• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Vs. Gran Turismo. Better Sim Franchise? -poll-

Better Sim Franchise?

• Total voters

ethomaz

Banned
And your source for this is?

Because 5.5 million is for players and players don't = sales, and if it was the fastest selling GT PP would have said so and wouldn't have said a few months ago it was trying to "imporve" sales.

Also we would see it in higher places in JP and Euro charts.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-12-10-gran-turismo-5-sells-5-5m-units

Actually it shipped 5.5m in few days.

About GTS yes it was in the UK chart most of time this year... it was even in the TOP10 some times (https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index...p&ct=110032&arch=t&lyr=2018&year=2018&week=24).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
That's for Gran turismo 5 not GT sport.
You quoted GT5 lol

"GT5 shipped 5.5m in less than a month... it is the fastest selling GT game of all time. " (I corrected after because it shipped 5.5m in few days)

You are mixing shipment with sell-through since your first post and I'm correcting you every single time... 80.4m is sell-through... 77.02m is sell-in (all previous GTs data is sell-in)... sell-through is always lower than sell-in.

Sep 30, 2017: ??.?m sell-thought / 77.02m sell-in
May 5, 2018: 80.4m sell-thought / ??.?m sell-in

That shows that at the time the sales of the franchise was way bigger than 3.38m and that depends how much the sell-through was at Sep 30, 2017.

? 76.5m sell-though as Sep 30, 2017 = 3.9m sell-thought sales after GTS launch
? 76.0m sell-though as Sep 30, 2017 = 4.4m sell-thought sales after GTS launch
? 75.5m sell-though as Sep 30, 2017 = 4.9m sell-thought sales after GTS launch

There is a big unknown variables to work.

What we do know is that actually GTS surpassed 6.7 million unique profiles (including beta... 6m without beta).

Last edited:
You quoted GT5 lol

"GT5 shipped 5.5m in less than a month... it is the fastest selling GT game of all time. " (I corrected after because it shipped 5.5m in few days)

You are mixing shipment with sell-through since your first post and I'm correcting you every single time... 80.4m is sell-through... 77.02m is sell-in (all previous GTs data is sell-in)... sell-through is always lower than sell-in.

Sep 30, 2017: ??.?m sell-thought / 77.02m sell-in
May 5, 2018: 80.4m sell-thought / ??.?m sell-in

That shows that at the time the sales of the franchise was way bigger than 3.38m and that depends how much the sell-through was at Sep 30, 2017.

You're confusing GTS with GT5, you said that GTS sold over 5 million in a year.

ethomaz

Banned
You're confusing GTS with GT5, you said that GTS sold over 5 million in a year.
Nope I did not confuse anything...

I said: GTS probably sold 5 million in the first year
You said: that makes GTS the fastest seller game in the franchise
I said: GT5 is the fastest seller game in the franchise with 5.5m shipped in less than a month
You asked: Source for the GT5 fastest seller game in the franchise?
I posted the link.

Even with 5 million in a year GTS is not even close to be the fastest seller game in the franchise.

Last edited:
Nope I did not confuse anything...

I said: GTS probably sold 5 million in the first year
You said: that makes GTS the fastest seller game in the franchise
I said: GT5 is the fastest seller game in the franchise with 5.5m shipped in less than a month
You said: Source?
I posted the link.

Even with 5 million in a year GTS is not even close to be the fastest seller game in the franchise.

The year is over yet for one.

Secondly, the likely hood of GTS currently being above 5 million doesn't make much sense. If it was GT would have said so or wouldn't have been hinting at GTS not doing as well as they hoped. They have never been quiet with any previous GT game, and looking at Euro, Japan, and NA charts it's has been lower than where GT5 was, so if Gt5 was the fastest there's no way Sport is near it.

ethomaz

Banned
The year is over yet for one.

Secondly, the likely hood of GTS currently being above 5 million doesn't make much sense. If it was GT would have said so or wouldn't have been hinting at GTS not doing as well as they hoped. They have never been quiet with any previous GT game, and looking at Euro, Japan, and NA charts it's has been lower than where GT5 was, so if Gt5 was the fastest there's no way Sport is near it.
GT games used to sell 5 million in a month.

GTS probably sold 5 million in a year... why grab about it?

You talk about GT5 but GT5 is the second best selling GT ever and if it was not for GT3 being bundled for every single PS2 at launch in US (7 million units shipped due bundle to US) it could be the best selling... it holds the fastest selling game in the franchise because it reached over 10m faster than GT3.

GTS is nowhere selling like GT5 lol

GTS is still selling way ahead GT6 that took years (4 years?) to reach 5.2m shipped.

