• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: no night, no weather, no storefront, no auction house

Mascot

All confirmed tonight on Twitch by Dan.

Paints and tunes can still be created, traded and used, but painters and tuners are now paid according to usage, not on an initial selling price (which is now effectively at no cost to the purchaser).
There will still be a way to search for community-created tunes and liveries, but not by using the current Storefront system.
It seems like the Auction House has been completely removed because community tunes and liveries are now free to buy, with the game 'paying' the creators based on how much their creations are used by other players.
The game will 'learn' what kind of paints you like and will direct them to you, make suggestions etc.
It was suggested that Drivatar cars (ie AI) will use community paints/liveries.

Oh, and Dan was unsure about existing wheel support, said he wasn't the best man to ask.

Disappointing news about weather and night, but kudos to Turn 10 for being up front about it now.

Edit: not sure how true this is, but it was hinted by Dan that all material shaders used in the game can be used to paint the car, eg full brushed aluminium finish, full carbon finish. Maybe leather cars? Sounds daft.

Edit 2: ALL cars are Autovista now. This possibly/probably means a vastly reduced car roster from FM4.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Absolutely no excuses for weather and night this time T10.

Officially 0% chance of me buying now.

T10 clearly have no interest in pushing the series forward.

Storefront & Auction House were pretty much staples of the series. Maybe not enough time to get it working on new tech for launch?

A bit disappointed that there is no night racing, can live without rain and such but night races is gonna be missed.

No night and weather? Not for me...I've grown accustomed to those features and they really make racing games a lot more entertaining to watch/play for me.

Too bad :(, doesnt GT 5 even have weather/night???

Oh well im sure once they finish working on the engine they will release Forza 6 with all this stuff

So it's back to square one? In the last Forza's we already lost the tournaments, the local leaderboards, and the offline custom races.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Mascot

Storefront & Auction House were pretty much staples of the series. Maybe not enough time to get it working on new tech for launch?

A bit disappointed that there is no night racing, can live without rain and such but night races is gonna be missed.

Community tunes and liveries will still exist, but they are free to 'purchase' and use. The creator gets paid (by the game, not by the user) every time they are used.

I'll add this to the OP.

Rains

Really poor show from turn 10 was expecting some form of night/day cycle at the least now they are cutting good features sounds like a half baked game

eso76

You missed

EVERY CAR in the game is autovista.

'You can open everything and look inside etc'.

IGN vid interview around 4'10"

And wtf, you guys misunderstood the no auction house part.
Custom liveries will exist of course, you just won't need to pay for them and AI will use them too. Something ppl have been asking for a while and auction housa had become rather pointless anyway, ppl were misusing it all the time.

Wait, I'm confused. I caught a few minutes of the stream on Xbox before I had to leave, but I heard him talking about how creators can create paint jobs and sell them, and whenever somebody buys them, Turn 10 pays the creator a portion for their work.

If they don't have an auctionhouse or storefront, how could they do this?

Its weird when a PS3 game looks better than the next gen offerings form both MS and Sony.

What did they think was going to happen?

Did next gen sneak up on these guys?

bndadm

No weather or night cycle?

And your services are cloud based? Shouldn't that have weather built right in?

Sounds like a dull racer to me.

Auction house was always a bit lame, if you ask me. It also ruined the bidding on unicorn cars.

But no storefront is insane. How will people distribute their paints?? The cloud is supposed to imagine what you want?

Ugh.

Top Bottom