• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

zorbsie

OK found out the only car pack you need to get all the club 1000 challenges is the November pack. Looks like I'll be waiting for that to go on sale.

I'm with you Mascot, feels like they are constantly asking for money. They added in the fast travel anywhere feature and locked it behind a 5 token purchase. I forget, was this a free to play game? I could have sworn I payed $60 for this. If there was a way to purchase this with ingame money I wouldn't be bothered as much, but this just feels dirty.

Klocker

love how you can now simply open the 1000 club menu form anywhere on map and change cars from garage or buy a car to use. :)

also I dropped the $5 on the fast travel and it is well worth it. :)

yeah changing car via 1000 club menu is cool, I still need to play it more but in the 2 hours I messed around with I have something like 15 challenges done while casually playing, I really like it.

It's making me use more cars then my cherry picked selection also which is good.

Also no matter what I just can't get smartglass to work, my 360 notifies me to say I am connecting and the iOS app loads fine, but the actual map graphics will not appear on my iPad and it's really annoying me, nothing I do can fix it.

yeah changing car via 1000 club menu is cool, I still need to play it more but in the 2 hours I messed around with I have something like 15 challenges done while casually playing, I really like it.

It's making me use more cars then my cherry picked selection also which is good.

Also no matter what I just can't get smartglass to work, my 360 notifies me to say I am connecting and the iOS app loads fine, but the actual map graphics will not appear on my iPad and it's really annoying me, nothing I do can fix it.
I had 2 win8 phones, 8x htc an lumnia and smartglass doesnt work. I think it has to do in which region is your xbox registered.

netBuff

I had 2 win8 phones, 8x htc an lumnia and smartglass doesnt work. I think it has to do in which region is your xbox registered.

It sure seems very picky (and it doesn't seem like a regional issue): The Forza Horizon smartglass map shows up neither on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) nor tablet (Samsung Nexus 10) even though I can connect to smartglass without issue from those devices - while, at the same time, activating without problem on my Windows 8 laptop.

JsksOiJ.jpg

hPnhCAR.png

My ipad shows that I am playing forza and says to drive around to activate the map, but it always fails and then my ipad will auto turn off after 10 minutes because of no activity.

I tried looking everywhere on my xbox to allow access, and I am sure that I did in the past, I know it doesn't work with the rally dlc but right now I am playing the main mode.

*shrug* smartglass is just another one of those "we can do this too" things, since no other game has used it since.

netBuff

My ipad shows that I am playing forza and says to drive around to activate the map, but it always fails and then my ipad will auto turn off after 10 minutes because of no activity.

I tried looking everywhere on my xbox to allow access, and I am sure that I did in the past, I know it doesn't work with the rally dlc but right now I am playing the main mode.

*shrug* smartglass is just another one of those "we can do this too" things, since no other game has used it since.

Yeah, it's been a pretty worthless feature all around (Halo 4, the other important SmartGlass assisted game, just displays a version of the website https://app.halowaypoint.com/ via the app).

The implementation in Forza Horizon is particularly useless, at it's much faster to use the controller for setting map waypoints. It's also not all that helpful for map orientation, as the player's location is marked in a way that is hard to see (small, grey triangle).

Klocker

That's true there is a setting in Xbox to activate smartglass. Check that

Pretty sure it's easy to find in settings. .ay even be preferences on main blade

Will check when I get home

RawNuts

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge supports Smartglass; it allows you to upload replays and watch replays from other people, as well as showing you stats and progress toward achievements which is actually a bit useful since they're stats that you can't find in the game otherwise.

Other than that, Smartglass is worthless. I don't blame developers though for not bothering with some proprietary gimmick that probably isn't very well supported by Microsoft anyway. When they first introduced the feature, I really believed it had a lot of potential and that they were going to do a lot with it.

I'm more addicted to horizon then I was at launch just because of the 1000 club stuff, i've used more cars then I touched in forza 4 just because they have mini challenges. I also have a good half of the main game to finish also.

Some new non yellow areas would be nice as dlc, give us a green forest down the south or something!

Klocker

I'm more addicted to horizon then I was at launch just because of the 1000 club stuff, i've used more cars then I touched in forza 4 just because they have mini challenges. I also have a good half of the main game to finish also.

Some new non yellow areas would be nice as dlc, give us a green forest down the south or something!

agreed, adding in the fast travel and quieting Alice has also helped me enjoy this 10 fold

kafiend

agreed, adding in the fast travel and quieting Alice has also helped me enjoy this 10 fold

Having to listen to that annoying and exceptionally needy woman made me stop playing Horizon a few days after launch. Looking forward to getting back into it now :)

I love how the radio announcers change what they say as you rank up the charts, makes it feel more like a live radio station then what you get in gta games and such.

