• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
chespace said:
... doesn't mean the car is in or out! :D

Just means we haven't announced any such car(s).

how about a 5.0 (saleen?) mustang? can you not confirm that as well? :D

rjcc said:
and of course the first videos will be gametrailers/ign someone else with shitty compressed video exclusive
Diablohead said:
I remember a lot of vid's being direct downloads from turn10 themselves or Blim.
I remember T10 getting burned early on by Gamespot. They were left to their own devices, and decided to publish this gem. Forza's very own version of wall guy. Things changed after that.

932731_20070417_790screen006.jpg

acm2000

BCD2 said:
I remember T10 getting burned early on by Gamespot. They were left to their own devices, and decided to publish this gem. Forza's very own version of wall guy. Things changed after that.

:lol even a hardened ps3/GT fanboy would struggle to make forza 2 look that bad in photomode

BCD2 said:

So someone thought it was a good idea to release that picture...

rjcc

Diablohead said:
I remember a lot of vid's being direct downloads from turn10 themselves or Blim.

nah, they had some terrrrrible exclusive vids on ign before we got direct feed from turn10 direct.

It was bedlam :lol :lol

I think Che even wrote a formal response/apology specifically about that picture in one of his Pitpasses. I'm sure it was a bishoptl.gif moment for the poor guy when he first saw it.

bj00rn_

Banned
BCD2 said:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/jpm_photos/932731_20070417_790screen006.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, that's amazing... Like someone already mentioned; Not even the infamous downplayers around here would be able to produce a "better" result than that :lol

saladine1

Thing is though, when that screenshot was shown, there were actually some T10 loyalists who said that it looked good and that we should be happy we were getting screenshots!

Good times indeed..

AMUSIX

Pretty...very pretty...I do like that second one a LOT. Cute 360 ad there...

Still wondering if we're confined to just having the camera within the driveable boundaries, or will we be able to take a shot from the infield/stands?

Basically, this is one of the angles I'd like to recreate...
3197873.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
chespace said:
Holy mother of god.

I want this game already Che, now you're just making me pierce my Monitor with my raging game-erection.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
bump mapping on the fabric covering the barriers? looks very nice. more environment shots please. especially of le mans

AMUSIX

just throwing in another example of an 'off track' camera position....notice neither this or the other one would be outside of modeled space....
6dxtns.jpg

tass0

Banned
why is Che red on these forums? Forza 3 looks really great, unfortuanely I won't be able to play it because my Xbox 360 is X_X :(

Zhuk

Banned
tass0 said:
why is Che red on these forums? Forza 3 looks really great, unfortuanely I won't be able to play it because my Xbox 360 is X_X :(

SDF doesn't like the fact that he is part of the studio that has made the best racing sim on consoles this gen
and all time
and they go into nerd rage everytime he preaches truth.

Zhuk said:
SDF doesn't like the fact that he is part of the studio that has made the best racing sim on consoles this gen
and all time
and they go into nerd rage everytime he preaches truth.
i do love me some nerd rage.
That said, those new shots look amazing cant wait to play this.

I find myself getting extremely hyped for this... which is unusual because I rarely get excited for upcoming games these days (old man syndrome).

This and a nice shiny new steering wheel will set me up until at least this time next year. :D

AMUSIX

ram said:
whats up with these horrible copy and paste ground textures? much worse than gt5p...
that shit's not needed
That's the most glaring problem with the image, the tiled gravel/dirt. Of course the rest of it is gorgeous (the lighting especially) but that just makes the gravel stick out even more. I don't expect it to change before release, but it's not really an issue during gameplay due to camera position.

See

ram said:
whats up with these horrible copy and paste ground textures? much worse than gt5p...
There is a bit of motion blur which might add to the repetiveness to the texture, I know when I increase the shutter speed in PGR4 the textures looks repeated.

However, in real life, some areas do look like that.
Japaneseusedcars.com_Sponsored_Subaru_WRX_Tsukuba_Circuit.jpg

Also... ^^ WOW! Turn10 doesn't stop givin'

[ignore]Oh and, how come Turn10's logo is white in that one? Did you guys change it? Just curious is all :p[ignore]

Edit: I should be asking, why are they black and white in different images? Lol.. different builds perhaps?

eso76

See said:
Edit: I should be asking, why are they black and white in different images? Lol.. different builds perhaps?

going by the pics it appears the game simply measures brightness for the area where the watermark will go and chooses between black and white logos for readability; black when it goes against a bright background, white otherwise

eso76

my demanding froth for...no, wait..my gaming demand for froth..oh well.

Game is looking better and better (although i suppose it's just different lighting conditions making these pics at Suzuka look better than the already stunning earlier ones, i don't think this is a newer and improved build compared to E3) these super gt pics especially might be mistaken for real pictures easily.

On a side note whoever started the carface meme needs to die in a fire.
Npw I can't unsee all those cars looking at me, this one is even sticking its tongue at me

TONGUE.jpg

eso76

Sleeker said:
is there a way to get rid of those stripy repeated textures on the sand?

that will probably be covered with some clever multitexturing.
This is a problem T10 games never suffered from. GT on the contrary has always been plagued by the infamous tile effect, even while driving the road would look like it's made of tiles.

Sleeker

eso76 said:
that will probably be covered with some clever multitexturing.
This is a problem T10 games never suffered from. GT on the contrary has always been plagued by the infamous tile effect, even while driving the road would look like it's made of tiles.

well good.
it just adds that final touch to the environments.

See said:
Also!
Turn10 at E3 video is up!
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm#/video/781/

It was up ages ago, didn't see it posted here.

Nothing really new in the E3 video, just more salt to rub in the wounds of those who missed out on the awesomeness. :p

Seriously though, I'd kill for the opportunity to own that hydraulic triple-screen rig. That's not an idle threat, either. Should the opportunity ever present itself, and even facing the possibility of a life sentence, I'd go through with it if it meant even a few minutes in that thing.

I like the guy waxing on about how great the new Fanatec wheel is... and then immediately rolling over his R8. :lol

Turn 10 had a great show. Che, will there be a similar video documenting your adventures at Le Mans? I seem to recall traveling camera crews being mentioned several times during the last podcast.

saladine1

Spaceman Spiff said:
Che, will there be a similar video documenting your adventures at Le Mans? I seem to recall traveling camera crews being mentioned several times during the last podcast.
Mate, I think we've seen enough ' Behind the scenes' stuff and it's time to move on.

I'm talking about..demo!
Joking, but how about some gameplay vids instead?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
saladine1 said:
Mate, I think we've seen enough ' Behind the scenes' stuff and it's time to move on.

I'm talking about..demo!
Joking, but how about some gameplay vids instead?

Sorry mate, no gameplay vids yet. You'll get tons of them when we give preview builds to the press I'm sure.

I'm curious, what other behind the scenes stuff have we been doing that you're so sick of? So far, we've only done this one E3 video and release a bunch of new screens between E3, Le Mans, and now these Japanese cars.

As for a Le Mans travel diary, yup... coming up hopefully next week. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Che, I demand info on the livery editor. If you don't release details within the next 24 hours I'm not buying your goddamn game.

AMUSIX

Che, I demand info on the livery editor camera placement options. If you don't release details within the next 24 hours I'm not buying carrying your goddamn game in my store.

also talk about the pc-based livery editor

As a longtime fan of all things JGTC/Super GT I can not wait to drive some of those cars.

Now, for some Super Taikyu, BTCC and DTM love.

Mmmm, silhouette racing...

08r01ph006cz3.jpg

T Ghost

I love the art style of Forza. Thanks a lot for the 4th of july gift Che! When can we expect a demo on XBL?

PLEASE MORE SS, MORE!!!

:D

Question: Was this SS taken with the in-game photo mode also?

Tsukuba_Circuit.jpg

If the answer is yes, does this means that we can "fly" the camera freely in replay mode or will we be stuck to some fixed angle cameras? This point is VERY important for refereeing of league races.

Top Bottom