Bonus: GTS profiles by country as of Sep 27, 2018 (UK sales matches with around 600k copies sold there at the same period... Japan is another country that matches the data with little difference... the others countries we don't have data so I can't compare).

Code:
us 815595
gb 627078
de 540458
fr 514070
es 329525
jp 327866
it 300593
au 168098
nl 149649
hk 138238
ru 128047
br 117125
ca 112792
be 109152
pl 107531
sa 81594
pt 78348
tw 69020
kr 56887
ch 55043
ar 52993
at 48856
dk 48404
se 47618
fi 45687
gr 44256
no 40737
cz 39609
tr 39060
mx 37115
nz 29532
ie 28008
ae 27268
za 27104
cl 23311
hu 22675
hr 20658
my 18360
th 15568
ro 13785
cn 13415
sk 12280
co 12201
ua 12168
sg 12040
id 11790
bg 9573
pe 8346
in 8046
il 7076
kw 5905
lu 5466
qa 4586
si 4551
cr 4458
om 4151
uy 2991
pa 2805
cy 2649
bh 2561
ec 2376
gt 2202
mt 1835
is 1655
lb 1604
sv 1008
hn 571
bo 541
py 467
ni 211

Last edited:
The funny thing is that no one is really happy with the latest Forza Motorsport installment hence why they're basically redoing the whole game.

https://gamingbolt.com/forza-motorsport-7-redoing-force-feedback-collisions-handling-and-more

This statement is nonsense. I'm really happy with Forza Motorsport 7. There are probably many more. Additionally, according to the very article you linked, they are not "redoing the whole game". They are focusing on improving and updating an already great game. Sort of like Sony is doing with GTS updates... This is a good thing. For both games.

Gran Turismo Sport is definitely the superior game at this time.

But Sony is also trying to improve the game by updating it, no? By your logic that should mean that no one is really happy with the latest GT game. I'm kidding of course. However, a more pertinent point regarding physics (which is important for a sim and on topic): Is GTS ever going to have a proper tire model? A proper mechanical damage model? A proper weather model? I think these are very important and I would welcome the addition/refinement of this in GTS. I think this would make it a much better game and address some shortcomings as compared to Forza Motorsport.

ethomaz

Banned
But Sony is also trying to improve the game by updating it, no? By your logic that should mean that no one is really happy with the latest GT game. I'm kidding of course. However, a more pertinent point regarding physics (which is important for a sim and on topic): Is GTS ever going to have a proper tire model? A proper mechanical damage model? A proper weather model? I think these are very important and I would welcome the addition/refinement of this in GTS. I think this would make it a much better game and address some shortcomings as compared to Forza Motorsport.
GTS is made like GAAS game... so every month you will indeed receive a new update (until when? I don't know).

When were the last time you played GTS? They updated a new tyre model in late September.... what you mean about proper mechanical damage model? There is mechanical damage in GTS. Weather I don't know... they have weather conditions but not dynamic weather changes or dynamic TOD changes (neither Forza 7 has) like they have with GT5/6... the engine uses dynamic lighting so implement dynamic TOD is not something out of question but why? I don't know.

I think the biggest question here is what the focus of GTS? They really needs to focus in dynamic weather/TOD with how they are changing the genre? Maybe it is just a matter of priorities... remember GTS is the most polished GT game released different from previous games (do you remember how GT5/6 was released? It was mess and took months to fix performance that never get there at the end).

The praise GTS is getting for what it is doing for the genre is unbelievable... people are starting to watch GTS tournaments like they watch Formula 1.... it is really crazy.

So what is the gold PD set for GTS? They seems to be reaching it.

Last edited:

sn0man

I disagree with you about GTS being complete too. It lacks many of the things every other game in the category has included this gen, and it's predecessor included. No weather, no night racing, no damage model. Though I don't own GTS, I have played it on my friend's PS4 for a few hours deciding if I was willing to get a PS4 for it. It didn't convince me like it's predecessors would have. I have every other GT game, and I've enjoyed every one of them until GT5 hit and it started losing it's charm. Each game added something missing from the previous game. I bought my own PS for GT as it was the first game like it I'd ever seen. GT2 added so many cars, so many places to race. GT3 released and I bought a PS2 for it. It cut back on content but the visuals and the handling saw huge upgrades. I'd compare it to Forza 5, less of everything, but everything that was there was better. GT4 dumbed the handling down IMO, but the car count skyrocketed, we got the first taste of wet track racing even if it was more of a beta of wet track racing. GT5 Prologue came out and I bought a PS3 for it, it was a demo. In GT5 the standard/premium car/track thing sucked, and the game looked somehow rougher than Prologue. By now I had played Forza 2, PGR, and other racing games on the market so I had started to notice areas the game was lacking in compared to those titles. GT on the PSP let me shoot a UMD across the room when races got tense. After Forza 4 had been around for quite a while we got GT6 and although it's been patched up since release, it really offered nothing new over GT5 other than the revised handling, it's by far the least played GT in my collection because I had Horizon, Forza 5 which was a gen ahead, Grid 2, and a backlog of other racing games I found more interesting. GTS released, and gone are more than half the cars, tracks, an gameplay options. The handling model felt off the first time I played (and I really don't like the PS4's controller), the July update apparently fixed a lot of things but it's not as good IMO as FM7 or PCars2. It is the first GT with decent car sounds, but I wouldn't say it's much better than the first Forza on the OG Xbox (the doppler effect in replays is extremely well done though). The single player is not a complete SP experience at all either, it's clearly a tutorial for the online mode. While the driving school approach is commendable (I actually liked the license tests in prior GT games), it should have been a part of the SP game mode like license tests were, not the entire SP campaign. I loved the weird pacing of GT's SP mode over the years. The funky jazzy music in the messy but endearing menus. Half the challenge in GT was figuring out where the fuck they put shit in the menus. Goofy shit like the car wash and oil change system were always fun too and added a charm to the series. All GTS has over it's predecessors is it's online play and Scapes mode, which to me isn't worth what it left behind. Probably the best addition it brings is finally having a livery editor.

On top of all that, GTS now offers car microtransactions on an incomplete $80 game right after T10 was chased around with torches and pitchforks for the same thing. I've seen people defending it because of free updates, but the stuff in the updates should have been in the game from the start. GTS is just GT with it's soul ripped out. It's not a bad game, but it's not something I really want to spend a lot of time with.

I like everything you said and so I’ll cut the quote down. I chose PS4 over Xbox this generation because I wanted an offline console and Microsoft still requires an online setup before you can use it. Despite that and eagerly hoping (probably foolishly) for a GT7 it’s hard to deny that despite Forza 5, the FM franchise has overall continued to evolve while GT has gone in a different MP focused direction.

The news about FM7 long tail development tells me two things as well: 1.) the franchise is still getting the love and the output that GT sorely needs and 2.) hopefully Microsoft saw FM5 as part of the failure of the Xb1 and wants a deserving FM8 for launch.

Meanwhile a classic (for me “real”) GT game has yet to launch. Sad.

lynux3

This statement is nonsense. I'm really happy with Forza Motorsport 7. There are probably many more. Additionally, according to the very article you linked, they are not "redoing the whole game". They are focusing on improving and updating an already great game. Sort of like Sony is doing with GTS updates... This is a good thing. For both games.

I too am mostly pleased with Forza Motorsport 7 and the current state of Gran Turismo Sport. The more they update the better... I'm interested to see where Turn10 takes FM7 after they "overhaul" everything.

I don't think PD is going to implement weather in this version. They're busy putting in more cars, tracks and events. When Gran Turismo Sport came out it was a huge disappointment, but today I think it's great and I like where the series is going in terms of pure racing instead of car collecting.

GT games used to sell 5 million in a month.

GTS probably sold 5 million in a year... why grab about it?

You talk about GT5 but GT5 is the second best selling GT ever and if it was not for GT3 being bundled for every single PS2 at launch in US (7 million units shipped due bundle to US) it could be the best selling... it holds the fastest selling game in the franchise because it reached over 10m faster than GT3.

GTS is nowhere selling like GT5 lol

GTS is still selling way ahead GT6 that took years (4 years?) to reach 5.2m shipped.

Bonus: GTS profiles by country as of Sep 27, 2018 (UK sales matches with around 600k copies sold there at the same period... Japan is another country that matches the data with little difference... the others countries we don't have data so I can't compare).

Code:
us 815595
gb 627078
de 540458
fr 514070
es 329525
jp 327866
it 300593
au 168098
nl 149649
hk 138238
ru 128047
br 117125
ca 112792
be 109152
pl 107531
sa 81594
pt 78348
tw 69020
kr 56887
ch 55043
ar 52993
at 48856
dk 48404
se 47618
fi 45687
gr 44256
no 40737
cz 39609
tr 39060
mx 37115
nz 29532
ie 28008
ae 27268
za 27104
cl 23311
hu 22675
hr 20658
my 18360
th 15568
ro 13785
cn 13415
sk 12280
co 12201
ua 12168
sg 12040
id 11790
bg 9573
pe 8346
in 8046
il 7076
kw 5905
lu 5466
qa 4586
si 4551
cr 4458
om 4151
uy 2991
pa 2805
cy 2649
bh 2561
ec 2376
gt 2202
mt 1835
is 1655
lb 1604
sv 1008
hn 571
bo 541
py 467
ni 211

If GTS sold over 5 million PP would have said something like every other time. The likely hood of GTS from GT6 somehow being second fastest selling in the series right on GT5 is very unlikely.

ethomaz

Banned
If GTS sold over 5 million PP would have said something like every other time. The likely hood of GTS from GT6 somehow being second fastest selling in the series right on GT5 is very unlikely.
It is PD... not PP.
They said when they crossed 5.5m profiles.

