• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex open beta arrives May 5 on Windows 10, system reqs revealed

jonno394

Same thing for me. I always get the "System below minimum requirements" and everything reset to the lowest option.

Was just coming to ask if anyone knew why this was Happening! Thought id download apex after hearing all the buzz about horizon 3 but not liking the performance issues.

Apex runs at 60fps on high, but boots in low with that message :/

ghibli99

Same thing for me. I always get the "System below minimum requirements" and everything reset to the lowest option.
Yeah, this was weird... I've been running it fine at 4K60 for weeks, and all of a sudden it auto-detected low settings. It was like 320x200 VGA from 1990. LOL

jonno394

Just tried it with pretty much everything on Ultra/High and with 4xMSAA at 1080p and ran at 60fps fine. Bloody system autodetect :shakesfist:

Looking forward to seeing how I handle the Horizon 3 demo when it rears its head, not well probably lol.

Are microtransactions broken in this game? I got extra $10 from the Fallout 4 fiasco so I thought I'd pay for a few cars. Tried to buy 2 cars, got error messages on each purchase attempt, and then got receipts on my email but the cars are still locked.

Popsickles

It looks like we are finally getting some additional content for apex see here
http://www.theouterhaven.net/2016/11/forza-motorsport-6-apex-premium-edition-bundle-windows-10-releasing-117/
Just purchased on UK store will update with impressions

Edit - OK so had a few blasts round the Ring and its content well needed. No additional events yet but I am sure they will add some. Performance seems to be improved I still get the first corner stutter but FPS peak at 154 at 1080p ultra with an RX470

Just downloaded a 3 gig update, what does it do? Can't find any patch notes anywhere.

I reported on this a few days go. There's a new version of Forza, called Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Prem Edition. This update adds the new cars and. Nurburgring, Nordschleife , and the GP circuit. 2 car packs at $6.99 each and the tracks for 6.99 or the entire bundle for $16.99.

Power to Weight Car Pack

The Power to Weight Car Pack features seven new cars for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, including the 2016 Ford Mustang GT350R, the 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, the 2013 SRT Viper GTS, the 2013 Caterham Superlight R500, the 2013 KTM X-Bow R and the 2014 BAC Mono. These cars are available for use in Free Play, as well as in several new Spotlight events purpose built to showcase each cars’ capabilities.

Hyper Endurance Car Pack

In the Hyper Endurance Car Pack you’ll find seven new cars, including the 2016 #66 Ford Racing GT LeMans, the 2013 #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R Viper, the 2016 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R, the 2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80, the 2015 Koenigsegg One:1, the 2012 Hennessey Venom GT and the 2013 Lamborghini Veneno. These cars are available for use in Free Play, as well as in several new Spotlight events purpose built to showcase each cars’ capabilities.

Nürburgring Track Pack

The Nürburgring Track Pack features the legendary Nürburgring, including the Nordschleife and the technical GP Circuit, as well as the massive combined Full Circuit, all featuring day, night and wet conditions. These tracks can be raced in Free Play, as well as in several new Spotlight events.

Speaking of performance, I was blasting around Nurburgring with ultra settings, 1080p on a GTX 1060 and was around 50-60fps. Lost some frames due to recording it with Xsplit. OBS was acting dumb so I couldn't use it. Can't wait to see how it looks in 4K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up_KlUd5mMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe4SBW7cxc

Top Bottom