• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

US - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d538861?cid=SLink
NL - http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-NL/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d53084d/
Size: - 1.25GB

The new demo lets you get behind the wheel of five of the world’s most amazing cars on the full circuit of the game’s Camino Viejo track. The demo includes five playable cars:

• 2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
  • 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
  • 2009 Ferrari California
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
  • 2009 Mini John Cooper Works
You will be able to drive all of the cars in the demo in full cockpit view as well as experience damage, rollover and try out the game’s new rewind feature as you take turns on a beautiful Spanish mountain course inspired by the Montserrat region just outside of Barcelona, Spain. When logged into Xbox LIVE, the demo will also support official leaderboards for lap times, giving you a further taste of what players will experience in “Forza Motorsport 3.”

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0004.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0005.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0003.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0002.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0001.jpg

More - http://gamersyde.com/news_forza_motorsport_3_demo_up-8566_en.html

Jube3

The visual upgrade from forza 2 is impressive. I crashed into a wall because I was looking at the mountains. Amazing.

Noogy

Wow, already? I just checked the marketplace on my 360 and it wasn't there, but the Xbox.com link did indeed start downloading. Can't wait!

Pantz

mini likes to slide heheh. Did I hear there was going to be a place to check the top times for live users? Have not seen a leaderboard yet.

From the other thread:

O. K. WOW.

See, okay, graphically, in all honesty, I've been playing Forza 2 all this month and I wasn't jawdroppingly stunned at the difference. They picked a track with pretty standard lighting. Bright afternoon, no overcast, no sunsetty prettiness. Nice detail of course, but I wasn't like Maxelled out or anything.

BUT.

I have no idea what they've tweaked in terms of the handling and the way the assists work but I played with the Ferrari on Medium and the Mini on Hard and on turns that I would have been very hesitant on and braking a lot in 2 I fucking COASTED through almost perfectly. I even completely drifted through one in the Mini.

In short, as a driving experience for me, at my scrub levels, Forza 2 to Forza 3 is like going from the Rock Band 1 strat to the Beatles Gretch. The level of smoothness is amazing. It led to an incredibly exciting race as well, so I'm thinking the AI has improved. I finished 3rd on Medium in the Ferrari and 4th in the Mini on Hard and had a fucking blast both times.

As much as I loved playing Forza 2, this already seems like an immensely more FUN sim driving experience. In all the time I played FM2, I never felt like I could push the car on turns the way I did with absolute ease in FM3.

That's what blew me away the most. Fuck the graphics screenshot bullshit. This is just an amazing fucking game TO DRIVE.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Just gave the demo a spin. Impressive. No photo mode hidden away somewhere, right? :'(

OH.

Two things presentation wise. I love the carmaker logo coming up for each ride (although I miss being able to spin the car around at every presentation screen).

And I absolutely LOVE the first shot of every race when your car rolls to the line. It is SUCH an effective way to get you immediately linked to the car you're driving. Absolutely INGENIOUS, if no one else has ever done this before. In videos you're kind of just like, eh, whatever, when you see that, but starting a race, oh mah gawd it is fucking amazing.

PLEASE CHE GIMME MY xB IN THIS GAME I'M BEGGIN' YA.

Duelist

So I just turned off all the assists and jumped right in. For some reason, I feel more natural driving in this game than in Forza 2. It feels a lot smoother.

Am I the only one who crashed into the wall while looking at the backdrop? :lol

Duelist said:
So I just turned off all the assists and jumped right in. For some reason, I feel more natural driving in this game than in Forza 2. It feels a lot smoother.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. They must have really tweaked the driving model. Honestly, I think it's more accessible and fun to drive than even PGR4.

ChrisRT

Arjen said:
Goddamn this will be the longest 5 hours at work ever, more impressions please!

It is decent. Don't strain yourself. Only 2 laps, a few cars, and 1 local. Its ok I guess.

[Nintex]

Always-honest said:
tell me about the jaggies.. are they appearent? sorry.. my little pet peeve
I do not see jaggies on my LCD and Forza 2 was a mess in that regard.

This game blows it out of the water, so good.

Gowans

Had a quick ten mins on my break and wow it feels great.

