that's assuming it launches at all.

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

Thanks for the responses. I wiped the computer and downloaded Windows again instead of installing front my device. Will see what happens.

I'll try the DDU, my friend just suggested it as well.
I really hope it's nothing hardware related. Dumb moment, but it never crossed my mind to try another cable because some games are perfectly okay. I'll use the cable from my Apple TV or PS4. I never had the issue with my RX580.

I'm going to try that now. I'm just gonna grab World of Horror since I want it either way and see.

Maybe this is a stupid question but what is WARSAW?

Its installed with some BANK APPS, in my case here in Brasil, it was the Banco do Brasil APP, it installed g-buster and WARSAW, i had to remove warsaw to open fh4.

Fh4 used to crash here too with some overlay apps, like afterburner or even OBS.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I don't have many games on the Window store, but I never had a problem with Gears4. Forza (the two I've played) have to be the most inconsistent ports I've ever seen. Sometimes they work perfectly with the expected performance, other times I get crazy and constant stuttering for no apparent reason or half the framerate because why not, tons of crashes even now and that's assuming it launches at all.
I remember having a lot of problems with FH3, but pretty much none with FH4.
Then again, its been a while since i last played it.

Uiki

Just booted World of Horror without any issues. I guess I'll try to reinstall Forza here and see what happens. Maybe since it was a fresh build I hadn't signed into Xbox Live yet even though I signed into the Xbox app?

Problem is Horizon 3/4 are some of my most played games of the last few years. I don't know what it is but I've had more issues with gaming on PC the last few months then I've ever had. I can usually fix most issues but this one eludes me. Same with the screen zoom thing.

Check your windows time and date and set it to automatic.
Try changing your audio quality in control panel > sound > youroutputhere, right click for properties -> advanced and set 16bit 44100hz.

Go to services and check if all the ones starting with "xbox" are running.

Search for wsreset and try that as well.

UWP is a fucking disaster.

Last edited:
Its installed with some BANK APPS, in my case here in Brasil, it was the Banco do Brasil APP, it installed g-buster and WARSAW, i had to remove warsaw to open fh4.

Fh4 used to crash here too with some overlay apps, like afterburner or even OBS.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
Check your windows time and date and set the to automatic.
Try changing your audio quality in control panel > sound > youroutputhere, right click for properties -> advanced and set 16bit 44100hz.

Go to services and check if all the ones starting with "xbox" are running.

Search for wsreset and try that as well.

UWP is a fucking disaster.
I'll try all of this. Some of those services weren't running. I'll check back in when Forza gets installed. Trying to prioritize the download before I go trying Watch Dogs Legion or Division.

Top Bottom