• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Played 3?
No, I have not.
I only played FH2 way back in the day. Haven’t played the series since, just got 5 when it came out because of game pass, and now I have 4 installed too. So happy that I can play these games on PC, without that, I likely would never be able to play them.

Bragr

Banned
No, I have not.
I only played FH2 way back in the day. Haven’t played the series since, just got 5 when it came out because of game pass, and now I have 4 installed too. So happy that I can play these games on PC, without that, I likely would never be able to play them.
Forza Horizon 1 and 2 are a bit different because they don't feature the full open-world of the later entries, but Forza Horizon 3 is the game that made the blueprint that you see in 4 and 5, it's extremely similar.

I honestly think the map and soundtrack in Forza Horizon 3 are still the best, it's set in Australia which suits the playstyle of Forza Horizon perfectly. Even though they got a lot of things right in 5, if I had to recommend a Horizon game to someone, I might still say 3 is the way to go.

Unless perhaps, if you can crank Horizon 5 up to max on PC or if you play it on a Series X, since it's such a beautiful game and all.

JayK47

Cool. They gifted me 1000 forza bucks. But now I do not see anything worth buying. The 70 Corvette is illusive and is auctioning for over 1 million. Damn. Starting to think I will wrap the game up before I can grab it. Weird that they are locking certain cars behind forzathon while I can easily buy others. They had to lock out one of my favorite cars.

They literally threw every Forza feature in this game. There is too many systems in place. Seasonal races, story content, multiple hubs, etc. I just figured out I had won cars and other items in accolades. Like they combined all previous titles into one. They did not say no to anything on this game.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I know there's a war between Forza, and GT I just thought the game was handled very well, it's straight to the point and figures out how to get casuals into it.

Orbital2060

Cool. They gifted me 1000 forza bucks. But now I do not see anything worth buying. The 70 Corvette is illusive and is auctioning for over 1 million. Damn. Starting to think I will wrap the game up before I can grab it. Weird that they are locking certain cars behind forzathon while I can easily buy others. They had to lock out one of my favorite cars.

They literally threw every Forza feature in this game. There is too many systems in place. Seasonal races, story content, multiple hubs, etc. I just figured out I had won cars and other items in accolades. Like they combined all previous titles into one. They did not say no to anything on this game.
Can you gift cars to other players? I will send you my ZR1 if I can, but Im not sure its possible? I did a quick search and only found the donation thiing but not how to gift directly to a player.

Huge 15GB u
Can you gift cars to other players? I will send you my ZR1 if I can, but Im not sure its possible? I did a quick search and only found the donation thiing but not how to gift directly to a player.

No gifting directly to players. Unfortunately it would be abused by people creating new accounts and gifting themselves piles of cars.

RAIDEN1

Yet to experience the joy of it on my newly arrived Series X! The cross-over from transferring data from the Xbox-One to the Series X is taking an age! Thinking if I started the game up that will interrupt installations? At the moment I have both the old and new console currently on..

Kagey K

Banned
Yet to experience the joy of it on my newly arrived Series X! The cross-over from transferring data from the Xbox-One to the Series X is taking an age! Thinking if I started the game up that will interrupt installations? At the moment I have both the old and new console currently on..
It will greatly slow down and maybe even pause the installations but it won't cancel them.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Has anyone had an issue after buying a house where the game locks up? It’s like the joypad has disconnected and you have to quit the game and start again?

Forza Horizon 1 and 2 are a bit different because they don't feature the full open-world of the later entries, but Forza Horizon 3 is the game that made the blueprint that you see in 4 and 5, it's extremely similar.

I honestly think the map and soundtrack in Forza Horizon 3 are still the best, it's set in Australia which suits the playstyle of Forza Horizon perfectly. Even though they got a lot of things right in 5, if I had to recommend a Horizon game to someone, I might still say 3 is the way to go.

Unless perhaps, if you can crank Horizon 5 up to max on PC or if you play it on a Series X, since it's such a beautiful game and all.

I’d be down to play 3, why not lol, I don’t think I’ve seen it in game pass though. Is 3 on PC?