They will probably share more year next year.... I hope a overall sales for the franchise too.

GTS is not the second fastest selling game in the series... GT games used to sell 5 million in few months... GTS took one year to be around that... GT6 is the slowest selling GT game so GTS is obvious way ahead it.

I'm starting to thing I'm repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

because you don't have any actual statement from PP saying that GTS is ahead of GTS in LTD like you said earlier. We still need them to confirm such a number. Especially since PP always talks about GT sales numbers every game.
lol I give up.

Last edited:
It is PD... not PP.
They said when they crossed 5.5m profiles.

They will probably share more year next year.... I hope a overall sales for the franchise too.

GTS is not the second fastest selling game in the series... GT games used to sell 5 million in few months... GTS took one year to be around that... GT6 is the slowest selling GT game so GTS is obvious way ahead it.

I'm starting to thing I'm repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

because you don't have any actual statement from PP saying that GTS is ahead of GTS in LTD like you said earlier. We still need them to confirm such a number. Especially since PP always talks about GT sales numbers every game.

Fox Mulder

The news about FM7 long tail development tells me two things as well: 1.) the franchise is still getting the love and the output that GT sorely needs and 2.) hopefully Microsoft saw FM5 as part of the failure of the Xb1 and wants a deserving FM8 for launch.

Meanwhile a classic (for me “real”) GT game has yet to launch. Sad.

It's great that T10 is supporting FM7 for so long, they usually move on to the next game after a year. GTS has received updates every month since release, including free cars and tracks too though.

GTS doesnt have a traditional GT slow progression campaign, but Forza isn't doing it either after FM4. It seems to be a dinosaur that the two giant racing franchises have moved on from to sell to a wider audience.

Last edited:
Regarding his statement about player count numbers, doesn't GTS have a free PSN+ version that stats carry over if you buy the game? If I am remembering correctly, and it does, that 5m player count means nothing.

Halabane

Better sim: GT
Better game: Forza

Yeah kinda. The Forza games are fine and fun to play. Its when you leave them and go back to GT that you notice how 'crisp' the handling and graphics feel in GT (playing on PC,X and Pro). The penalty system in GT is a good step in fixing the ' the forza problem' of bumper cars. But there is a massive amount of content in Forza and TurnTen and Playground are way more into communicating and doing stuff for the player base...and they are generous with gifts.

Right now I am very pissed at GT because the servers lost a good chunk of my cars that I won and my progress in their single player content. They have not responded to me with my problems and honestly its extremely difficult to communicate with them. TurnTen are way more open to hearing suggestions and issues and trying to fix them. I like they are taking year off to improve 7.

So I agree somewhat with your comment but I can't help but just really surprised how much more I enjoy the driving experience in GT that the lack of stuff is meaningless so I feel I have more fun in GT. Often the stuff in Forza is just busy work. I would rather have the better driving experience. To be honest the Assetta product that is in early development is taking that GT approach of being limited and improving the driving experience...and its good. I like GT racing.

I'm actually surprised Forza is winning by that much of a gap given GT sales and of course the PS4's popularity this gen.

Regarding his statement about player count numbers, doesn't GTS have a free PSN+ version that stats carry over if you buy the game? If I am remembering correctly, and it does, that 5m player count means nothing.

If true than that makes it even less reliable.

ethomaz

Banned
There isn't.

There is a Beta and progress didn't carry to the final game but your Beta profile become the final profile if you play the full game.

My data excludes Betas... or better it counts Beta and GTS profiles separately.

UPDATE NOW (Dec 6, 2018 15:40 GMT-2)

GTS Profiles: 6,136,325
Beta Profiles: 636,684 (old data as of Sep 27, 2018) *
Total (GTS + Beta): 6,773,009

* Since Sept 27 I did not checked Beta profiles so it could decrease because Beta can turn in GTS profiles (after that it is only GTS profile)... so the number of GTS profiles could be higher and Beta lower.

