• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Pantz

Gold Member
Came around a corner in a street race and this random traffic car is doing a burnout.

nv9oUrG.png

Well Neunelfer is bugged for me. I can't get the "take a picture of your car" to trip. Restarted, bought a new one, put the original back to stock, nothing seems to trip it.

That's annoying.

EDIT: If you can't trip it, wait and try again later. After farting around with seasonal events for a while I tried again and tripped it this time. Still annoying.

Jtq9wdT.jpg
If anyone's still having trouble with the Porsche Carerra challenges not working, the fix is to take a picture of a different Porsche and that should unbugger the bug.

Danknugz

did anyone ever figure out how to play a simple multiplayer race in this game? i gave up a few days after release and it would be nice to know how when i play it again.

cormack12

Gold Member
did anyone ever figure out how to play a simple multiplayer race in this game? i gave up a few days after release and it would be nice to know how when i play it again.

Think it's Horizon open racing iirc, scroll through the tabs in the menu and one of them will ask if you want racing etc. I think.

Or just drive to any race and select pvp

So I’m really enjoying this game a lot but can anyone else see as clear as I that this game is built to be addictive? it’s like they’ve done everything they can to keep players wanting to keep playing, that next accolade, that next xp, that next skill, the next skill song, the next wheel spin, the next super wheelspin, more forza points, car unlocks, car mastery etc etc etc

I don’t know if I feel like a dupe for loving it so much or not but I seem to have a seriously a bad case of ‘just one more’ itis I seem to end up playing many hours beyond when I tell myself I should be done every session.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Not sure why I'm determined to get those "beat 10 races against unbeatable drivatars" accolades but I am.

Won the 10 for dirt races. Have a handful of wins in street and cross country. I only have one in road. Road races against unbeatable is fucking insane and I have to resort to e-brake tackling the leader.

Anyone have any tips for these? They are goddamn hard.

Rossco EZ

Hold on a minute, is there a police mode in this game? Or some sort of custom event going on? I have always said that this element was missing in the forza games, something like Hot Pursuit combined with Forza including all the speed trap weapons like road block and helicopter assists not to mention spike traps...!
it’s just a player made livery, some cars allow you to have lights on too

Markio128

So I’m really enjoying this game a lot but can anyone else see as clear as I that this game is built to be addictive? it’s like they’ve done everything they can to keep players wanting to keep playing, that next accolade, that next xp, that next skill, the next skill song, the next wheel spin, the next super wheelspin, more forza points, car unlocks, car mastery etc etc etc

I don’t know if I feel like a dupe for loving it so much or not but I seem to have a seriously a bad case of ‘just one more’ itis I seem to end up playing many hours beyond when I tell myself I should be done every session.
I’ve been the complete opposite; having so many things to do just overwhelms me and stunts my will to continue playing - I haven’t touched the game for days now. Those wheelspins take away the joy of earning a new car, or the feeling of any substantial progression in general. Personally, I’d much prefer if the game just opened up a couple of races (of a chosen style) at a time, and they naturally became progressively more challenging. I feel it is more of a toy box, than an actual game at times. If that’s what floats your boat, then I can understand why you’d think it was the best racing game ever, and super addictive.

wish they would get online fixed, games been out a while now and people still disappear or lag like hell in races, i rarely even see any ai cars either
I realised last night that I haven’t seen another car on the road (except in actual races) in days. AI or other player. Not sure what’s going on. Horizon Life or whatever it’s called is greyed out too.

Somehow the game is still incredible though. So much to do.

Last edited:

It is a gatcha dopamine dispenser absolutely. Even just ripping across a field and smashing through trees without smashing a big one is a rush.

I don't feel duped though, it's a well made dopamine dispenser.

Online is not great right now though.

Edit: Anyone trying to knock out accolades, there are a LOT that currently will not trip at all. I just did Drift It, Flick it, Spin it in the 1500 and racked up 350K but it just won't trip.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member

Great video by Noah Caldwell-Gervais for those interested

Just saw this last night.

