• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

FightyF

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Now if this is true, then i will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until the next batch of screens (and maybe videos) are released, since i suppose that the next showing of the game will have those things enabled.

*shakes head*

I try to tell young mothers...when will they ever listen?

Insertia

Forza2Beta2.jpg

I bought this car in GT4, put it on a similiar track, and I swear it looks like the same game.

m0dus said:
I love how this thread has started attracting idiots with no interest in the game whatsoever, who are suddenly filled with faux concern about the game's presentation. :lol

I'm knitting a sampler with all their quotes.

F....L....O....P...Z...

m0dus said:
I love how this thread has started attracting idiots with no interest in the game whatsoever, who are suddenly filled with faux concern about the game's presentation. :lol

Sounds just like every sports game screenshot thread outside the 30 or so sports crew GAF'ers that are going to actually buy said game and play it.

Wunderchu

LevelNth said:
I'll be surprised if Forza 2 doesn't look better than these screens both in motion and by release,
because these screens are insanely underwhelming, and as Bebpo stated earlier, GT4:HD looks better
. Nevertheless, visuals are not what this series needs to focus on; I'd rather they spend most of their time tuning the physics engine and making the damage model more worthwhile.
other than the line hidden by the spoiler tags, I agree

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Wunderchu said:
that's the trailer of Forza 2 which was shown @ the Leipzig GC

If this game looks like that when I pick it up. I'm going to make love to the wheel that I drive it with.

mckmas8808

Banned
Wunderchu said:
that's the trailer of Forza 2 which was shown @ the Leipzig GC

So why wouldn't the game look like that in motion? I mean this is next-gen. And didn't they say they were using in-game models?

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
So why wouldn't the game look like that in motion? I mean this is next-gen. And didn't they say they were using in-game models?

Why wouldn't the game look like that in motion? Because it's CG.

Gek54

Insertia said:
Forza2Beta2.jpg

I bought this car in GT4, put it on a similiar track, and I swear it looks like the same game.

g35gt4.jpg

Seems GT4 has better tail lights.

m0dus said:
Honestly Gek, you know better.

Nope I guess not, I see you cant damage control that one.

Speevy

Banned
Kleegamefan said:
Over to Japan to recruit artists and modelers with some talent....

Well considering the critical success of Forza 1 and the fact that the racing genre is completely and utterly covered by Western developers...

Gek54

Kleegamefan said:
Over to Japan to recruit artists and modelers with some talent....

They should have also hit up Australia instead of using cheap Indian and Philipino modelers.

hgplayer1

:lol @ people expecting screens to go up at 12am sharp!

Ive said it before Ill say it again, I did not have high expectations for the graphics of Forza. I know theyll be adequate but for those people expecting them to set a new standard in only their second game I dont know where your expectations came from.

If those screens are works in progress I would say thats about what I expected. hopefully the full package shines and stills cant do it justice but it wont matter that much to me.

I have to agree that PD have the better artists hands down. I was playing a little GT4 over the weekend racing it in B spec mode. there were times it felt like I was watching a race on TV.

I think Forza just needs a few revisions before it really starts to compete graphically.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Are you guys seriously staying up for this?

I'm going to get to work tomorrow morning, and then I'll write something up after I get myself a cup of espresso and do the daily crossword puzzle. :)

But seriously, those leaked screens are real. If you think they look awful or whatever, I'm not here to change your mind -- not much I can do about that. The haters will hate, I suppose. All this forum drama is pretty nuts.

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). Sometimes you turn something on and it breaks other things. I dunno, there's a lot of weird code dependencies and complexities that I'm learning about game development and none it seems very easy.

Forza 2 will look really good when it's finished. Obviously, the game isn't finished right now. At this point, we'll probably keep releasing new assets going forward and hope folks like what they see and play in the months to come.

p.s. 3d grass exists but weren't in the screenshots. OMGWTF!!11

megateto

chespace said:
But seriously, those leaked screens are real. If you think they look awful or whatever, I'm not here to change your mind -- not much I can do about that. The haters will hate, I suppose. All this forum drama is pretty nuts.

Thread name change ASAP.

chespace said:

I'm going to get to work tomorrow morning, and then I'll write something up after I get myself a cup of espresso and do the daily crossword puzzle. :)

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). Sometimes you turn something on and it breaks other things. I dunno, there's a lot of weird code dependencies and complexities that I'm learning about game development and none it seems very easy.

Forza 2 will look really good when it's finished. Obviously, the game isn't finished right now. At this point, we'll probably keep releasing new assets going forward and hope folks like what they see and play in the months to come.

Thanks, looks great to me, *hopes for alot of customizations

sangreal

chespace said:

so how about a video..?

will we atleast get new screens along with your post, or are we stuck with the leaked ones?

pick a more interesting track for screens next time

Amir0x

Banned
chespace said:

THANK you for finally saying it's real :lol

Like I said at the start until now, I think it looks pretty nice - especially when you consider it's gonna run in true 720p at 60fps, that's what racing games truly need for next-gen. One of the 360 killer apps for me when i buy this system, and that ain't no ass kissin' neither.

PipBoy

Banned
che: I think you should hire a company to take screenshots. Face it, the only guys who know how to take good screenshots at Microsoft work for Bungie.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Again, keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects missing in these screenshots have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). If you're going to nitpick the visual minutae of a game, wouldn't it make more sense to do so with something that's not a work-in-progress?

Anyway, it's GAF so I'm not expecting much more. Hate away, haters!

sangreal

chespace said:
Again, keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many of the graphical effects missing in these screenshots have yet to be stabilized in the build (HDR and various other car shaders). If you're going to nitpick the visual minutae of a game, wouldn't it make more sense to do so with something that's not a work-in-progress?

Anyway, it's GAF so I'm not expecting much more. Hate away, haters!

I don't know why you felt the need to reiterate this since your last post (wtf do you mean by stabilized anyway?) but to be fair it is not only GAF that has hated on the screens. They seem to be universally hated

Top Bottom