• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

p3tran

Banned
I hadn't played this game in a while but I am getting back into it recently and remembering why I enjoyed it so much.

That being said, they really REALLY need to have a serious discussion about what makes a road "fun" to drive on before they create another Horizon. I love the concept, I love the cars and I love the atmosphere...but these are some of the most BORING roads I have ever driven on. The fact that there is not a variation on Pikes Peak is damn near criminal, I mean, there aren't ANY decent mountain roads in the entire game. Where are the mountain passes with tons of switchbacks and hairpins? Where are the long, undulating ribbons of road with fast off-camber turns?

I really like this game but I hate the environment. It is bland, boring and poorly designed. I have desperately wanted an open-world "sim" racer for years and they finally give me everything I want and yet give us shitty roads to drive on.

Sorry, just had to rant because I love playing the game but I just crave some actually great driving roads.

still, roads are 100x better and more interesting than what was test drive island.
but you are correct, and for me this is the problem with open road "sims".
it just not very easy to expect the precision and detail of a closed racetrack, in an open road game.
the way I see it, the best possible scenario is have so and so roads to free roam, but offer the ability to go to a race track or a specific road segment, where there is plenty more detail and precision and a lot of thought put into the track itself.

still, roads are 100x better and more interesting than what was test drive island.
but you are correct, and for me this is the problem with open road "sims".
it just not very easy to expect the precision and detail of a closed racetrack, in an open road game.
the way I see it, the best possible scenario is have so and so roads to free roam, but offer the ability to go to a race track or a specific road segment, where there is plenty more detail and precision and a lot of thought put into the track itself.

I would LOVE a merging of Forza Motorsport and Horizon. You get the open world aspect of Horizon, but you get to drive to the events and race tracks. I think it would be an incredible idea, and one I have wanted for years.

I have always envisioned a cross of GT/Forza/GTA, which I know is asking a lot. I want to be able to buy my car at a dealership, drive to a garage and tune it up and then "cruise" around the world accepting street races/drifts and then go "legit" later in the game and race at tracks and such.

I know the NFS: Underground games tried that, but the physics were terrible and the whole forced upgrade thing was pretty awful. I dunno, I would kill to see Forza really take some risks and try something never before seen.

Sorry for the bump, but I purchased this game during the recent sale and I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. It's definitely what I needed to get back into racing games after quickly burning out with previous Forzas.

One thing I really wished they had added was modifying the interior with gauges whenever turbo/superchargers, or an upgrade to existing FI, were installed. A functional boost gauge in an A-pillar pod, on top of the steering column, or on/in the dash (along with gauges for fuel and oil system upgrades) would have taken me back to my old DSM days :D A nice example for older muscle cars.

I also wanted to ask a question about the barn vehicles. Are races required to be finished in a certain order to get these notifications? I've gone through two or three wristband "levels" and haven't received a one since the Jaguar D-Type. I hope it's not a glitch...

Anyway, aside from that small issue, I am having a blast and I'm certain I'll pick up the Rally expansion once my backlog is done.

AlStrong

Does anyone know about a camera glitch where it's stuck looking backwards? I've tried changing it in the options manually, restarting the game... It's just stuck. :|

edit:

Ok...... so I tried a different controller and now it's back to normal. :s

Omiee

so i have all these cars purchased but i cant select them in singleplayer in my car list?

i just got the game and only have the bmw z4 but i want to use the day one car pack in single player.

is it possible?

Top Bottom