• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Trailer Forza Horizon 5 Official Announce Trailer

sainraja

Aug 15, 2007
I've never used the steering wheel setup with any racing game. I might just do it with FH5. How realistic does it really feel if you get that?

makaveli60

Jan 7, 2018
Is there any good comparison vids with FH4? I still don’t see it as a huge step up. Which is not surprising given that FH4 is still among the most realistic looking games. I played more than 50 hours on base Xbox One and besides image quality and pop-up I found the graphics utterly amazing. It’s maybe that I find the European landscape and lighting more realistic as I’m more accustomed to it than to Mexico and that’s why I don’t see this as a huge leap?

Reactions: drotahorror

Stuart360

Sep 9, 2018
Is there any good comparison vids with FH4? I still don’t see it as a huge step up. Which is not surprising given that FH4 is still among the most realistic looking games. I played more than 50 hours on base Xbox One and besides image quality and pop-up I found the graphics utterly amazing. It’s maybe that I find the European landscape and lighting more realistic as I’m more accustomed to it than to Mexico and that’s why I don’t see this as a huge leap?
There probably are comparisons on Youtube.
For me, the difference is huge, and i put near 100 hours into FH4, on PC too.
Its the fine detail, the amount of foliage, rocks, etc, its way beyond FH4 and 3.

l2ounD

Sep 28, 2009
USA

Turk1993

Jan 13, 2018
There probably are comparisons on Youtube.
For me, the difference is huge, and i put near 100 hours into FH4, on PC too.
Its the fine detail, the amount of foliage, rocks, etc, its way beyond FH4 and 3.
Same, i have over 170+ hours on pc and i can clearly see all the improvements from texture detail, lighting, shaders, the density of the environments and draw distance. FH4 was already one of the best looking game last gen and they gave FH5 a solid upgrade.

Turk1993

Jan 13, 2018
Some 4k screen from Xbox feed (little compressed but decent)

Certinty

Oct 28, 2012
London
It's actually quite funny how these Horizon games have got to a point where the odd numbered games are by far the best ones with the even numbered ones being quite disappointing.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: skit_data

Whitecrow

May 7, 2018
We are reaching the uncanny valley of cant get more photorealistic but still looks like a game : /

Sony

Nintendo
Jun 15, 2016
This game checks every box so far. It even has localized weather. When it's raining and you drive up a mountain, the rain will turn into snow. That's some awesome stuff man.

Reactions: GC_DALBEN

jhjfss

Mar 19, 2020
Note to Polyphony Digital: how on earth are the MS studios able to ship like 6 (outstanding) race games over a short period and you guys are working on Gran Turismo games for ages. I swear it's like you are assembling the cars yourself.
Polyphony is like 343 and Playground is like insomniac.

Reactions: nbkicker

nbkicker

Jan 21, 2021
Looks really good, congrats Xbox owners.

Note to Polyphony Digital: how on earth are the MS studios able to ship like 6 (outstanding) race games over a short period and you guys are working on Gran Turismo games for ages. I swear it's like you are assembling the cars yourself.
Yep i use to love gran turismo , but not played one since trading my ps3 in, although not played a forza as use to be a big playstation fanboy, now ive got a ps5 and a xbox x think ill be trying this game, polyphony use to be the leader in driving games, but now when they first show there games it looks amazing, but by time there game actually comes out it just ends up looking average to whats out by then, just wish sony had kept evolution studios then they could have had two company's making driving games

Reactions: Zannrebel

HTK

May 13, 2011
Getting my Xbok bundle tomorrow, really looking forward to Horizon 5 on my LG OLED. :)

Reactions: Riky
Sep 22, 2020
I've been playing FH4 again on PC with everything maxed and while it's probably the most fun I've ever had in a driving game this looks miles better graphically. I'm really looking forward to playing this.

I've not read the thread so maybe already discussed but I wonder if the last gen version will effectively be a different game like the 360 and Xbox One versions of Horizon 2.