For a bit better understatement I'm posting the extracted stats from two different periods:

Aug 29, 2018: GTS 5442650, Beta 640842, Total 6083492
Sep 27, 2018: GTS 5656841, Beta 636684, Total 6293525

In about a month the Beta decrease around 4k... that means these PSN profiles that participated in the Beta played the full game.

If true than that makes it even less reliable.
It is not true but you can read above.

The Kaz's tweet in June was GTS + Beta profiles... 5.5m... at the time GTS only profiles was around 4.8m... about 1.3m GTS profiles was created (or Beta converted to GTS) from June to date.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo went down hill after 4. 2 and 4 were the best by far. Everything else has been mediocre. Forza passed it in terms of physics a while ago.

There isn't.

There is a Beta and progress didn't carry to the final game but your Beta profile become the final profile if you play the full game.

My data excludes Betas... or better it counts Beta and GTS profiles separately.

UPDATE NOW (Dec 6, 2018 15:40 GMT-2)

GTS Profiles: 6,136,325
Beta Profiles: 636,684 (old data as of Sep 27, 2018) *
Total (GTS + Beta): 6,773,009

* Since Sept 27 I did not checked Beta profiles so it could decrease because Beta can turn in GTS profiles (after that it is only GTS profile)... so the number of GTS profiles could be higher and Beta lower.

For a bit better understatement I'm posting the extracted stats from two different periods:

Aug 29, 2018: GTS 5442650, Beta 640842, Total 6083492
Sep 27, 2018: GTS 5656841, Beta 636684, Total 6293525

In about a month the Beta decrease around 4k... that means these PSN profiles that participated in the Beta played the full game.

It is not true but you can read above.

The Kaz's tweet in June was GTS + Beta profiles... 5.5m... at the time GTS only profiles was around 4.8m... about 1.3m GTS profiles was created (or Beta converted to GTS) from June to date.

profiles still don't mean it equals sales though as other games have shown.

PP will confirm it when it happens.

ethomaz

Banned
profiles still don't mean it equals sales though as other games have shown.

PP will confirm it when it happens.
UK and Japan shows the difference is small.

But hey you will deny anyway and try do use false data to say it is 3 million lol

PP doesn’t even exists BTW.

Last edited:
Just not true. Forza is far far more realistic. Which is odd, because most of the salt thrown at it is that compared to GT it's "arcade" - yet ask any professional driver which is more realistic, and be amazed. In some quarters, GT just gets a gold pass no questions asked just because it's Japanese, which is f'in stupid.

Car sound is another stick Forza gets bashed with, and again, pure salt. All the cars in Forza are recorded with multiple microphones. What you hear in game is literally the real car.

You nailed it, nothing more to add! NJ, remember, Salt never changes..and they dont like the competition especially when it dominates by a landslide.

Vtecomega

Banned
After the new Forza 7 patch yesterday, Forza 7 blows the doors off gt sport. Its no longer a competition.

Not only have they enhanced the menus and presentation but the hdr lighting, lighting and material effects have improved. Turbo spool has been tweaked so it hits a lot harder. Tire model has been tweaked and feels a lot more nuanced. I can power slide the evo 8 mid corner entry under full boost just like it should.

But the one feature that elevates this to a whole new level is the the simulation camera settings! it simulates body g forces through the corners and just makes the driving experience a lot more visceral and exciting.

UK and Japan shows the difference is small.

But hey you will deny anyway and try do use false data to say it is 3 million lol

PP doesn’t even exists BTW.

Japan doesn't even have 500k sales what are you talking about?

PP will confirm 5 million when they hit it, like every other time.

LostDonkey

After the new Forza 7 patch yesterday, Forza 7 blows the doors off gt sport. Its no longer a competition.

Not only have they enhanced the menus and presentation but the hdr lighting, lighting and material effects have improved. Turbo spool has been tweaked so it hits a lot harder. Tire model has been tweaked and feels a lot more nuanced. I can power slide the evo 8 mid corner entry under full boost just like it should.

But the one feature that elevates this to a whole new level is the the simulation camera settings! it simulates body g forces through the corners and just makes the driving experience a lot more visceral and exciting.
I was wondering if they had tweaked the lighting. I thought at first it was because I hadnt played in a while and I struggled getting HDR to work but when I had it properly set up it looked gorgeous. Could swear there were some new replay angles and effects as well.

Also now they have tweaked the contact physics races are a lot more enjoyable and true to life rather than minimal contact and being thrown off first corner. Still need to set my wheel up and try the new FFB but I have 100s of hours in both GTS and Forza 7 and the latter is the best imo and by a great margin.

