• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

phosphor112 said:
I have, in fact, I love the game a lot. My friend and I play it against each other weekly. Just the other day we did a Dodge Ram challenge 1 on 1. It's a great game, it's just slightly "floaty." There is no denying this :?
I agree on the floaty, f3 is a huge improvement over the driving-on-glass forza 1 and 2 but it still has rather smooth suspension for all it's cars. I think turn10 can keep on adding to the forza 3 current bumps and make them even better.

Diablohead said:
I agree on the floaty, f3 is a huge improvement over the driving-on-glass forza 1 and 2 but it still has rather smooth suspension for all it's cars. I think turn10 can keep on adding to the forza 3 current bumps and make them even better.
Yeah, that's the thing. Anyone can say the floaty-ness isn't there... but it is. The fact is, they are still new to the industry, and modeling all the bumps and features in a road will take them years. Unless, of course, we get consoles powerful enough for satellite laser scanning. Even PC's don't use RAW scanning data (iRacing) because it's just way too much data.

Diablohead said:

I hope so too.

The Nurburgring GP track was the best in the game as far as bumpiness was concerned, and with any luck T10 will pay more attention to surface irregularities for future tracks. Redoing previous ones for Forza 4 would be welcome. The Nordschleife and Le Mans in particular were way too damn smooth.

G Rom

I was going to say the same thing. The Nurburgring GP track has some serious bumps in pretty much all of its corners. Pretty awesome to drive on !:D

skyfinch

phosphor112 said:
Yeah, that's the thing. Anyone can say the floaty-ness isn't there... but it is. The fact is, they are still new to the industry, and modeling all the bumps and features in a road will take them years. Unless, of course, we get consoles powerful enough for satellite laser scanning. Even PC's don't use RAW scanning data (iRacing) because it's just way too much data.

Already evident on the Nurburgring GP DLC track. It's a bumpy ride.

Edit, beaten with a stick over the head.

G Rom said:
I was going to say the same thing. The Nurburgring GP track has some serious bumps in pretty much all of its corners. Pretty awesome to drive on !:D
My friend didn't care to buy the Nurburg pack... so I wouldn't know :/

G Rom

Atomski said:
Really need to go back and play this. I have been kinda heartbroken since I somehow copied over my save :/.

Go over FM.net. I'm sure some rich folks will be more than willing to help by gifting you some cars. :)

skyfinch

Went from a delete game save to level 40, and 2 million credits in a couple weeks.:lol And I had Halo Reach since launch.

Addicted to this game. :/

Atomski said:
Really need to go back and play this. I have been kinda heartbroken since I somehow copied over my save :/.
I only have to get all gold in events so I could spare some cars if you need a few for early events.

Vorg

Banned
more pics.

Forza73.jpg

Forza74.jpg

Forza71.jpg

Fucking compression ruins them though. -___-

Ah the GT-R, the understeer heavy beast I turned into an S class car, only thing good about it was the wicked paint job I made for it :p

I got forza 2 working, because I am on a new 360 I only had my licenses transfered from my current gamertag not my older one, once I did the licence transfer for that old gamertag it worked fine, phew.

I have to say forza 2 still looks great in an old game looking way, it's still smooth it still looks clean and amazingly the car's still look nice even with all that extra turtle wax and glass like reflections.

The wheels contact the ground better in forza 2 also, they don't look like they are floating on invisible floors in replays :D

Fender_Uk said:
is there even the slightest chance for a PC version?
lol

G Rom

acidspunk said:
Oh, whatever. :p I just like taking pictures. Besides, I could just say that I bought it like that at the auction house. You'd believe me right? :lol

Well, some people sell Pimp My Ride style 250 GTO, so I could believe anything coming from the auction house actually...:lol
I'm just kidding BTW. I just find pimping Ferrari to be sacrilegious !:D

@Diablohead : Yeah, I was actually surprised at how "good" the game still looked beside the terrible bloom too.

@BADNED : Good to hear that about Forzacentral ! :)

Atomski

G Rom said:
Go over FM.net. I'm sure some rich folks will be more than willing to help by gifting you some cars. :)

Thanks for the advice/support guys. I put the game in today and was surprised I am actually level 25, I was level 45 when I copied the save over. I must really grinded a bit before getting burnt out.

Anyways the game is so good. Is getting the VIP dlc worth it? Only reason I didn't buy the LE was no need for a flash drive.

