• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

danowat

Banned
I'm willing to bet the top 3 thing is possibly down to the limitations of drivatars, they [appear] to be horribly unbalanced.

I am increasingly impressed with the physics in fast(er) cars, massively improved over 5, in previous versions of FM, slow(er) cars was where it was at, due to the high end cars highlighting the issues with the tyre and suspension model, this isn't the case in 6.

I've also found that race suspension is way too hard by default, which can exacerbate the (iffy) slip curve on slick tyres, another point about the tyres, I read that, in the wet, all tyres up to race tyres are using the same tyre model in the dry and the wet, and you only have a specfic wet tyre when using race tyres.

I also think the league rewards need work, they give you a fair few credits (I got 250'000), but I don't need credits, they are literally chucking money at me, and I don't need it, give me something else, cars, XP, heck, even mod cars........

willbsn13

I'm willing to bet the top 3 thing is possibly down to the limitations of drivatars, they [appear] to be horribly unbalanced.

I am increasingly impressed with the physics in fast(er) cars, massively improved over 5, in previous versions of FM, slow(er) cars was where it was at, due to the high end cars highlighting the issues with the tyre and suspension model, this isn't the case in 6.

I've also found that race suspension is way too hard by default, which can exacerbate the (iffy) slip curve on slick tyres, another point about the tyres, I read that, in the wet, all tyres up to race tyres are using the same tyre model in the dry and the wet, and you only have a specfic wet tyre when using race tyres.

I also think the league rewards need work, they give you a fair few credits (I got 250'000), but I don't need credits, they are literally chucking money at me, and I don't need it, give me something else, cars, XP, heck, even mod cars........

Apparently they're looking into the issues people are having with drivatars (per FM.net.forum)

Yeah the league rewards seem pretty generous, probably to entice more people to use them. I've actually enjoyed a few of the races I've had so far in leagues, but it's a little early to judge them - we'll see how they stack up when they add a few more leagues into the mix and how they cope with the influx of people getting the standard edition now.

Did a few hours of career last night, the driving has improved, more than I first realised and combined with the tyre sounds it felt like I had more awareness of what was happening on the limit.

shandy706

Enjoy the night racing so much. I hate I only get to play the game a few times a week.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Edit** Hey guys, the $60 version of Forza 6 comes with a $20 gift card at Newegg. Just saw this.

spookytapes

Neo Member
The rain has done the impossible: made Sebring interesting for me to race! It's always been my least favorite track but the rain actually adds a new dynamic to it that I really enjoy.

The rain has done the impossible: made Sebring interesting for me to race! It's always been my least favorite track but the rain actually adds a new dynamic to it that I really enjoy.

Same.

I hated coming onto the long right-hand turn after the final straight, could never take the apex properly.

negitoro7

I thought the general consensus was that Thrustmaster offer the better product, overall package and price - curious to know why you are going the Logitech route..?

Yeah I done some reading and did come to that conclusion, but the only decent thrustmaster available in Canada (as a package) is the TX which has crappier pedals and a plasticky feeling wheel. The upcoming leather TM one with the 3 pedal setup is only available for preorder on Amazon.com, and is $627 USD, which with our weak CAD, is very cost prohibitive for me. And I did read of people having quality issues with their thrustmasters.

Also very superficial is the fact that the Logitech wheel reminds me of my GTI wheel, with its chunky grips, perforated leather and flat bottom.

danowat

Banned
So Xbox Wire put up an article

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/games-...players?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Xbox One is the home for racing this generation. Between Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2, over seven million unique players have joined the Forza community, racing on Xbox One.

I assume this will include the Horizon Fast & Furious mini game or have FM5 and FH2really got 7 million in sales between them both?

I wonder if 7 million unique players would equate to 7 million sales?, I think not, otherwise they'd have said sales maybe?, probably a carefully worded sentence.

Noobcraft

I wonder if 7 million unique players would equate to 7 million sales?, I think not, otherwise they'd have said sales maybe?, probably a carefully worded sentence.
Probably went off leaderboard numbers. There are over 2 million gamertags on Forza Horizon 2's leaderboards, probably 500k or so on F&F leaderboards, and I have no idea for Forza 5.

I don't think combined sales figures of FM5+FH2+FM6 would even be over 3m.

FH2 didn't sell great at all (last figure I seen was around 400K combined US + EU) and, well, FM5 was a launch game.

RoKKeR

FH2 didn't sell great at all (last figure I seen was around 400K combined US + EU) and, well, FM5 was a launch game.
Didn't they announced that Forza 5 had a 50% attach rate after the Xbone had sold like 3 mil or so? Maybe I'm making that up.

v1ncelis

Why in the world they still can't release the game same day in both US and EU. Now I'm thinking about buying US digital version but I never did that before. Is it as easy as from PS4 (just create US account?)

danowat

Banned
Why in the world they still can't release the game same day in both US and EU. Now I'm thinking about buying US digital version but I never did that before. Is it as easy as from PS4 (just create US account?)

Easier, you don't even need to create a US account, just change region, add funds, buy, change region back, download.

lem0n

I've said this before but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how they model the interior of Magnus Walker's 277, complete with mis-matched bucket seats, frayed harnesses, chunks of foam missing etc.