GTS just feels so........ Stale.

ethomaz

Banned
Japan doesn't even have 500k sales what are you talking about?

PP will confirm 5 million when they hit it, like every other time.
You create some numbers from who knows where lol

JP profiles as of Sep 27, 2018.

jp 327866

And PP doesn't exists... I can't even figure what PP means.

Last edited:
You create some numbers from who knows where lol

JP profiles as of Sep 27, 2018.

jp 327866

And PP doesn't exists... I can't even figure what PP means.

Your profile number is also below 400k, what countries are you getting the 5.5 million from? It doesn't exist.

ethomaz

Banned
Your profile number is also below 400k, what countries are you getting the 5.5 million from? It doesn't exist.
5.5m is the official WORLDWIDE number of profiles (including Beta) in June released by Kaz/PD.

Actually it is 6,773,009 as of yesterday... 6,136,325 being GTS profiles and the others Beta.

I don't have the breakdown by country for yesterday... the last time I did that was in Sep 27, 2018.... the breakdown was posted in the last page.

Last edited:
5.5m is the official WORLDWIDE number of profiles (including Beta) in June released by Kaz/PD.

Actually it is 6,773,009 as of yesterday... 6,136,325 being GTS profiles and the others Beta.

I don't have the breakdown by country for yesterday... the last time I did that was in Sep 27, 2018.... the breakdown was posted in the last page.

No not for sales, just profiles. Nothing indicates sales being above 5 million. What countries are you using to get that number?

ethomaz

Banned
No not for sales, just profiles. Nothing indicates sales being above 5 million. What countries are you using to get that number?
The number of profiles is pretty close to the number of sales we have for Japan and UK... so I don't believe the difference is bigger in US or rest of the world... that means if GTS sales did not crossed 5.5m right now it pretty close to that.

So yes everything indicates the opposite what you say.

You are just in denial.

An old comparison for UK where Profiles were lower than actual sales.

Last week it was released data from UK and GTS sold across Retail and Digital 484,833 units at end of 2017.
That is an interesting number because I have the actual number of profiles for end of 2017.

gb 377,161 (it is not exactly end of 2017 but Jan 2, 2018)
Understood now? Of course I can explain the number of sales higher than profiles because it was after Christmas that makes some new owners not having time to open and play his new gift or purchase.

But number of profiles is not far away from sales to GTS.

Last edited:
The number of profiles is pretty close to the number of sales we have for Japan and UK... so I don't believe the difference is bigger in US or rest of the world... that means if GTS sales did not crossed 5.5m right now it pretty close to that.

So yes everything indicates the opposite what you say.

You are just in denial.

An old comparison for UK where Profiles were lower than actual sales.

UK and Japan together aren't even 2 million in sales. So where are you getting sales numbers for 5.5 million or "near" it? Nowhere that's where.

All the strongest markets for GT din't have it at . Show me what countries you're getting the 5 million sales from+?

ethomaz

Banned
UK and Japan together aren't even 2 million in sales. So where are you getting sales numbers for 5.5 million or "near" it? Nowhere that's where.

All the strongest markets for GT din't have it at . Show me what countries you're getting the 5 million sales from+?
C'mon can't you proper read?

Total number of profiles yesterday (not including Beta): 6,136,325

Profiles breakdown (again not including Beta) by Country as of Sep 27, 2018:

us 815595
gb 627078
de 540458
fr 514070
es 329525
jp 327866
it 300593
au 168098
nl 149649
hk 138238
ru 128047
br 117125
ca 112792
be 109152
pl 107531
sa 81594
pt 78348
tw 69020
kr 56887
ch 55043
ar 52993
at 48856
dk 48404
se 47618
fi 45687
gr 44256
no 40737
cz 39609
tr 39060
mx 37115
nz 29532
ie 28008
ae 27268
za 27104
cl 23311
hu 22675
hr 20658
my 18360
th 15568
ro 13785
cn 13415
sk 12280
co 12201
ua 12168
sg 12040
id 11790
bg 9573
pe 8346
in 8046
il 7076
kw 5905
lu 5466
qa 4586
si 4551
cr 4458
om 4151
uy 2991
pa 2805
cy 2649
bh 2561
ec 2376
gt 2202
mt 1835
is 1655
lb 1604
sv 1008
hn 571
bo 541
py 467
ni 211
Before you ask... all number sum 5,656,841 profiles as of Sep 27,2018 (not including Beta) because the World is not UK an JP alone lol

When Japan + UK reaches 2 million in sales the Worldwide sales around 10 million.

Last edited:
C'mon can't you proper read?