G Rom

Well, in your case it could be worth it if you'd want to get something like 15 VIP cars for free. A good way to get back in the game.
Although IMO, 800 MS Points is way too much for essentially only 5 really new cars (ZR1, Superleggera, Scuderia, GT3 RS, DBS). Normal car packs with 10 new cars are only 400 MS Points...

I just want to say that if Forza 4 /kinect / some other sub name doesn't have lighting settings the same as g rom's photos then I will be greatly upset, no matter how much I tweak the settings on my version of the game it never matches your photos, G :p

BADNED

Slightly different name for Japan, FM3 Ultimate Edition, everything else the same, release November 11th, price ¥2,980.

Box a bit cleaner then the US one:

311p4qg.jpg

knee

I got forza 3 from the Forza / ODST bundle. Did these come with the Sidewinder Proving Grounds or am I stuck with buying that pack? I didn't see a code when I opened the package.

Any help would be great! Thanks. :)

BADNED

If there was no card in the box with the redeem code for the October Track Pack then you will have to get the UC.

Yeah if I remember it right the FM3/H3ODST bundle does not come with the code card!

ElyrionX

sigh. I really really want to get back to this game but everytime I think of the tedium of earning credits, I just can't bring myself to do it.

I still think that the system of giving you free cars that cannot be sold back every time you level is a retarded system. It's just shoehorning players into specific list of cars and flooding the marketplace unnecessarily with worthless shit. One of the poorest design decision in a game I've seen in a while.

mclaren777

Pepto said:
More info please.
I don't think there's anything illegal about these conversions because the creators aren't making any sort of profit, but just to be safe with the mods, perhaps it might be best if we discussed this via PM. ;)

G Rom

Wow, I didn't know this maclaren777. Did some research and stumbled upon some car models renders with better shaders... :eek:
Get your shit together Turn 10 for Forza 4, it just goes to shows again how great the models are but also how terrible the shaders are in FM3 ! :-/
Also, those guys seem to have found proof of reuse of Forza 2 assets...:lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
BADNED, all I ask for in 4za is the ability to import my Forza 3 save, I built up a pretty good garage and livery collection.

And some other stuff, but I'll get back to you on that. :D

G Rom said:
Wow, I didn't know this maclaren777. Did some research and stumbled upon some car models renders with better shaders... :eek:
Get your shit together Turn 10 for Forza 4, it just goes to shows again how great the models are but also how terrible the shaders are in FM3 ! :-/
Also, those guys seem to have found proof of reuse of Forza 2 assets...:lol

It was obvious that some of the cars were reused from F2. Some looked a bit better than 2 but you could tell the cars built from the ground up for F3 were better quality.

BADNED

twinturbo2 said:
BADNED, all I ask for in 4za is the ability to import my Forza 3 save, I built up a pretty good garage and livery collection.

And some other stuff, but I'll get back to you on that. :D
You might forward that to T10 and not me. I'm not T10 nor do I work for them!

But I'm supporting your idea! A 100% complete save from a previous installment should give a player in the next installment some sort of benefit, credits, cars whatever!

G Rom

ExtraKr1spy said:
It was obvious that some of the cars were reused from F2. Some looked a bit better than 2 but you could tell the cars built from the ground up for F3 were better quality.

Yes, it was obvious but I thought it was funny that they didn't even bother to change the file/directory names...:lol

I disagree on the complete transfer of cars as it would completely destroy the core design of Forza 4. What would be the point of playing the game if I could have directly access to my 200+ cars FM3 collection in my Forza 4 career ?
Liveries should be transferred if doable as there will always be new liveries coming so no problem. I doubt tuning files could be transferred as they'll probably upgrade the physics engine again.

I do agree however on the fact that we should get at least a money reward. They should put even more if you've played Forza 2. I don't think Xbox 360 games can have access to Xbox saves so I doubt they could go back to Forza 1 though.

@Diablohead : I simply searched for "forza motorsport 3 models conversion" (there's a link to this topic in the first page of Google results !:lol )

mclaren777

Fender_Uk said:
which one? and are they the high LOD models?
It's up to the modder to adapt the Forza LODs to the sim's LODs.

