• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Street: Now on Windows 10 and coming to iOS and Android

Bullet Club

Enter the ultimate street racing scene to win the car collection of your dreams.

Pick an event, set your lineup, and race for infamy.

COLLECT AND UPGRADE ICONIC CARS
Race to collect legendary cars – from classic muscle to modern sports and retro supercars – turning your garage into a trophy case.

TRUE CINEMATIC RACING
Streamlined controls focus on timing for gas, brake, and boost as action-cams chase the adrenaline up close.

RACE ON YOUR TERMS
Race anytime, anywhere. Squeeze in a quick one-minute race or get immersed in an endless story with multiple paths to victory.

7T3C7tB.png

wRlMEf3.jpg

QdC8LkM.jpg

Agreed. Phone + racing game is usually pretty shit.

Off-topic but on another note Catphish Catphish ,

Giphy changed some things. To post a Gif from there now without the siders and pop-ups go to media and copy the social link, then post it here as an image.

giphy.gif

I feel obligated to at least try anything with the Forza name. Forza Horizon such a great series

I'll try it, but I've tried pretty much every Android and iOS racer to date and I've enjoyed none of them. Some have been passable or at most better than the typical gatcha phone games. The characters alone are already terribad.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'll give it a try. Usually don't bother with mobile games but if it's on PC and it's free....

Last edited:
I love the Horizon series, and I've been playing the Forza Motorsport series since I removed my Gran Turismo blinders and realised other racing games can also be good. In all those games I've found a few things to complain about but generally love them. One of my biggest gripes has been the garbage "characters" in the Horizon series that constantly talk to you over your headset with horribly written, wooden dialogue. If there was a way, I'd turn them all off and just be some fucking loner finding barn finds and winning races without a bunch of shit eaters audibly sucking my dick every time I go through a speed trap or drift /rant.

dZMGw8d.jpg

Now I'll go try it before I shit on it any more.

Last edited:
This is not a "racing game", it's a running cinema scene with cars in it.

CcNQgna.jpg

The game looks good enough for a mobile based game but you don't even steer your car at all. it's left click for gas, release for brake. Turns are marked where to release and gas it, so unless you're blind I can't see how you'd mess up a corner.

I tried losing a race, it wasn't happening, the AI car I was racing against pretty much just stopped and waited for me to catch up.

The game throws one trick at you though, you can right click to use boost, that's right, TWO BUTTONS!

This will make a fine, coffee break diversion for a week or so.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Mobile racing can be good. Need for Speed was good a few years ago. Asphalt is a great long running series despite some god awful MT shit.

Forza could have done something cool for mobile, but MS just went out and renamed an existing game into Forza Street though.

Last edited:
Mobile racing can be good. Need for Speed was good a few years ago. Asphalt is a great long running series despite some god awful MT shit.

Forza could have done something cool for mobile, but MS just went out and renamed an existing game into Forza Street though.

The problem with mobile racers is that they are made for touchscreens and gyro steering setups. The Asplhalt series is long running now at #9, but the game assists to such a degree you're barely the one controlling anything.

I always thought MS could have used mobile devices as "shops" for the Motorsport and Horizon games. basically a garage based setting where you can tune and modify your garage cars from the game that would allow you to mess around with tuning on your lunch break, and try the tune when you get home.

I'm overly harsh on mobile games I suppose, but I do think it's fair to say the best mobile racing games would rank near the bottom of the list of console/pc racers.

I will say the visuals in this are better than I expected, and I wouldn't mind seeing tracks similar to this in the Motorsport franchise. FM has fuck all for city tracks now, and they had one of the best at one point with New York. They really should have brought it back when they started implementing TOD and weather effects.

Just so you know, its not like only Microsoft does this. So, lets not go Console wars feeling entitled. Unlike Blizzard they didnt announce it in X0, E3, Inside Xbox or any Xbox event.

This is the title that turned the Fate franchise into a boring milked crap and I slowly lost interest(Heavens Feel will be the last Fate I will watch).

Nobody minds that they made a mobile Forza, just that they seem to have made a pretty shitty one. This game is not a benefit to the franchise in any way. I've given it a couple hours to be fair, but I see nothing of any real value. At least Fate, despite the gatcha shit, has some actual gameplay mechanics implemented and some degree of strategy is involved in he gameplay. Forza Street is a racing game that fails on the racing front, then fails even worse with the terrible story they've strapped to it.

prag16

Banned
So... you don't actually control the car? Even on the PC version? Wtf is this shit. Waste of time.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I can imagine myself playing this on mobile only to waste time or earn some easy achievements, but playing this on PC? No way.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

Not looking good honestly. The story/npc components are the worst aspect of the FH series. Doubling down on it seems like a forced angle for player customization/monetization.

I bet the excuse will be "buh buh you can just choose not to buy the items, they are only cosmetic", but the game is filled with a dozen fucking screens that push you to buy something.

If this ends up being anything like the phone versions of other games, expects to waddle through 5 micro transaction screens before jumping into a race.

Last edited:
Not looking good honestly. The story/npc components are the worst aspect of the FH series. Doubling down on it seems like a forced angle for player customization/monetization.

I bet the excuse will be "buh buh you can just choose not to buy the items, they are only cosmetic", but the game is filled with a dozen fucking screens that push you to buy something.

If this ends up being anything like the phone versions of other games, expects to waddle through 5 micro transaction screens before jumping into a race.

It's been out on PC for a long time, and it is in every respect a shitty microtransaction riddled phone game. I downloaded it and played it a year ago and dropped it immediately. I'm sure it's exactly the same now as it was then.

There are several phone based racing games that are much better than this pile of shit.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I have no idea why they even turned it into a Forza. It's not even a racing game. Just looks like one.

I have no idea why they even turned it into a Forza. It's not even a racing game. Just looks like one.

giphy.gif

Cheap to make and easy to distribute. Forza brand has pretty high brand recognition now and is likely all the hook they need. Some dumb kid will see Forza and buy it, then empty mom's bank account into microtransactions.

I just know I'm gonna get a call from my little bro asking me if I've played this new racing game. He's really into mobile gaming. I don't know how clear I can make it to him that I'll probably never see the appeal and we just have different standards. To be fair to him though, he is in the navy so he takes what he can get. He's at least admitted he'd rather be gaming on an xbox or Pc like me so...

Last edited:

Arkam

From description:
"TRUE CINEMATIC RACING Streamlined controls focus on the fun - timing your gas, brake, and boost are the keys to victory, as action cams chase the racing adrenaline up close showcasing amazing graphics. "

IDK bout that. Sounds kinda weaksauce. But it looks to be a mobile game, so what you gonna do.

from a couple (critical) reviews:
"Basically a clicking game." "This is just rhythm-tapping, tablet-oriented garbage, not any kind of racing game "

Fox Mulder

It’s sad that this game was mocked as shit a year ago and still is coming out on mobile.

I still think they should have just made an Asphalt clone with the Forza brand.

Top Bottom