• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza motorsport (next-gen) is being internally tested. Will be a closed playtest feedback coming...

ultrazilla

dOjDfUO.gif

Phase

After trying all of the recent racing games my favorite is GT Sport. It's weird because I didn't think I would enjoy it since I usually love very deep career modes and customization, but to me it's the perfect balance between arcade and simulation (at least physics-wise and mechanically). If we could get a GT style game with city streets a la Project Gotham and a good career mode I would be in love.

Methos#1975

What i dont understand is why some poeple feel certain we are getting Horizon 5 this fall, when it hasnt even been announced yet. This is surely coming first right, and it sounds like this is probably later than this fall.
Maybe but the past Horizon wasn't announced till a few months before launch either so it's a possibility

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
I'm not a fan or racers but I love spending a few hours in Forza admiring the graphics and these guys always knock the graphics out of the park. The latest one (horizon?) looks sucking fuperb
That latest one "Horizon 4" was a ton on fun too! But main game "Motorsport" looks like don't know were it's going and what it wants to be (what experience it presents to people).
Don't wanna to start an old wars again but GT is lazer-sharp in this regard, IMO. Again "Horizon" series are amazing!

Alright

Banned
That latest one "Horizon 4" was a ton on fun too! But main game "Motorsport" looks like don't know were it's going and what it wants to be (what experience it presents to people).
Don't wanna to start an old wars again but GT is lazer-sharp in this regard, IMO. Again "Horizon" series are amazing!
Thanks for clarifying that.

I just download the new ones from GP and don't pay much attention to the title other than Forza, but yeah it's straight beautiful. Contender for best looking game of last gen, for sure.

eso76

What i dont understand is why some poeple feel certain we are getting Horizon 5 this fall, when it hasnt even been announced yet. This is surely coming first right, and it sounds like this is probably later than this fall.

The last several Forza's (both Motorsport and Horizon) were announced at E3 and released around Oct of the same year, so technically we can't rule out Horizon 5 in 2021 yet. But Motorsport was announced last year and in many ways it would make a lot more sense, especially with Motorsport being a platform that's going to receive constant updates and new content over the generation.
Grubb is generally reliable though, so that's weird.

Danknugz

Used to be a huuuuge forza fan and I always found it cringey when people say they c an “never go back to pancake gaming” after VR, but now that I have my VR legs for racing I’ve got to say I agree at least with racers. I know it’s a pipe dream but VR implementation is really them only thing I’m going to be excited about, multiplayer on flat 2d will be fun for a month or two and the career will be good as always but nothing like a true native Vr implementation (on PC of course)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Good to see it's moving along. I have a lot of other racing sims to play, Automobilista 2, Assetto Corsa, ACC, RaceRoom, R Factor 2, etc, but the Forza Motorsport games always seem to end up being my go-to series.

Last edited:

GHG

giphy.gif

Good to see it's moving along. I have a lot of other racing sims to play, Automobilista 2, Assetto Corsa, ACC, RaceRoom, R Factor 2, etc, but the Forza Motorsport games always seem to end up being my go-to series.

One of those games is not like the others...

jaysius

Banned
I hope they put some real AI in it and not the excuse that there's "drivatars" which aren't really the driving of your Xbox friends, it's just smoke and mirrors for their shitty AI. The AI PERFECTLY drives the line, nobody really drives like that, we stray and vary sometimes also the AI takes the EXACT SAME SHAPE of packs EVERY FUCKING TIME. Get some REAL AI.

nkarafo

Forza 7 was the most janky racing game i played. Ugly cardboard trees in an otherwise beautiful, photo-realistic environment, wheels not turning in replays, front-lights being turned ON all the time, horrible lag and stuttering while navigating it's menus....

It was a mess. So i don't have much hope for this one either.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No doubt the Forza Horizon games get way more attention and sales, but the last circuit racer was F7 in 2017. Hoping F8 comes out before Horizon 5. Because if it doesn't, Forza 8 would probably be +2 years after it.

Last edited:
Forza 7 was the most janky racing game i played. Ugly cardboard trees in an otherwise beautiful, photo-realistic environment, wheels not turning in replays, front-lights being turned ON all the time, horrible lag and stuttering while navigating it's menus....

It was somewhat of a disappointment, in fact I feel they've been going down hill since the brilliant Forza 4. At least this one has a decent development time as the last 3 have been made in 2 years I believe.

It was built with Jaguar CPUs in mind. Let's see what happens.

MonarchJT

Banned

probably but the only real contender in the console world was GT on ps, but the last one was so much a failure that in comparison forza 7 looked like a masterpiece

Greeno

Well, it seems that this isn't actually coming out first. According to Jeff Grubb, there is a large chance that Horizon 5 is coming out this year and that is logical considering 3 years had passed from the last entry (and they seem to be using their own version of the ForzaTech engine).

sncvsrtoip

probably but the only real contender in the console world was GT on ps, but the last one was so much a failure that in comparison forza 7 looked like a masterpiece
nope, gt sport has like no real competition in simcade genre on consoles (f7 is not even close with terrible wheel support and much worse multiplayer, watch df analysis gts vs f7, graphicaly gts is also better)

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I want BeamNG levels of deformation, but we are probably another few generations away from that in simcade racers :messenger_pensive:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
After trying all of the recent racing games my favorite is GT Sport. It's weird because I didn't think I would enjoy it since I usually love very deep career modes and customization, but to me it's the perfect balance between arcade and simulation (at least physics-wise and mechanically). If we could get a GT style game with city streets a la Project Gotham and a good career mode I would be in love.

I love GT Sport for its online racing and more sim like racing, but it sounds like you should try the Forza Horizon series. Open world, beautiful tracks, and plenty to do. Plus it has some of the most fun dlc around. Lego and hot wheels have been highlights.

I want this new Forza game to be good, but I get that all the Xbox Pne mainline entries have been bad compared to the 360 releases.

ZywyPL

Banned
nope, gt sport has like no real competition in simcade genre on consoles (f7 is not even close with terrible wheel support and much worse multiplayer, watch df analysis gts vs f7, graphicaly gts is also better)

To each their own, for me the lack of proper campaign mode and severe lack of cars/tracks completely disqualifies GT:S in my eyes, despite having the best, most enjoyable driving model there is. Forza on the other hand does many things right, but for some reason lacks that magical feeling GT series has, it's just feels sort of soulless. If only we could merge the best parts of both franchises... So I'm curious to see what they'll both achieve on the new consoles, where they won't be limited by Jaguar CPU anymore.

eso76

Well, it seems that this isn't actually coming out first. According to Jeff Grubb, there is a large chance that Horizon 5 is coming out this year and that is logical considering 3 years had passed from the last entry (and they seem to be using their own version of the ForzaTech engine).

Well but 4 years have passed since the last Motorsport, and since Horizon uses a modified version of ForzaTech, which is apparently being significantly overhauled for the next Motorsport it would make sense for Horizon 5 engine to be based on the next gen version of ForzaTech.
But I'm happy with either tbh

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It did not beat Forza 7 at all for graphics. Forza 7 had more cans on track, weather systems and on the One X run at a Native 4K at 60 FPS

Forza is the better “idealized” graphics while GT Sport felt like real locations to me. Forza felt like an artists rendition of what real life looks like.

Also 4K doesn’t really mean much in terms of “better graphics”.

Last edited:
Excited to see it, but Forza Horizon is what I’m excited about.
Forza Motorsport is fine, but after GT Sport I’m back on the Gran Turismo train which is funny because I dropped GT for Motorsport for awhile despite generally disliking the car selection of the Forza series (too supercar focused, I want stuff like Chasers, Stageas, Cappuccinos, etc).

That being said Forza Horizon 4 is my favorite racing game since Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Forza is the better “idealized” graphics while GT Sport felt like real locations to me. Forza felt like an artists rendition of what real life looks like.

Also 4K doesn’t really mean much in terms of “better graphics”.
Graphics are subjective, yes. But Forza 7 is having to handle more cars on the track, weather effects and on the One X did it all running at a Native 4k at 60 FPS A stunning technical achievement
I was more impressed with Forza 7 on my One X to GT Sports on my Pro.

Umbasaborne

Banned
It really blows that we have no great new first party racers to welcome the new generation with. Its insane that there hasnt been a new motorsport in 3 years

Top Bottom