• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

[Update]Gaffer made gameplay video, 45 minutes~ (Indicar, Top Gears etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLHEP0i90Z0

-----

Breathtaking graphics at 1080px resolution and 50 frames per second [Its 60fps]. Wet weather, 3D puddles, and night racing test your driving skills. Cutting-edge ForzaTech™ engine powers the unrelenting action and stat-of-the-art-physics at simulation speed.

Ultimate car fantasy
The most cars of any racing game this generation. More than 450 cars all immaculately recreated and customizable, and complete with working cockpits and full damage. Tour 26 world-famous locales including Daytone, Rio, and more..

Never race alone
Home of the greatest racing, tuning and painting community in gaming. 2-player split-screen racing, 24-player races, and realistic Drivatar opponents deliver packed tracks and unrivaled action.

Xbox.com Japan via Xbox One Reddit

We reached out to Microsoft for comment and they informed us that "Forza Motorsport 6 will run at 1080p and 60 frames per second on Xbox One, and you will be able to learn more about the game at E3."

Icxm

b910ca59-ed0d-45ca-953f-97d113c78ab8.jpg

1a046a20-bf43-4bda-89e3-965d226cc7f9.jpg

27568158-4047-432d-9642-ec64c9448488.jpg

Edit: Website is down:

Mononoke

Banned
lol 50.

On a side note, I actually thought Horizon 2 was 60 FPS the first day I had it, because of how fluid the movement felt in cockpit mode. Had no idea it was 30 FPS. I felt so ashamed. I'm really excited for this game though. I kind of felt the first Forza on X1 was lacking. So I expect this one to be more fleshed out, and feel like an overall package.

Afro

"wet weather" scares me. wet weather as in a light shower w/ a few puddles? or wet weather as in full blown rainstorms, snow, etc?

statham

Forza 5 shipped with 200 or so cars, 450 is nice. And like all the other Forza games, this is day one for me.

chadskin

Now the question that remains is it like GT where you can have 24h cycle or like the new GRID where its fixed day or night,

Good point. They would have probably mentioned it if it was dynamic change for the time of day, so I assume it's a fixed selection. Which isn't too bad, brings a bit more "variety" into the races nonetheless.

Mononoke

Banned
Forza 5 shipped with 200 or so cars, 450 is nice. And like all the other Forza games, this is day one for me.

Yeah same. I've been using my Wii U 24/7 because Splatoon is dominating my life, and then PC/PS4 sometimes, but I want a reason to get pulled back to X1. Their fall lineup will def do that. Forza is going to be incredible, I can feel it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I didn't even bother with Forza 5 cause I got my xbone kinda late. I cannot wait for this and GT7.

Horizon 2 at 30fps is pretty much pseudo-60 w/ that motion blur. No doubt T10 can make 50fps looks amazing.
Not sure if serious

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
If the 3rd picture in the op is real, F6 still deals with lightning trickery since the shadows of the cars do not match the scene.

Noobcraft

Horizon 2 at 30fps is pretty much pseudo-60 w/ that motion blur. No doubt T10 can make 50fps looks amazing.
The problem is the TV refreshes at 60 hz. If they pushed a 50 fps game through 60 hz TV it would stutter, which isn't pleasant. It's likely a typo, and as this isn't an official press release I wouldn't read too much into stuff like that. The site is ridden with typos everywhere.

Top Bottom