• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7. A look at some tracks, Forza Horizon 3 skies, Dynamic weather

Ristifer

Please don't change my tires mid-race. If you're going to have dynamic elements that are unpredictable in the race, then why should the race consist of predictable driving that auto-adjusts for you?

I really hope that isn't the case.

Theorry

Please don't change my tires mid-race. If you're going to have dynamic elements that are unpredictable in the race, then why should the race consist of predictable driving that auto-adjusts for you?

I really hope that isn't the case.

Its probaby a option. There is a big casual market and now with dynamic weather in campaign it can be abit to confusing for casual players. Who have less of a clue when switching tyres etc.
There is also a option for grip outside of the circuit wich you can toggle. Making the grass more grippy so less change to spin.

Maybe Helios can give a answer?

JlNX

at 3.22.. The way the clouds appear is quite strange ... like a dissolve in video..

7rbX9en.gif

Basically it's only three laps and the game wants to change weather quickly so it speeds up the sky video. If you do a 24 hour race it will just move in real time at the speed it was captured. Likewise if the dynamic weather chooses for the entirety of the race that its clear then it will also move in real time at the speed of capture.

GHG

Its probaby a option. There is a big casual market and now with dynamic weather in campaign it can be abit to confusing for casual players. Who have less of a clue when switching tyres etc.
There is also a option for grip outside of the circuit wich you can toggle. Making the grass more grippy so less change to spin.

Maybe Helios can give a answer?

Wtf...

I'm all for easing new players into racing games but we need to draw the line somewhere. You should at the very least be punished for going off track.

Wow, they finally added a zoomed in cockpit camera. Really love that since there are cars where really 50% of the screen was blocked by the cockpit. I prefer driving in cockpit camera, but on some cars it was really hard to use

shandy706

Looks pretty nice also in the Porsche. It also a way more realistic look. In real life you dont see the wheel also and you look over it.

TenderGentleIberiannase.gif

I'm hoping to have a standalone (its own screen) setup for my racing seat/wheel in my new house. This is going to look amazing with that camera view.

at 3.22.. The way the clouds appear is quite strange ... like a dissolve in video..

7rbX9en.gif
Clouds "just appear" in real life too. The only reason it happens so quick in that gif is because, as others have said, the race is on an accelerated timescale which makes the weather run quicker.

I try not to be too critical of games but Jesus T10. Can they fix the damn arms and hands already? How many years has it been? They look so terrible. It's as if a zombie is driving or something.

Looking at PC2 and F1 and you see how hands can look so much better. Plus those games give a better representation of fighting a steering wheel during cornering and oversteer. Not this sterile crap T10 keeps giving us.

/Rant

Theorry

I try not to be too critical of games but Jesus T10. Can they fix the damn arms and hands already? How many years has it been? They look so terrible. It's as if a zombie is driving or something.

Looking at PC2 and F1 and you see how hands can look so much better. Plus those games give a better representation of fighting a steering wheel during cornering and oversteer. Not this sterile crap T10 keeps giving us.

/Rant

Think it looks pretty good. Maybe its the Radical car. But in the Porsche it looks pretty good to me.

QzvK0Qo.gif

ggbgD2g.gif

Think it looks pretty good. Maybe its the Radical car. But in the Porsche it looks pretty good to me.

QzvK0Qo.gif

ggbgD2g.gif

The hold looks okay if you only see the hand but if you see the arm as well it doesn't look so hot IMO. Powerful cars also makes the driver fight for control sometimes and I don't thing the hand depicts that well.

KdotIX

The hold looks okay if you only see the hand but if you see the arm as well it doesn't look so hot IMO. Powerful cars also makes the driver fight for control sometimes and I don't thing the hand depicts that well.

Let's not forget that these screens grabs are probably from show floors where:

1. The user is maybe playing with a pad
  2. There are probably assists turned on

Hopefully, when we see footage from a player playing on a wheel with all assists off, it should make those hands and arms look more "alive" at the wheel of a powerful car. If they still look a bit lifeless, then I would be worried because not only would that be a missed visual nuance, but it might also speak volumes about the "improved FFB".

Sebmugi

Yes I know the technique but I did not see that we could choose the speed of time .. except the fact that it remains of the 2D animated rendering is nice, as in FH3 ;)

Skunkers

Wow, they finally added a zoomed in cockpit camera. Really love that since there are cars where really 50% of the screen was blocked by the cockpit. I prefer driving in cockpit camera, but on some cars it was really hard to use

Holy shit, game of the forever.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
A nitpick but dear me the steering wheel rotation being so little looks bad here. The second gif looks like a hairpin and the wheel barely rotates.

With the oversteer from the back end that looks about right, to me.

Top Bottom