I've tweaked my assists and yeah they have defiantly done something as I feel a tonne more in control of the car.

Maybe its the rewind, it saves you from every stuff up and is really amazing for retrying approaches to corners.

Really enjoying the demo.

ChrisRT said:
It is decent. Don't strain yourself. Only 2 laps, a few cars, and 1 local. Its ok I guess.

It's way more than decent, I think, if you've put a lot of hours into FM2. While I loved the game, loved collecting more cars and making Gorillaz and LOST liveries, driving itself always seemed like the means to an end. Just finish and get to the end, get some sheckles, get a new car. Go again. I always felt like the driving was always just a bit out of my reach. I had to concentrate super hard on accelerating just the right amount or I would fly off the track. All of that apprehension is gone in this game. A few hours ago, I was excited about this game for all the reasons I was excited about the first one. Making cool cars and unlocking a shit ton of cars.

Now I'm actually excited to DRIVE four hundred cars or whatever. There is a tangible improvement in the on-the-road driving experience and, for me at least, it's pretty much a gamechanger. I've always wanted to enjoy sims as much as the arcade racers I play. I never got very far in a Gran Turismo. Even PGR3 and 4 were pretty daunting and, to this day, unfinished challenges. FM2 improved things with their assists, but I'm still only a level 26 in the game, and I bought it at launch.

FM3 feels like a completely new and different and all out FUN driving experience. I drove a Ferrari and didn't feel like it was out of my control once. I drove a Mini and didn't feel like I was a sucker for driving such an underpowered wimp car. Each car was equally fun to drive.

To me, this is a major advance and accomplishment and might make the game finally realize that potential I always hoped for: a sim racer I can actually never be frustrated by.

Mohonky

[Nintex] said:
In those shots the game doesn't look so hot, but here in front of me in motion I'm blown away.

Yeh the screenshots for this game aren't exactly spectacular, hoping it looks better in person.

Mohonky said:
Yeh the screenshots for this game aren't exactly spectacular, hoping it looks better in person.

The big thing about Forza 3 is that it has Environments. Driving immersion is about two things: physics model and environment.

ChrisRT

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's way more than decent, I think, if you've put a lot of hours into FM2. While I loved the game, loved collecting more cars and making Gorillaz and LOST liveries, driving itself always seemed like the means to an end. Just finish and get to the end, get some sheckles, get a new car. Go again. I always felt like the driving was always just a bit out of my reach. I had to concentrate super hard on accelerating just the right amount or I would fly off the track. All of that apprehension is gone in this game. A few hours ago, I was excited about this game for all the reasons I was excited about the first one. Making cool cars and unlocking a shit ton of cars.

Now I'm actually excited to DRIVE four hundred cars or whatever. There is a tangible improvement in the on-the-road driving experience and, for me at least, it's pretty much a gamechanger. I've always wanted to enjoy sims as much as the arcade racers I play. I never got very far in a Gran Turismo. Even PGR3 and 4 were pretty daunting and, to this day, unfinished challenges. FM2 improved things with their assists, but I'm still only a level 26 in the game, and I bought it at launch.

FM3 feels like a completely new and different and all out FUN driving experience. I drove a Ferrari and didn't feel like it was out of my control once. I drove a Mini and didn't feel like I was a sucker for driving such an underpowered wimp car. Each car was equally fun to drive.

To me, this is a major advance and accomplishment and might make the game finally realize that potential I always hoped for: a sim racer I can actually never be frustrated by.
You'd fly off the track? Odd, get a better wheel, AWD, or use a less powerfull car. The demo has tame cars, nothing that would throw one off the track from a launch or torque steer.
All I'm saying is that there is nothing to this demo. It feels good but 2 laps on a small track and 5 decent cars. Atleast a GT2 class car is in order. Gives the potential customer a feel of what the driving engine and a proper race car can do.

HMC

BenjaminBirdie said:

I love the new car smell of a good sim racer, but suck at playing them. This is epic news. :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Glad to hear about people stating that the controls are better somehow. The one thing that always irked me in Forza 2 was the control of the car, I couldn't quite put a finger on it but it never felt fully responsive, as if I wasn't really driving.

Looking forward to the game's release.

Top Bottom