• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 PC Requirements

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-motorsport-7-official-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 2 GB
Processor: Intel i5-750 2.67 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 740 or NVIDIA GTX 650 or AMD R7 250X

Recommended
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 4 GB
Processor: Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti

Edit: Pointed out that the space needed on the HDD was missing...100GB

Kolibri

Not too bad. Could run on a mid-range PC.

Also, Integrated Keyboard and Mouse?.... Like they have to be attached to my PC? Whut?

Theorry

So happy that (real) Forza is coming to PC.
Great to hear also that every PC wheel is supported. Like they said at the PC show.

Eldon

If it's gonna run like Forza Horizon 3 after the last patch, I'm gonna buy it Day 1.
Forza Horizon 3 runs beautifully on an RX 480 in 21:9

LordRaptor

What the heck is integrated keyboard?

mpRFtFb.png

J3ffro

That looks great, lots of people are going to be able to play it - but I'm having flashbacks to FH3 having major issues, even if your computer well exceeded specs. Hopefully they have that ironed out at launch, or shortly after.

The Stig

I know it doesn't really say much but the performance I got out of Forza 6 apex was crazy.

I had everything up at max and the framerates were colossal (1080p, GTX1060, i5 6600k).

Im really looking forward to this.

_Aaron_

Forza 6 Apex didn't run too good on my system (GTX 770, i5 3570k). Alot of stuttering and hitching. Haven't tried it for a while though so maybe they improved those issues.

Gestault

Those seem totally reasonable, and in the ballpark of Forza 6 Apex. That ran really well on a range of system. The current build of Horizon 3 is also a good sign.

Forza 6 Apex didn't run too good on my system (GTX 770, i5 3570k). Alot of stuttering and hitching. Haven't tried it for a while though so maybe they improved those issues.

I know for sure there was a memory leak that led to more and more stuttering the longer you played, which they addressed a little while back. That stutter could get pretty bad.

So happy that (real) Forza is coming to PC.
Great to hear also that every PC wheel is supported. Like they said at the PC show.

You bastard.

=)

I've slowly drifted to being a bigger Horizon fan as it just feels more "fun" (whatever that means) and after years of being a core Forza fan. Too sterile for me now.

Will be very curious if they do some sort of f2p "Apex" version of this one.

That's nuts considering how Horizon 3 went.

Horizon 3 played fine for me since the blizzard update and I hear hot wheels was a positive significant update for most but the game was buggy prior to that. Not in a minimal way either.

It always felt like MS shifted gears with play anywhere. You could tell since phil said no plans for quantum break on pc then six months later it was announced and released on pc. Hardly much time to give dev teams time to iron things out. I'd bet fh3's team and its engine had ms drop in telling them to include pc near the end as well. Gears 4 uses unreal which pc has had history with across several games for a long time. So that came out fine. Forzatech had apex but that wasn't the open world game that horizon 3 is and the engine was likely built ground up for the Xbox. Quantum break uses north light which debuted with that game also like oriented for Xbox. Though the steam version saw significant improvements but that was after they worked on it more.

Still, no telling what the future holds. But it would make sense that if they include the pc version at the start of development vs deciding to make one mid to late development, a better product might result.

Theorry

That's nuts considering how Horizon 3 went.

Open world racer and circuit racer are different offcourse. Apex ran better overall.
But the games share offcourse code. So i am sure everything that Horizon did to optimize it will be in Forza 7.

You bastard.

=)

I've slowly drifted to being a bigger Horizon fan as it just feels more "fun" (whatever that means) and after years of being a core Forza fan. Too sterile for me now.

Will be very curious if they do some sort of f2p "Apex" version of this one.

I ment with "real Forza" not a f2p version. :)

I think I ran Apex on a 970 at max, 1440/60. Never tried 4K.

Those requirements seem pretty good. Even mediocre rigs will be able to run the game well. A GT 740 is a real crapola card. Scalable pc games are the best.

qatak

Neo Member
That looks great, lots of people are going to be able to play it - but I'm having flashbacks to FH3 having major issues, even if your computer well exceeded specs. Hopefully they have that ironed out at launch, or shortly after.

Pretty sure it got some really good patches... I play w/ a 1070 and get a rock solid 60fps at 1440p now on ultra. looking forward to Forza 7 running just as well.

This is definitely a "wait for the PC performance thread" title for me. I got a refund for Horizon 3 because it ran so poorly on my 970.

Theorry

This is definitely a "wait for the PC performance thread" title for me. I got a refund for Horizon 3 because it ran so poorly on my 970.

Hopefully they update the Horizon 3 demo soon with the latest patch. Helios said they were planning it. Would be a pretty smart thing to do.

KdotIX

This is very nice. Hopefully its very well optimised with what they have learnt from FH3. I think I also read that FM7 was "build from the ground up to work on PC"? Could be just marketing speak though.

Anyway, I'll take it. Will be good to run FM7 on my current rig (i5 2500k + GTX 1070) then build a brand new one ready for FH4.

chadskin

will my GTX 960 run this ok?

The GTX 960 is only minimally slower than the recommended GTX 1050 Ti, so yes, *should* be fine at 1080p/60fps if the PC version isn't a poorly optimized stinker.

Looking at the requirements for Apex, it appears FM7 is a little less hardware hungry which hopefully bodes well.

Well those specs are very conservative compared to Forza Horizon 3 and other recent Xbox One ports like Gears of War 4. I can't imagine this running very well on those older cards if the game performs anything like FH3. I don't think most people are going to want to put 100GB of one game on their SSD to get the game to run well either.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on what the recommended and minimum specs are respectively targeting. I hope this all means that this game is well-optimized.

this also makes the fact they are sticking with 1TB drives for the X look bad considering just Forza 7 itself may take up over 10% of the drive (since you never get the full 1TB anyway)...was expecting them to go with 2TB at least but nope

Top Bottom