I wonder if they'll model last months's dent too? :p

I feel bad for the car but he did that driving like an idiot :/

I've said this before but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how they model the interior of Magnus Walker's 277, complete with mis-matched bucket seats, frayed harnesses, chunks of foam missing etc.

Don't you fear it will look clean and like in mint condition? I wouldn't be surprised. And I wouldn't be surprised if NFS did a better job at conveying the charm of "used" neither.
(at least should the car be in there, I don't know, I just know that Magnus Walker will be in the next NFS).

Mascot

(at least should the car be in there, I don't know, I just know that Magnus Walker will be in the next NFS).

I posted a snippet of text from an EVO article a few months ago where they said 277 was being scanned for "a forthcoming Forza game" or something. The writer could indeed have got his facts wrong though - it could have been for NFS.

If you change the homespace to the paddock and let it run like a screensaver, the floor will eventually disappear and the car looks like it's floating midair.

I posted a snippet of text from an EVO article a few months ago where they said 277 was being scanned for "a forthcoming Forza game" or something. The writer could indeed have got his facts wrong though - it could have been for NFS.

Would EA be scanning cars for NFS? Doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort for them.

Played about an hour last night. Having a ton of fun already. Just from digging through menus there seems to be a healthy amount of content in this game

witness

Just an FYI, you can get the Forza controller that comes with the console bundle - but only from the Microsoft store. The rubberized grip sounds enticing, I couldn't resist.

Thank you! I was wondering why I couldn't find it on Amazon. Need a second controller anyway, and the grips sound pretty great.

Game really clicked with me last night once I started doing the motorsport showcases, specifically the V8 super car one and the 70s grand prix. Can't wait to get to those in the regular career. I do hope though T10 addresses the issue of mandatory upgrading for cars, specifically in the first two volumes. I want the cars to be scaled to what I'm driving, like FH2. I like driving cars that are very close to what they are in real life, in FH2 I pretty much just upgraded the tires, suspension, and drivetrain and left the engine alone. I was expecting this to carry over from Horizon 2.

J3ffro

£60 though.

It's $65 US, and Amazon has the standard (with 3.5mm jack) for $58, so the $7 premium seems pretty good, at least for those in the US. Not sure what the standard controller is for you guys though.

Thank you! I was wondering why I couldn't find it on Amazon. Need a second controller anyway, and the grips sound pretty great.

You're welcome, I was about to give up after combing Amazon but figured a good ol' fashioned Google search may give me something. On Microsoft's page there's a box saying it is a MS Store Exclusive - which explains the lack of Amazon.

Just an FYI, you can get the Forza controller that comes with the console bundle - but only from the Microsoft store. The rubberized grip sounds enticing, I couldn't resist.

It is really tempting, but I am probably going to grab the Elite Controller when that comes out. Since I am already spending $150 on a controller, I am not sure if I REALLY need another one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really want to have a good time and it's very disappointing that I have to go through a fuckton of handholding first.

1) Throwing me in a race before I can set my preferences is insanely obnoxious and I will never, ever accept this trend in racing games. Since it only affects the beginning of one's experience there is no way to combat it but to be vocal about it.

2) I don't appreciate tutorials talking to me. I wish I could turn all tutorials off, but for lack of that if they really insist, they should be limited to text popups I can dismiss if I can tell that I already know everything they have to say. Making me wait through 137 voice clips just in case there are one or two things I don't know is incredibly dumb.

3) I don't need philosophical videos on racing or what the different forms are about. Making these unskippable is incredibly pretentious.

The truly maddening thing is that it seems like these will continue for god knows how long until there is simply nothing new left in the game to formally introduce to me. This really, really, really, really all should be be an option to turn off if there is a save file with over 100 hours of other Forza game on my Xbone. Not being so, in itself, would dock this game a full point if I were writing a review for it.

Starting off on a bad foot because you can't get over yourselves or trust me.

Hawk269

Man, I just want to drive Formula E cars ALL THE TIME.

They feel so great and relaxing.

It's glorious. I brought mine home last night. The power on sound effect is fantastic. My Wife got a good chuckle out of it. Love the controller, the grip material on the backside feels really good.

NeoGIF

I am in such awe everytime I take a spin around the Rio De Janeiro track, especially reversed. The airplane flying by and just so much to see as you're racing.

By far, my most favorite track, followed by Prague.

sub_mart

Neo Member
I
The truly maddening thing is that it seems like these will continue for god knows how long until there is simply nothing new left in the game to formally introduce to me. This really, really, really, really all should be be an option to turn off if there is a save file with over 100 hours of other Forza game on my Xbone. Not being so, in itself, would dock this game a full point if I were writing a review for it.

Starting off on a bad foot because you can't get over yourselves or trust me.

Totally agree, absolutely no need of this crap.

Also do not understand why it is so hard to load my default preferences from either of the other 2 forza games on the drive. Had to totally change my playstyle for the first race and qualifying events till i was allowed to go back and set the effing clutch on A..

Noobcraft

I'd guess that combined it's easily over 3M for the series this gen. 2 million leaderboard entries in Forza Horizon 2 doesn't mean 2 million sales, but it's probably not *that* far off. I don't know how it did on the 360.

Top Bottom