Great to see some love for this guy. Been subscribed to him for years and years. Currently watching his thorough look at Metal Gear.

He can be a bit verbose sometimes but on a scale of one to Tim Rogers it's not so bad!

Aldynes

Just saw this last night.

Great to see some love for this guy. Been subscribed to him for years and years. Currently watching his thorough look at Metal Gear.

He can be a bit verbose sometimes but on a scale of one to Tim Rogers it's not so bad!
I loved his RE retrospective recently, been a long time fan too ;)

Have been going back and forth between Horizon 4 & 5 the last few days and I have to say that I liked 4s opening better, changing cars and seasons during the race was really cool. Also, 5 definitely looks better, even on lower settings. I have 4 at ultra everything and 5 looks better in high. Other then that, having never played either game before, I would have believed they were the same game in different locations, with a slight presentation difference. That said, I don’t think this is a bad thing. It’s great and I love it. I’m moving through 4 quite fast lol.

one thing I would like to see in FH6 would be switching between vehicles on the fly, similar to the Crew 2. But not with planes and boats and shit. Same car types the series already uses, but being able to hit a button and switch between your road car and an off road car would be really nice and cut down on having to enter the menu. I personally would like 3 “slots” to fill so I could also throw a drift car in the mix and have all my bases covered (road, off-road, drift) at the touch of a button. It wouldn’t really even need much of an in game explanation, the characters can just ignore that you are swapping cars like magic. It’s an area where making the game more fun is more important then realism. I mean, the cars can already be delievered to us anywhere on the map nearly instantly. The next step is being able to instantly switch.
Also plz be in Japan.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Finally did it!

All four race categories beaten, thank Jesus.

20211201225321-1.jpg

Racing against these unbeatable guys forces you to pretty much drive a perfect line and execute flawless corners. But even that's not enough. The AI will still win even if you're perfect. The best tip I can give anyone who's going for these accolades is to drive like the dirtiest son of a bitch to ever grace a driver's seat.

This goes double for the Road and Street races. These two categories were by far the hardest. Unbeatable starts you in 12th place and all the races are very short. The true fight is to get within striking distance of the leader which requires perfect corners, no clipping side rails or trading paint, etc. If/when you finally do get close you need to tackle that motherfucker. E-brake sideswipe on a corner is preferred as you can retain a bit of speed/alignment but a good old fashioned t-bone into a corner can work too if the third place driver isn't close. I won 100% of the races where I managed to actually make it within spitting distance of the leader and the AI has no balls so you can just drive defensively for the remainder of the race and win.

I won the Street and Road Races in a S1 Nissan GT-R tuned for road performance. A-class seems like the AI always has 200HP more than you and S2/X-class is nearly impossible on unbeatable without many minutes of rewinding or intimate knowledge of the track. That said I had decent success with an X-class Sesto FE tuned for roads early on.

Dirt and Cross Country races I had an easier time with. If you can practice line-breaking and/or drifting and crossing the checkpoint flag with your momentum already pushing you in the direction of the next checkpoint you can absolutely whoop the AI as they don't seem to know how to rally race properly. This is basically the opposite style of road racing because you absolutely need to break the back end out to win on dirt but on tarmac you lose tons of speed every time your wheels slip.

I won the Cross Country and Dirt Races in an S1 Hoonigan RS200 tuned for rally racing and that car made these races as trivial as you can get on Unbeatable. You will be outmatched in a rally tune on the paved sections of cross country but your ability to slip those corners on the dirt seemed to more than make up for it.

A general tip for Unbeatable is if you're getting stomped repeatedly without even getting close to the leader, don't be afraid to quit the race and restart it to generate new Drivatars. Some match-ups are just extremely unforgiving and may even be impossible. Do this if you notice the same car always taking a massive lead.

Also, it seems all Drivatar's speeds are matched to your own regardless of what car they're driving. This means overtaking on straights is hardly ever going to work further into the race so make those high-speed corners count and over take there. They have no balls and will never try to cut the corner with no braking which you can do by rolling off the accelerator and thereby momentarily reuniting all four of your tires with the road for a brief moment. The timing takes a little practice but isn't so bad.