If forza horizon 2 ends up being made and for next gen consoles there is so much they can do with the world, hopefully they can make it all online enabled in some way.

Free DLC was enough excuse for me to pop the game back in over the weekend, and yup, I still love the hell out of it, especially after coming from Forza 4.

I keep bouncing between the two games because they both have their own strengths. Eventually the free roam will tire for me a bit and I'll want to go back to more disciplined track-based racing.. until that gets a little old and I just want to drive without limits... and on and on.

This is not a complaint :)

And DD, those pics are incredible.

Klocker

by the way if you get the Turbo drop out in sound, and you have the fast travel option just fast travel anywhere (even 100 yds) and it comes back correctly

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you were making a reference to this:
T2tXleJ.jpg

XQgiJYK.gif

Sh16Fg8.gif

I really, really, really hope you are. I loved that game as a kid!

Sorry to disappoint...my choice of cars were pure coincidence...but at the same time, I did that back in FM4, with the proper Porsche 959, but I can't find the pics.

But don't worry, I fully aknowledge the greatness of Test Drive, from the very first ones to Unlimited. Unlimited 2 wasn't that good, so I prefer to remember TDU.

hayguyz

Banned
i just found out about and started playing 1000 club. Is the fast travel anywhere option only available for purchase with real money? Can I unlock it some other way? or get tokens without buying them?

If so, is this what gaming has come to? IAP for full retail titles?

Fox Mulder

i just found out about and started playing 1000 club. Is the fast travel anywhere option only available for purchase with real money? Can I unlock it some other way? or get tokens without buying them?

If so, is this what gaming has come to? IAP for full retail titles?

Yep, what a shame.

Shaneus

Shit, I'm going to have to buy some DLC for this, aren't I?

What are people's personal picks for car packs? Any easily accessible lists anywhere?

And what cars do I need to keep an eye out for for the new cheevos?

Shaneus

For those who were wondering, it looks like you only need to get the November car pack to get the extra achievements for the game. I'm going shopping!

Still waiting for a discount on the rally DLC though :/

I keep forgetting there is damage, I have it turned off because you can easily skuff and it can be 5+ minutes before you get a loading screen. I love damage in forza but for an open world I kind of prefer to turn it off.

For those who were wondering, it looks like you only need to get the November car pack to get the extra achievements for the game. I'm going shopping!

Still waiting for a discount on the rally DLC though :/

don't pay more then 800 for it, the dlc is nice and good but really not worth 1600 asking price, 1200 is kind of pushing it too.

You can race in all rally locations in about 2 hours, some golds are hard to reach but after that, you are done.

Doodis

Finally got around to winning the Horizon Festival race this morning, but I didn't beat Darius in the one-on-one. What cars have some of you used to beat him?

Also, I caved and bought the fast travel. But it was highly convenient through the last part of the game. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

Klocker

Finally got around to winning the Horizon Festival race this morning, but I didn't beat Darius in the one-on-one. What cars have some of you used to beat him?

Also, I caved and bought the fast travel. But it was highly convenient through the last part of the game. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

agreed... no EXCUSE to not have made fast travel part of the free update but I also was swindled into buying it

Shaneus

don't pay more then 800 for it, the dlc is nice and good but really not worth 1600 asking price, 1200 is kind of pushing it too.

You can race in all rally locations in about 2 hours, some golds are hard to reach but after that, you are done.
That's pretty much my limit... *maybe* 1200 like you said, but I'm hoping for more.

Or, you know, anything.

BTW I found I had the November car pack already (I think someone here had a spare code or something?) so to whoever it was, thank you! It might've been Jube... was a long time ago :/

Shaneus

Ugh, this is a relief. Finally bothered getting the settings right (exposure, brightness, contrast) and now think I have a good base to work from for the rest of my photos:
Also, I only just found that area. So good for photo mode, shame everyone else thinks so too :(

My Rally DLC had deleted itself for some reason, I hadn't played it for months, I know the small patches do this but its fucking annoying having to wait for 1gb+ to download before playing.

Shaneus

So this is weird. Twice tonight (in the past few hours) FH has just been stuck on a loading screen. Once at the garage thing, about to go through the walkaround with a restored car, and just now after trying to take a photo. Screen didn't lock up, just the rotating "loading" logo kept spinning (and in the case of the former, kept flashing up my stats, as it does). Signed out and back in again, went to the title screen and went back in.

Top Bottom