• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Official Announce Trailer

sainraja

I've never used the steering wheel setup with any racing game. I might just do it with FH5. How realistic does it really feel if you get that?

makaveli60

Is there any good comparison vids with FH4? I still don’t see it as a huge step up. Which is not surprising given that FH4 is still among the most realistic looking games. I played more than 50 hours on base Xbox One and besides image quality and pop-up I found the graphics utterly amazing. It’s maybe that I find the European landscape and lighting more realistic as I’m more accustomed to it than to Mexico and that’s why I don’t see this as a huge leap?

Stuart360

Is there any good comparison vids with FH4? I still don’t see it as a huge step up. Which is not surprising given that FH4 is still among the most realistic looking games. I played more than 50 hours on base Xbox One and besides image quality and pop-up I found the graphics utterly amazing. It’s maybe that I find the European landscape and lighting more realistic as I’m more accustomed to it than to Mexico and that’s why I don’t see this as a huge leap?
There probably are comparisons on Youtube.
For me, the difference is huge, and i put near 100 hours into FH4, on PC too.
Its the fine detail, the amount of foliage, rocks, etc, its way beyond FH4 and 3.

l2ounD

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
There probably are comparisons on Youtube.
For me, the difference is huge, and i put near 100 hours into FH4, on PC too.
Its the fine detail, the amount of foliage, rocks, etc, its way beyond FH4 and 3.
Same, i have over 170+ hours on pc and i can clearly see all the improvements from texture detail, lighting, shaders, the density of the environments and draw distance. FH4 was already one of the best looking game last gen and they gave FH5 a solid upgrade.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Some 4k screen from Xbox feed (little compressed but decent)
51338179748_49832e3b74_o.jpg

51338693004_eb1491d672_o.jpg

51338693054_e0ee7575b3_o.jpg

51338179873_e163cb89d0_o.jpg

51338692964_8e1f945829_o.jpg

51338692939_6865d55b2e_o.jpg

Certinty

It's actually quite funny how these Horizon games have got to a point where the odd numbered games are by far the best ones with the even numbered ones being quite disappointing.

Sony

Nintendo
This game checks every box so far. It even has localized weather. When it's raining and you drive up a mountain, the rain will turn into snow. That's some awesome stuff man.

jhjfss

Note to Polyphony Digital: how on earth are the MS studios able to ship like 6 (outstanding) race games over a short period and you guys are working on Gran Turismo games for ages. I swear it's like you are assembling the cars yourself.
Polyphony is like 343 and Playground is like insomniac.

nbkicker

Looks really good, congrats Xbox owners.

Note to Polyphony Digital: how on earth are the MS studios able to ship like 6 (outstanding) race games over a short period and you guys are working on Gran Turismo games for ages. I swear it's like you are assembling the cars yourself.
Yep i use to love gran turismo , but not played one since trading my ps3 in, although not played a forza as use to be a big playstation fanboy, now ive got a ps5 and a xbox x think ill be trying this game, polyphony use to be the leader in driving games, but now when they first show there games it looks amazing, but by time there game actually comes out it just ends up looking average to whats out by then, just wish sony had kept evolution studios then they could have had two company's making driving games

I've been playing FH4 again on PC with everything maxed and while it's probably the most fun I've ever had in a driving game this looks miles better graphically. I'm really looking forward to playing this.

I've not read the thread so maybe already discussed but I wonder if the last gen version will effectively be a different game like the 360 and Xbox One versions of Horizon 2.

reksveks

PC Specs here:

Forza Motorsport - Experience Forza Horizon 5 PC in Striking Detail

bb83c500-8ef0-481f-9d9f-e3aff53b156d.jpg

Forza Horizon 5 is built from the ground up on PC to deliver the open road in extraordinary detail at limitless speeds. What’s more, the game is fitted with a vast array of graphics settings to tweak and adjust the experience as you see fit. Unlock the framerate, crank up the visuals to 4K, enable HDR for more luminous lighting or expand the field-of-view.

The PC version of Forza Horizon 5 also supports 21:9 ultrawide displays for further immersion, as well as the most popular steering wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec.
  • Logitech: Driving Force, G25, G27, G29, G920, G923PS, G923XB, Momo
  • Thrustmaster: Ferrari 458, T150 RS, T300 RS, T500 RS, TMX, T-GT, TS-XW, TX, TS-PC
  • Fanatec: V1, V2, V2.5, CSL, CSL DD, DD1, DD2, Universal HUB device
Additionally, haptic feedback on the Xbox Wireless Controller is supported by all versions of Forza Horizon 5, including Steam for the first time!

Midn1ght

The 3080 is for 4K/Ultra I presume?

I'm targeting 2K/Ultra - Very High so I bet my 3060Ti/11600K will be good to go (I hope).

And there's no DLSS, correct?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Forza Horizon games are pretty much guaranteed to always be masterpieces in their own right, to the extent that for many, what started out as an offshoot subseries has surpasses the mainline Forza games.

Based on everything that we've seen of Forza Horizon 5 so far, it certainly seems like it's going to be yet another excellent entry in the open world racing franchise, so it makes sense that excitement for it is quite high. In this feature, we're going to prepare for its imminent launch by talking about some key details that you should know about the game.

reksveks

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Only article regarding a recent press hands on preview?

Edit, nope more coming out

Seems like they improved a lot the progression system, the audio and the handling.

25 more days to go..

Edit: comparison between performance and quality mode posted by IGN:

Not sure I see a lot of difference and it seems Performance is fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom