• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

Boxart:
iXp2D.jpg

Them be leaking!
New threads for new news, saw this in the Spring Showcase thread.

Trailer seems completely live action, cross-country US scenes, night time city.
Arcadier feel?

Developed By: Playground Games
Previously rumored to be working on 'Forza World'.

Eurogamer E3 2011 said:
Meanwhile, Eurogamer has heard an open world driving game called Forza World is in development at UK developer Playground Games, helmed by ex-Codemasters racing studio executive producer Gavin Raeburn.
Raeburn's LinkedIn profile reveals he's "working on an unannounced AAA title for a major publisher". During his time at Codemasters he helped reboot the Dirt and Grid series.

"Tone" Trailer :
Metacafe
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8178621/forza_horizon_tone_trailer_xbox_spring_showcase_2012/
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nava72HTq0

PlayGround Games? Never heard of them. That isn't the studio which developed Kinect Joyride? Or am I wrong? Are they a 1Party Studio?

UberTag

Somehow this will take all of the terrible ideas from Test Drive Unlimited 2 and make them wonderful.
(Or perhaps they will simply remain terrible ideas.)

eso76

trailer put together by assembling istockfootage clips. yay.

guessing: multiplayer open world sandbox environment for fm4 cars. hope you will be able to import those in your garage (including paintjobs) in Horizon. Also hope physics stay the same.

maybe downloadable, to use with fm4 disc ?

also, will be 30fps

btw, were those porsche's or ruf's in the trailer ?

So now their Fall Games are Halo 4 and Forza Horizon.

Not bad. Not great either. Fable looks like it'll be getting a Fall release too.

Thanks, "Oops I Crapped My Pants." And I just did.

Oh, and Playground Games has a bunch of guys who worked at Bizarre. The studio has a lot of talent with proven racing chops.

Miles X

So now their Fall Games are Halo 4 and Forza Horizon.

Not bad. Not great either. Fable looks like it'll be getting a Fall release too.

Well, at least Forza and Halo will be fresh takes on the franchises (hopefully) Fable: The Journey isn't going to be a big blockbuster type so they need just one more game IMO to have a solid line up.

Well, at least Forza and Halo will be fresh takes on the franchises (hopefully) Fable: The Journey isn't going to be a big blockbuster type so they need just one more game IMO to have a solid line up.

We now know three of the four games that german magazine was talking about. Now we wait to find out the fourth. Also MS has some new IP this year they are releasing so it will be interesting to see what that is.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The name at the end in such a boring font almost made me think it was a fake.

This makes me happy and sad at the same time. Sad because... Well, with Forza Motorsport and Horizon, and PGR probably due for a comeback, that probably means no Rallisport revival in the near future.

Aye. This'll likely be the 360's last big Xmas too. Good to go out with a bang.

Conor 419

Banned
With Steel: Battallion and maybe Ryse, as well as their absolutely killer XBLA collection, it's not such a bad lineup. Let's hope that the fourth exclusive that we haven't seen is something truly special.

I recognize the song being played because of Lumines.

This will be a purchase for me. I need a new car-sim game. Haven't played one since GT3 on my ps2. Maybe I'll pick up this and GT5 at the same time.

derFeef

I recognize the song being played because of Lumines.

This will be a purchase for me. I need a new car-sim game. Haven't played one since GT3 on my ps2. Maybe I'll pick up this and GT5 at the same time.

My guess is this isn't a sim like Forza 4. And you should consider buying Forza 4 :)

saladine1

Would love to know what exactly this game is going to be.
If the 'trailer' has any kind of basis, then I see rally/dirt racing, drifting, neon lights, night, highways....could be interesting..

I know for a fact the Mk1 Mini is in the game as one of the devs at Playground Games recently made some queries at various Mini forums requesting original,untouched Mk1 Minis to be included in the game..

All i'm saying is it's gonna be big

All I can say is yes - you'll have your classic Mini in stunning quality and some great handling

Top Bottom