LOD0: 172753 polys
LOD1: 45074 polys
LOD2: 21802 polys
LOD3: 13134 polys
LOD4: 6360 polys
LOD5: 2556 polys
Hi-res cockpit: 79845 polys

IecFb.jpg

G Rom

There are many games in which you can import converted FM3 models Fender_Uk. I've seen screens from GTA IV, NFS Shift, TDU, GTR2 and even GTA:SA ! :lol

qndBF.jpg

Even if there are some things like the badges and the rims not looking like they should, overall it looks so good. I want this quality of shader and render in Forza 4 !* :(

with no awful jpeg compression ruining it please...

I spent some time today making a replacement case for that trash called the ultimate collection box, I just need a good image for the front of the box and then it's more or less complete.

2bbryf.png

skyfinch

After nearly a year, Forza 3...complete.

Thanks to G Rom for recommending me one of his drift tunes. First try and was able to finally get 100k. Damn achievement was haunting me for nearly a year. :lol

Jimrpg

^^ my gosh how many hours did it take you to get 100%

its taken me 3 and half hours driving to do 3.6%....not to mention all the loading screens and menus and buying stuff...

i think its a little too long..... im a long way off buying the good cars too :(

Alucrid

Banned
Oh mah gawwwd. I decide to finally buy Forza this summer to keep me busy and they release this. Jeeze, I haven't bought any DLC yet and I dunno if I should now or just buy this ultimate edition.

Is the ultimate edition 40 or 60? Also, what would be the best DLC packs to get if I don't spring for the ultimate edition?

Diablohead said:
I spent some time today making a replacement case for that trash called the ultimate collection box, I just need a good image for the front of the box and then it's more or less complete.
I'm not sure I'd add any image to the front. It looks nice and clean as it is.

Maybe alter the positioning of the logo a bit instead.

Psychotext said:
I'm not sure I'd add any image to the front. It looks nice and clean as it is.

Maybe alter the positioning of the logo a bit instead.
I can always release a version with a white front and a bigger cleaner logo, no harm doing that :)

skyfinch

arbok26 said:
^^ my gosh how many hours did it take you to get 100%

its taken me 3 and half hours driving to do 3.6%....not to mention all the loading screens and menus and buying stuff...

i think its a little too long..... im a long way off buying the good cars too :(

Yeah, it certainly drags on after awhile.

Had the game since launch and after about 120 hours, I managed to get all gold achievement (well over 200 hours of racing by now). Only achievement I had left since Forza launch was the drift one. Took this long to finally get it.

Good way to find cheap cars is in the auction house. You might get lucky and find someone who's selling off some cars for next to nothing.

Add me to your friends list "yawZway". Since I'm finished with career mode, I think there's a few "good" cars that I can gift you.

Diablohead said:

2bbryf.png

May be you should just leave it white ... oh wait that would make it looks like that other game. Btw you should put up finish version when you are done.

Actually it might look good if you can find R8 picture with just the lampview. I do agree that the cover is ugly. It doesn't help with the new banner wave thing either ... dear Microsoft you need to hire a better graphic designer. I really don't understand when they can put out classy looking package like Reach controller / Reach LE (again minus the ugly green wave banner) and then we end up with crap like this ultimate edition or the new slim packaing and accessories.

Alucrid said:
Oh mah gawwwd. I decide to finally buy Forza this summer to keep me busy and they release this. Jeeze, I haven't bought any DLC yet and I dunno if I should now or just buy this ultimate edition.

Is the ultimate edition 40 or 60? Also, what would be the best DLC packs to get if I don't spring for the ultimate edition?

The ultimate edition was rumor or "known" for awhile now. It's suppose to be platinum hit so I would think $30.00 (in the US). I would hold off getting any DLC and just pick this one up.

On unrelated note, so if this is the Ultimate edition, is that mean no more DLC? What happen to the rest ?

antiquegamer said:
On unrelated note, so if this is the Ultimate edition, is that mean no more DLC? What happen to the rest ?

It will be in the definitive edition of Forza 3, called Forza Motorsport 4 (or something).

The lack of DLC tracks along with single player implantation was terrible in F3, car packs only go so far so I am glad that they can now fully concentrate modelling for forza 4.

The back of my custom box was going to be the same as the original and the plan was just to fix the front with a new fresh look, but my scanner was a bit too good and picked up all the print ink dots and shit from the case so it looked no good, in the end I remade both front and back to keep it clean and to give the box that new green trim along the top.

Just need a good picture for the front, will have to stitch something together but it's hard to get a good box art like photo in forza.

Top Bottom