• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Monthly (May) | New tyre collisions, curbs, compounds, fuel etc

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Who said that though? Pretty sure Turn 10 didn't say that.

Ok, but what does it mean? Are they saying GT is no longer competing/trying to compete with us, so we are now in a position where we need to reinvent ourselves?
I don't get it ether. To me GT Sport is doing it's thing and it's great on it's own at any level. However Forza Horizon 4 is among my all time favorite racing games, absolutely adore it.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Random Question - Do people still call it "Fort-Za" Motorsport?

I hate when people pronounce it like that.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
That's.... How is pronounced. It's Italian.
GIF by Kim's Convenience

The exact opposite.
Hes saying GT are putting in work(The opposite of playing) so they(Turn 10) need to up their game to keep up with what GT is doing.
From what I remember, GT Sport was lambasted for its lack of content and because everyone knew it was just a full-price stop-gap until GT7 releases.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
From what I remember, GT Sport was lambasted for its lack of content and because everyone knew it was just a full-price stop-gap until GT7 releases.
At launch?
GT Sport ended up being a very competent game.
And likely devs talk to each other, it is known poly aint playing around with GT7, so the Forza Motorsport guys know they gotta up their game as well.

At launch?
GT Sport ended up being a very competent game.
And likely devs talk to each other, it is known poly aint playing around with GT7, so the Forza Motorsport guys know they gotta up their game as well.

Agreed. Had GT Sport launched with the level of content it currently has (+ quality of life updates), it would have had a totally different reception.

In reality, it took us nearly 2 years from launch to get there, though. I was able to buy GT Sport at a massive discount (60-65% off) only weeks after launch. Props to Polyphony to releasing all this extra content for free though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Agreed. Had GT Sport launched with the level of content it currently has (+ quality of life updates), it would have had a totally different reception.

In reality, it took us nearly 2 years from launch to get there, though. I was able to buy GT Sport at a massive discount (60-65% off) only weeks after launch. Props to Polyphony to releasing all this extra content for free though.

Absolutely.
People who only played at launch would be shocked at how different a game it is right now.

Danknugz

Microsoft seems like they can’t decide on sim vs arcade. Forza is definitely sim Cade and not full sim but they’re always talking about sim stuff like these new tire compounds and realistic fuel levels. I’m not sure how much impact that’s going to have for people who expect a mostly arcade, no fuss experience. Regardless still looking forward to it.

Catphish

Is there going to be VR implementation? Because if not, I have no reason to bother. The VR experience is so good in PC2 and ACC (especially ACC), that no dev, especially one as established and accomplished as T10, has any real excuse not to provide it.

Banned
Every Forza since 4 has claimed a new tire model. It's almost a running gag at this point.

Also, I would bet money on this being totally online-focused.

they literally explain how it is different tho... 1 contact point at 60hz vs 8 points at 360hz

Fox Mulder

"GT is not playing any more"

What does that mean?

probably talking about how serious they’re taking GT as competition now. GT Sports frankly embarrassed Forza 7 with depth in actual racing strategies and regulations while Forza had magic tires that changed in the rain and rammer filled racing lobbies.

GT Sports dunked on Forzas esports efforts by getting FIA sanctioned esports, which even attracted big Forza streamers away like SuperGT. GT Sports was also a GaaS platform where they added tracks and cars for free for the life of the game.

I hope they both bring it. Forza always has a more western car lineup with stuff I enjoy.

Last edited:

Danknugz

Is there going to be VR implementation? Because if not, I have no reason to bother. The VR experience is so good in PC2 and ACC (especially ACC), that no dev, especially one as established and accomplished as T10, has any real excuse not to provide it.
There is hope, as they implemented VR for fs2020. But I’m not holding my breath

lem0n

I feel like I've heard this song and dance many times before. They boast about a new tire model every couple of games, or am I mis-remembering? There's lots of talent at Turn10 so I know they can create a hell of a game when they want (or are given the time to) but they always come out with a banger and then coast for a few years just recycling tracks and cars and adding small improvements here and there. I need an all new Forza Motorsport with a new lighting engine, better tire model, new cars, new tracks, more features to make the racing more competitive. I don't want to play FM5 with amazing graphics, I want to play something that feels fresh and new. Time will tell if this new title will be more what I'm hoping for, or more of the same bullshit just with shinier graphics.

What always pisses me off the most though, is how lazy they are about adding proper car models. We've had the same Gallardo and Subaru 22B for what seems like the beginning. They still use older models of cars that have been replaced or upgraded, like McLaren 720S vs 765LT. Infiniti Q60 is still a concept car. I know it costs time and money to go and make fresh car models and get sound recordings off the exhaust, but don't they have a team for that? It may seem petty, but for a complete car nerd, this shit is important.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Feels like Motorsports is still a ways off. They’re building a whole new game and engine, don’t even think it’s been listed as running on last gen consoles.

Forza Horizon 5 will surely get announced at e3 and maybe even for release this year. They’re still supporting FH4 with new cars, but a new game on the current engine would make sense instead of waiting for after Motorsports. Save Japan for FH6 running on the new forzatech engine.

100% this, which I think its the right decision.

JLB

Banned
I assume they've been unable to implement it because of the lack of resources on last gen consoles. If there's no dynamic weather in the new FM, it's a huge disappoinment to be honest!

FM7 has some sort of baked in dynamic weather, but yeah, it would a disappointment, specially considering that its a given that there will be some sort of ray tracing here.

scalman

Sounds great so we can assume its coming out this autumn then? I mean they took long time now with it.
Hope they wont go too much into online races there. I need those events, more like fm4 had . Those where great

Last edited:
Top Bottom