Total number of profiles yesterday (not including Beta): 6,136,325

Profiles breakdown (again not including Beta) by Country as of Sep 27, 2018:

Before you ask... all number sum 5,656,841 profiles as of Sep 27,2018 (not including Beta) because the World is not UK an JP alone lol

Profiled don't equal sales.

Show me where the SALES are COMING from for YOUR CLAIM of over 5 million sold when all the strongest GT selling regions don't even have it a 4 put together. So that would only leave SOME of Europe and smaller sales in "other" countries. Please show me how you're coming up o with 5 million?

PP has put out sales for EVERY GT and IF they did as you said they would have announced it. Not one game have they made an exception. Not even on the fan GT boards can you find much of any one repeating your claim. other than like 2 guys and their using the same flawed profile argument that no one else is using.

ethomaz

Banned
Profiled don't equal sales.

Show me where the SALES are COMING from for YOUR CLAIM of over 5 million sold when all the strongest GT selling regions don't even have it a 4 put together. So that would only leave SOME of Europe and smaller sales in "other" countries. Please show me how you're coming up o with 5 million?

PP has put out sales for EVERY GT and IF they did as you said they would have announced it. Not one game have they made an exception. Not even on the fan GT boards can you find much of any one repeating your claim. other than like 2 guys and their using the same flawed profile argument that no one else is using.
If you can't understand I can't help you.
Last week it was released data from UK and GTS sold across Retail and Digital 484,833 units at end of 2017.
That is an interesting number because I have the actual number of profiles for end of 2017.

gb 377,161 (it is not exactly end of 2017 but Jan 2, 2018)
us 815595
gb 627078
de 540458
fr 514070
es 329525
jp 327866
it 300593
au 168098
nl 149649
hk 138238
ru 128047
br 117125
ca 112792
be 109152
pl 107531
sa 81594
pt 78348
tw 69020
kr 56887
ch 55043
ar 52993
at 48856
dk 48404
se 47618
fi 45687
gr 44256
no 40737
cz 39609
tr 39060
mx 37115
nz 29532
ie 28008
ae 27268
za 27104
cl 23311
hu 22675
hr 20658
my 18360
th 15568
ro 13785
cn 13415
sk 12280
co 12201
ua 12168
sg 12040
id 11790
bg 9573
pe 8346
in 8046
il 7076
kw 5905
lu 5466
qa 4586
si 4551
cr 4458
om 4151
uy 2991
pa 2805
cy 2649
bh 2561
ec 2376
gt 2202
mt 1835
is 1655
lb 1604
sv 1008
hn 571
bo 541
py 467
ni 211
Duh

Last edited:
If you can't understand I can't help you.

Duh

Because you aren't competent enough to address what I'm asking you.,

You're claim is "it sold more than 5 million units"

y question is "where are you getting that number from?"

You posting profiled for the UK, which are LESS than 500k does not answer my question.

We have GT sales for a few countries in Europe, Japan, and NPD, that's pretty much most of GT's higher selling market and all that combined isn't even 4 million.

The truth is this claim you're making just isn't possible. GTS did not sell more than 5 million units. Likely high 3 million. Maybe low 4 if I'm generous.

ethomaz

Banned
Because you aren't competent enough to address what I'm asking you.,

You're claim is "it sold more than 5 million units"

y question is "where are you getting that number from?"

You posting profiled for the UK, which are LESS than 500k does not answer my question.

We have GT sales for a few countries in Europe, Japan, and NPD, that's pretty much most of GT's higher selling market and all that combined isn't even 4 million.

The truth is this claim you're making just isn't possible. GTS did not sell more than 5 million units. Likely high 3 million. Maybe low 4 if I'm generous.
You are probably being dumb on purpose because I’m not sure why you fight against real data.

I showed you UK and Japan profiles are closer to actual sales data we have there... so why do you believe others countries will be different? There are over 6m profiles across all countries and you want to say there is 3 million sales when UK and JP match each other... bullshit... 3 million is impossible with the actual data we have.

If you look the actual profile data you will know why the sales are not what you say... there are a lot of countries with big sales for the game that are not US, UK, JP, etc. I shoes you profiles per country to show you how you have no ideia what you are talking about.

It is like you trying to create your own list of exclusives for 2013-2014 that didn’t match the reality like in the other thread.

Please think a bit about and stop to fighting against something that can be backup with comparison number when you have nothing to show for your dreams claims.

I will make a tread comparing the know sales of UK and Japan plus showing all the profiles data to extrapole WW sales and I hope you take your time to read and don’t ask dumb questions again... instead contribute to the community.