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I’d be down to play 3, why not lol, I don’t think I’ve seen it in game pass though. Is 3 on PC?
I actually think they killed it last year, like removed it completely from their store, I assume it's because of car licenses, but as far as I know, it's a physical-only game at this point unless you bought it digitally back in the day. It's fucking nuts but I think that's the case.

Fox Mulder

Has anyone had an issue after buying a house where the game locks up? It’s like the joypad has disconnected and you have to quit the game and start again?

yeah, happened trying to apply a livery or even leave a house. this game has had numerous issues with servers and bugs. They just gave 1000 forzathon points for a sorry.

Catphish

I’m struggling to wrap my head around tuning. Would anyone be willing to post the numbers for either a road or dirt tune? Preferably A800. I want to compare the numbers against my base and try to learn that way.

Ive read and watched a bunch of stuff, and I get the concepts, but I’d like to see some actual numerical values.

I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I must have gotten on the naughty list for MP when accidentally triggering the Arena game and nopeing right out. After something like a solid hour of matches, I finally got a team that would not ram into me on every corner. I actually started to enjoy the MP.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I must have gotten on the naughty list for MP when accidentally triggering the Arena game and nopeing right out. After something like a solid hour of matches, I finally got a team that would not ram into me on every corner. I actually started to enjoy the MP.

Oh shit I've done this a bunch. I hope I'm not on a list or something.

Gotta admit it's an annoying design choice to make me auto-join MP just because the stupid Arcade blimp suddenly posted up over the Drift Zone I'd been trying to complete for the past 20 minutes.

Fox Mulder

This game has had issues and they must have just completely turned off AI traffic. There’s absolutely nothing on the road now.

I’ve also had two console restarts tonight.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
This game has had issues and they must have just completely tuned off AI traffic. There’s absolutely nothing on the road now.

I’ve also had two console restarts tonight.
When you play offline then the world is full of ai cars (sometimes too much no joke).

This happened to my son yesterday with a livery he made. Waited like an hour and finally said fuck it.
It’s a known bug. You have to close the game and reopen but at least for me it happens every single time I modify a car (something I do a lot) and honestly has sucked any enjoyment out of playing right now.

Oh, I’m starting to find rival times from gaf that actually made me shut off TCS and perform a base tune. Excellent. I race A, S1, and S2, but my main focus is S1 in my McLaren F1 😎

also, why isn’t the club gaf name captialzied?!

Kagey K

Banned
Oh, I’m starting to find rival times from gaf that actually made me shut off TCS and perform a base tune. Excellent. I race A, S1, and S2, but my main focus is S1 in my McLaren F1 😎

also, why isn’t the club gaf name captialzied?!
There was already a GAF club with full caps and they wouldn't let me duplicate it.

Neogaf Gaming Club, but it's run by a member who isn't here anymore.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Also is this happening for others? Save at your house, load the games back up it’s back at Horizon festival with the first (alphabet wise) car you own as your vehicle?

Spent a while today in the paint shop and knocked out the Panda 86 from Initial-D and a couple more Transformers cars.

The 86 was more work than I anticipated. To use the in-game carbon hood, the headlights stay white. The make the headlights carbon fiber you have to make the whole car carbon fiber. The problem is when you do that the white paint then looks semi-gloss and there's no way Bunta is letting the 86's paint get faded. I ended up making my own carbon fiber pattern for the hood and headlights that actually looks better than the in-game pattern and lets me keep the white paint glossy. The higher in-game resolution for the paint work definitely came in clutch on this one.
kQIF1RK.jpg

Prowl from the G1 Transformers run. Not the right car, Prowl was an S130, but until one shows up this aero nosed S30 will do.
J8yVZ8u.jpg

Sunstreaker from the G1 run. This one was a bit more fun as the toy had a giant chrome piece sticking out where the engine sits with a massive sticker on it and the goofy Countach logo I got to recreate.
0LVkFXc.jpg

Tracks and Hound from earlier in the thread
SDWEyRs.jpg

0Cim9ul.jpg

Also is this happening for others? Save at your house, load the games back up it’s back at Horizon festival with the first (alphabet wise) car you own as your vehicle?
This was happening to me all last week before the update. I’d start the game and no matter what car I had last used, it always started me in the starter Supra . After the update it stopped happening.

