• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

G Rom

Yeah this website smells fake. Cheap design, no Playground Games logo, weird domain registration information (Microsoft is clearly shown in FM.net registration)...

saladine1

So this is one of the "two big pieces of news" regarding Forza. I wonder what the other announcement will be...

Yeah this website smells fake. Cheap design, no Playground Games logo, weird domain registration information (Microsoft is clearly shown in FM.net registration)...

That link was provided by Turn 10 themselves....

I'm talking out my ass here, but what if this is just a Forza equivalent of Halo Waypoint? The website shows the logos for all the Forzas, plus community symbols.

Djrds

Neo Member
I'm talking out my ass here, but what if this is just a Forza equivalent of Halo Waypoint? The website shows the logos for all the Forzas, plus community symbols.

Nope, it's not official. Think of it as a community related site made by the community.

Sheikh

Banned
Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice

G Rom

That link was provided by Turn 10 themselves....

Wait, I just checked, I assume you're talking about the moderator post over at FM.net. I'm pretty sure the moderators aren't necessarily from Turn 10 over there.

Either way, the teaser design still look very cheap, like a decade old cheap, compared to the current official FM website... :-/

Edit :
Hopefully this one will sell atleast a million . I think this is the way to go for this forza franchise . rather than being a GT killer, which will never happen , be something totally unique and different so that people can take notice

All Forza games have sold multi millions copies...
Forza 4 is almost at 2M on the leaderboards so between 2.5M and 3M sold would be a good estimate IMO.
It's clearly not on the same level of sales compared to the beast that GT is though.

S1kkZ

in terms of quality, forza already is a gt killer (in my opinion). in terms of sales, well its getting better. i think f4 sold 2 million units(?).

amar212

..in terms of sales, well its getting better. i think f4 sold 2 million units(?).

Unfortunately sales are not getting better, quite the opposite.. despite FM4 being the best game in the series IMO. But lets not turn this into sales thread, numbers will certainly turn the discussion into wrong direction.

Can't wait to learn more about Horizon. I've just spend an hour browsing through garages in the first TDU for nostalgia reasons and damn would like to see something like that ASAP.

Djrds

Neo Member
GT killer? Eh? Last time I checked they both were exclusives. And I think Forza has its own uniqueness to be more than a GT wannabe.

LQX

If this is arcadey I might bite. I just want something new. I invested so much into time into Forza 3 but after 4 I got so disinterested as it felt like a update more than anything. Just could not get myself to invest the same amount of time.

JWong

Banned
Hope that this is going toward a new direction because this teaser shows they still don't get simulation car racing.

eso76

Unfortunately sales are not getting better, quite the opposite.. .

close to 3M for fm4 is great, but i remember reading somewhere that FM3 sold nearly 5M copies...
unfair, since fm4 is much better in (almost...Long positano...) every way.

I hope they don't go NFS, using Forza name for every title involving cars or racing and i hope Horizon really is more like a FM4 expansion, offering a different playground and mechanics for the same cars, physics and core features as the main game.

Djrds

Neo Member
Honestly, I don't think it'll have such a "strong" simulation component as other Forzas had. Probably it'll be an in-between like PGR.
As for the engine, I don't think Playground's developing in the existing one developed by Turn 10.
And this, assuming this "Forza Horizon" thing is legit, that is.

S1kkZ

close to 3M for fm4 is great, but i remember reading somewhere that FM3 sold nearly 5M copies...
unfair, since fm4 is much better in (almost...Long positano...) every way.

I hope they don't go NFS, using Forza name for every title involving cars or racing and i hope Horizon really is more like a FM4 expansion, offering a different playground and mechanics for the same cars, physics and core features as the main game.

well, f3 is out for over 2 years now and was in many 360 bundles.

Yes, but FM4 is still yet to be bundled and possibly re-released the way FM3 was. The series is certainly not GT in terms of sales (not that it doesn't deserve to be), but it seems to be doing just fine.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, turn 10's 2 bits of news were forzaworld.net, which seems to be a bit like halo's waypoint (?), and forza horizon, potentially an open world racer. cool. hope we hear more on both soon. monday for horizon would be nice, even if its just a press release and an interview or two. not sure i expect in game media just yet

PC release.

YchUF.png

so, turn 10's 2 bits of news were forzaworld.net, which seems to be a bit like halo's waypoint (?), and forza horizon, potentially an open world racer.

forzamotorsportworld.net is apparently a fan-made community, not an official Microsoft/Turn 10 website. Did you not read the last page?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
forzamotorsportworld.net is apparently a fan-made community, not an official Microsoft/Turn 10 website. Did you not read the last page?

i missed, or misread, one post. the fact that its unofficial doesnt necessarily mean its not one of the 2 bits of news that turn 10 has said to hear about soon though...

Likely not considering the rest of the video is IRL.

If anything, CG.

You are probably right, I was just thinking back to the debut trailer for F4 (Le Mans at night and so on) which threw in a little of the Ford GT.

The density of the bushes looks too high but the frame rate, colour, mountain and sky do look like a game.

Djrds

Neo Member
Woooord. All these teases of teases and embargos of embargos...just tell us already! :D
I don't have much more to tell, really. I'm not involved in the project in any way whatsoever. I just happen to know some info about it.
Anyway, as I told already, that site has nothing to do with "Horizon" neither it is officially bound to either Turn 10 or Microsoft. Just because it was posted by a Turn 10 mod it doesn't mean anything.

Spitz

The Video shows Porsche Cars it must be Fake. I hope that Playground is making a Game für MS but i hope it is a new PGR.

The Video shows Porsche Cars it must be Fake. I hope that Playground is making a Game für MS but i hope it is a new PGR.

I wouldn't take what you see in the trailer at face value, it's just stock footage. Since it's called a "tone" trailer, I assume that's what they are trying to convey.

S1kkZ

ok so that website has nothing to do with horizon.

What i'd like to know is who leaked the trailer?

i bet all the gaming websites that were at the event already have all the trailers, gameplay videos and so on. they are just waiting for the embargo to drop.

Top Bottom