Last edited:
The outcome is pretty clear given the current polling results and that this thread has evolved into a sales discussion. I’m glad to see the franchises pushing each other to new heights and GT moving in the right direction. Not there yet, but focusing on the right things IMO. First time since GT4.

I showed you UK and Japan profiles are closer to actual sales data we have there... so why do you believe others countries will be different?

We don't have any sales data for other countries that total over 5 million, you're making it up. Why can't you name the countries if they are obvious?

GT's biggest countries put together are still not over 5 million and still a ways off from what we know and no other tier 3 countries are going to close the gap to make over 5 million.

Again if they did reach over 5 million then PP will announce it like almost every other time. You haven't presented any real case outside two countries profiles that don't even reach 1 million sales. We have sales info for GT's biggest countries, there's no way to close that gap from anywhere else.

If it's so obvious and true than why aren't the GT official site boards not repeating what you're saying in mass? Why can't you name the countries that make up the gap?

Because profiles=/= sales and you don't want to admit it. I can make 5 profiles in GTS right now.

ethomaz

Banned
We don't have any sales data for other countries that total over 5 million, you're making it up. Why can't you name the countries if they are obvious?

GT's biggest countries put together are still not over 5 million and still a ways off from what we know and no other tier 3 countries are going to close the gap to make over 5 million.

Again if they did reach over 5 million then PP will announce it like almost every other time. You haven't presented any real case outside two countries profiles that don't even reach 1 million sales. We have sales info for GT's biggest countries, there's no way to close that gap from anywhere else.

If it's so obvious and true than why aren't the GT official site boards not repeating what you're saying in mass? Why can't you name the countries that make up the gap?

Because profiles=/= sales and you don't want to admit it. I can make 5 profiles in GTS right now.
You are probably being dumb on purpose because I’m not sure why you fight against real data.

I showed you UK and Japan profiles are closer to actual sales data we have there... so why do you believe others countries will be different? There are over 6m profiles across all countries and you want to say there is 3 million sales when UK and JP match each other... bullshit... 3 million is impossible with the actual data we have.

If you look the actual profile data you will know why the sales are not what you say... there are a lot of countries with big sales for the game that are not US, UK, JP, etc. I shoes you profiles per country to show you how you have no ideia what you are talking about.

It is like you trying to create your own list of exclusives for 2013-2014 that didn’t match the reality like in the other thread.

Please think a bit about and stop to fighting against something that can be backup with comparison number when you have nothing to show for your dreams claims.

I will make a tread comparing the know sales of UK and Japan plus showing all the profiles data to extrapole WW sales and I hope you take your time to read and don’t ask dumb questions again... instead contribute to the community.

You probably can’t make any profile because you don’t have the game or even a console to play it.

PS changed how they report sales from SHIPMENT to SOLD and because that they only report the franchise milestones... the next one is 90m that won’t happen to soon at least not before GTS2 or GTS reach 13 million or more.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Forza is a better game and series. GT may be more technically impressive, but it's simply not as fun to play imo.

EDIT: The idea of racing a car you might own in real life sounded fun for the first few games, but after a while, upgrading a fucking '92 Civic to a whopping 114 horsepower just wasn't all that fun. Like I said, more technically impressive that GT models those everyday cars and does so with damn near eerie accuracy, but when most of those cars suck to drive in a game just about as much as they suck to own in real life, it kind of breaks the whole escapism angle, you know?

Last edited:
The fact ethomaz posted the same post twice shows he got no answers. Welp, that solves that debate.

Forza is a better game and series. GT may be more technically impressive, but it's simply not as fun to play imo.

EDIT: The idea of racing a car you might own in real life sounded fun for the first few games, but after a while, upgrading a fucking '92 Civic to a whopping 114 horsepower just wasn't all that fun. Like I said, more technically impressive that GT models those everyday cars and does so with damn near eerie accuracy, but when most of those cars suck to drive in a game just about as much as they suck to own in real life, it kind of breaks the whole escapism angle, you know?

Yeah, generally you want variety but also want all of them to drive at least decently. Numbers for the sake of numbers doesn't mean anything when content is key.

ethomaz

Banned
The debate ended when you started to blind your eyes to the data in front of them. I did reply to everything you asked and you did asked the same weird nonsense again.

Last edited:
The debate ended when you started to blind your eyes to the data in front of them. I did reply to everything you asked

Stop lying, you didn't show any sales data at all. You avoided the questions I asked you as well.

As with the last few GT games if GT sport passes 5 million PP will announce it. Your profile game does not equal sales and that's the only thing you've presented ignoring a person can have multiple profiles. The sales numbers we have that would make up most of GT's sales are not at 5 million either, you have nothing.

Thank you for conceding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom