• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport - Official Announce Trailer

Birdo

Banned
"Early development" kills the launch release rumour, I guess.

Probably holiday 2021.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Forza should be a launch title.

They literally just tweeted that it's in "Early development". How is this a launch title?

EDIT: Not sure if you mean "Should" as in "It should still be coming", or "Should" as in "I wish it was".

Last edited:

CamHostage

Early in development? What were they doing for the last 3 years? That's it? That's all you have to show us?
Yeah, I really thought the Series X launch was going to have the 1-2 punch of Halo and Forza (haven't we been hearing about Forza 8 for like 2 years now?) I'm more a Horizon guy so it doesn't matter to me, but it would have been nice if this was further along.

Dontero

Banned
"Early development" kills the launch release rumour, I guess.

Probably holiday 2021.

Shit. So they will work on it 4 years then. Looks like they are going for GT legacy i guess.. It really doesn't make sense why this is not launch title if true. They took extra year specially for it.

Last edited:
D0hgcI4X4AI0T2V.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Early in development? What were they doing for the last 3 years? That's it? That's all you have to show us?

For the last decade they've been doing incremental upgrades so they could maintain a regular release schedule. It's clear whatever's cooking it's going to require a new engine and new assets and that takes time. Once it's done they can go back to their 2-year cycle.

scalman

so its just teaser not even a trailer... does that mean they not ready yet for next gen console line up ? but i believe in it . hope buying old cars and city cars will be a thing still. 700 plus cars must be in it.
but not even real trailer or real gameplay ... shame , it could kill GT7 but it didint for some unknown reason .
i remember they allways had proper trailers for previous forza games.

Last edited:

sonyfifa

i spotted low quality rt reflections, i guess they couldnt use all those cu's because its cross platform. vroem vroem.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Only series X and pc interesting, now they have no excuse to not include dynamic tod and weather. It looked really good, the only game that i was impressed with. The lighting and reflections where insane.

i spotted low quality rt reflections, i guess they couldnt use all those cu's because its cross platform. vroem vroem.
What low quality reflections?

Dontero

Banned
Well they didn't show anything. Some garage shots no one will see in released game (like previous forza games) and some super short angled gameplay shot which shows nothing other than some pavement and dof cars.

I expected full blowout not teaser.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The game is in early stages of development? What? So no Forza in 2020, just a slight graphics bump for FH4?

It will be hilarious if GT7 comes out before the next FM game.

Business

My worst kind of trailer. Just some meaningless close ups and to top it off the weight of the cars doesn't look very realistic. Doesn't help that the sounds are overblown / disconnected from the action.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
yeah i really do wonder why they even bothered to release that trailer. They should keep it under wraps longer and start PR when game will be ready to launch next year.

skneogaf

If the game does definitely look like this then this is the best looking game I've ever seen. I absolutely love racing games which is why I have a full racing simulator and I'm very interested how this looks.

The trees are how trees are for the first time ever in a racing game.

The ray tracing reflections are excellent.

The colour pallette is perfect.

I'm more impressed with this than gran turismo.

scalman

and i thought and believe that f8 will crush GT7 with gameplay trailer as allways ,,, but no ,, so now im not sure about this game...it allways had real trailers ... and now its not

sonyfifa

Only series X and pc interesting, now they have no excuse to not include dynamic tod and weather. It looked really good, the only game that i was impressed with. The lighting and reflections where insane.

What low quality reflections?
red helmet really obvious.
2vTFhXT.jpg

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
red helmet really obvious.
2vTFhXT.jpg
Lol, thats not low quality, its distortion effect wich is actually even more advanced than standard sharp reflections in RT.
racing-driver-wearing-crash-helmet-in-supercar-E424W3.jpg

14230823424.jpg

See like in here, the closer to the object the sharper the reflections get like in RL, and the reflection sharpness also depends on the surface and material. Not everything is super shiney remember that. Even DF said that it was harder to do reflections in this way than the standard sharp RT reflections like they analysed in Control.
50144937271_f62451b51a_o.png

sonyfifa

Lol, thats not low quality, its distortion effect wich is actually even more advanced than standard sharp reflections in RT.
racing-driver-wearing-crash-helmet-in-supercar-E424W3.jpg

14230823424.jpg

See like in here, the closer to the object the sharper the reflections get like in RL, and the reflection sharpness also depends on the surface and material. Not everything is super shiney remember that. Even DF said that it was harder to do reflections in this way than the standard sharp RT reflections like they analysed in Control.
50144937271_f62451b51a_o.png
i want sharper rt not distorted/grainy. like in the amd tech demo.

Top Bottom