I think if you follow some of these tips pretty much anyone who can win consistently on Highly-Skilled or higher shouldn't have much of an issues getting those Unbeatable accolades. Going for them definitely improves your basic driving but I'll never race on Unbeatable again. Driving like an asshole isn't fun for me and shouldn't be the only way to win at these difficulties. I think somewhere between Highly-Skilled/Expert/Pro is the sweet spot for FUN, depending on the race and I'm playing this to have fun after all.

Hope someone can benefit a little from all my trial and error.

Now back to actually playing the game :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kagey K

Banned
Placed top 5 in the eliminator multiple times tonight and hit a tree and lost 1st 250m before the finish for the win one time.

This thing will be the death of me.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Placed top 5 in the eliminator multiple times tonight and hit a tree and lost 1st 250m before the finish for the win one time.

Did the same thing last night but it was a tractor!

I wrote this mode off for ages assuming it would be garbage but it works surprisingly well. Good fun.

Kagey K

Banned
Did the same thing last night but it was a tractor!

I wrote this mode off for ages assuming it would be garbage but it works surprisingly well. Good fun.
I keep going back, and having fun, but it can be pure frustration sometimes. Usually caused by myself. 😅

I took the Beetle all the way to fifth and did the same thing. I was on a beeline to the finish, crested a hill and the Beetle swapped ends (as they tend to do). That little shitpile takes ages to get back up to speed.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Productive session last night. Finished the 40 victories against unbeatable, won all the Street and Cross Country races, mopped up my last speed zone, danger sign and speed trap and finally hit road number 578. Now just have the Trailblazers left (ughhhh).

Final Speed Trap was a unique challenge - the one in the river that tanks your speed right before it registers. I saved this one for dry season thinking the river might be lower but sadly that's not the case.

When all else fails there's the Jeep Trailcat.

GloveSlap

I love the game, buts the glitches are getting annoying. I have to struggle every week to get my challenges to trigger. I also love how my A800 forza edition Mercedes racing truck doesn't qualify for the seasonal road race, but they want to force me to buy an A800 Mercedes racing truck from the shop that does qualify.

cormack12

Gold Member
I have all the season rewards and am on like 218 of 247 points I think. Is there any point completing the points, or is it just FP from the remaining events now? Like there's no bonus for 247/247 right?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I have all the season rewards and am on like 218 of 247 points I think. Is there any point completing the points, or is it just FP from the remaining events now? Like there's no bonus for 247/247 right?
No bonus sadly. Curious if it'll give you a boost moving into the next series though. Will have to wait until the eighth I guess.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I found some irritating bug in the photomode, the car gets blurred in the puddle reflections when you are in motion even if your car is pin sharp in focus. That doesn't make sense and wasn't there on previous Forza's. Here let me show what i mean
5P5lVid.jpg

ZdDNzpO.jpg

I found some irritating bug in the photomode, the car gets blurred in the puddle reflections when you are in motion even if your car is pin sharp in focus. That doesn't make sense and wasn't there on previous Forza's. Here let me show what i mean
5P5lVid.jpg

ZdDNzpO.jpg

Yeah I found that same issue, makes pictures with any SSR water reflections in them come out weird depending on what you're trying to do.

Submit a bug ticket. They have a massive list of things they are picking through and the things that get the most attention obviously will get looked at first, but Forza Horizon 4 was still getting small things like this and even smaller issues looked at even two years after launch.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Yeah I found that same issue, makes pictures with any SSR water reflections in them come out weird depending on what you're trying to do.

Submit a bug ticket. They have a massive list of things they are picking through and the things that get the most attention obviously will get looked at first, but Forza Horizon 4 was still getting small things like this and even smaller issues looked at even two years after launch.
Yeah it makes me avoid taking rain pictures in motion tbh. Already reported it and hopefully we see a fix soon!

Top Bottom