Nitty_Grimes

The last patch broke the game for me. Probably start it over 5 times each session now because it gets stuck on some loading or saving screen. Seems to happen when I upgrade or buy cars.
Photograph a car then my locks up quitting out from photo mode back into the game.

Has anyone else noticed time progresses in photomode now? I was lining up a sunrise shot in the canyons because the area was foggy and became this glorious orange color and in the time it took to get the shot set up the sun had cleared the ridge and the orange haze was gone. Why would they change that? :messenger_confused:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Has anyone else noticed time progresses in photomode now? I was lining up a sunrise shot in the canyons because the area was foggy and became this glorious orange color and in the time it took to get the shot set up the sun had cleared the ridge and the orange haze was gone. Why would they change that? :messenger_confused:
Was just gonna comment on this, i had the same problem last night. Was gonna grab a nice shot of the volumetric lighting coming thru the bridge shinning at my Lambo than pressed up on the Dpad and 5sec later it was gone. Hope they fix this soon!

RAIDEN1

The barn finds can be a bit of a pain.....I had to search how do you get the Drone again like you could in Horizon 3, makes life a bit more easier in finding where the vehicle actually is, otherwise it was literally guesswork riding around in the bronco thinking yeah its probably right in the centre of the purple circle, where the icon is.....and then when I did have the drone, I had to look up where exactly do I need to go, turns out you needed to follow the dirt-tracks that lead up to the barn. On a separate note, of all the games I have transferred onto the Series X from the base Xbox-One, Motorsport 7 took THE longest...I left the console on overnight and all the other games installed fine....Motorsport 7 however didn't complete its installation until about 3:45 pm! It was the only one left to install....ironically Horizon 3 and 5 didn't take as long..

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The barn finds can be a bit of a pain.....I had to search how do you get the Drone again like you could in Horizon 3, makes life a bit more easier in finding where the vehicle actually is, otherwise it was literally guesswork riding around in the bronco thinking yeah its probably right in the centre of the purple circle, where the icon is.....and then when I did have the drone, I had to look up where exactly do I need to go, turns out you needed to follow the dirt-tracks that lead up to the barn. On a separate note, of all the games I have transferred onto the Series X from the base Xbox-One, Motorsport 7 took THE longest...I left the console on overnight and all the other games installed fine....Motorsport 7 however didn't complete its installation until about 3:45 pm! It was the only one left to install....ironically Horizon 3 and 5 didn't take as long..

If you're playing with online enabled look for a stationary online player in the zone on your minimap. 9/10 that's where it is.

TrebleShot

Quick question?
Been getting back into this lately but it’s a bit of a mess and I’m wondering if my Xbox is on the Fritz.

I’m experiencing very long load times post race and a lot of hanging up on the menus , I’ve had to restart the game twice in 30 mins.

Is it best to play offline?
I tried exiting a “buy car for this race” screen and the whole thing locked up.

hope it isn’t my Xbox just befor Halo lol!

jorkila

Quick question?
Been getting back into this lately but it’s a bit of a mess and I’m wondering if my Xbox is on the Fritz.

I’m experiencing very long load times post race and a lot of hanging up on the menus , I’ve had to restart the game twice in 30 mins.

I'm getting the same on my Series X since the latest update.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Quick question?

Last update f**ed up the game completly for a lot of gamers, especially XSX users...
Long loading time, Game lock and locks during saving (after buying painting or tuning/upgrading) freezes, still broken convoys etc.

Only hope: A Update which fixes everything..
but ATM Playground Games have a good run with bad updates

Fredrik

Quick question?

It’s the same for me, I think it’s the latest patch, I’ve seen other people talk about it too.

Nothing special but after playing too much FH5 this is what I foolishly expected from the Deep Forest gameplay video of GT7

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It’s the same for me, I think it’s the latest patch, I’ve seen other people talk about it too.

Nothing special but after playing too much FH5 this is what I foolishly expected from the Deep Forest gameplay video of GT7

The forest area in this game is gorgeous

The latest patch mostly fixed The Eliminator, which was broken as all heck with half the cars invisible and the other half you couldn't challenge. I'd rather have this patch with the Series X memory leak. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom