• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fotonica: Canabalt meets Mirror's Edge meets Rez. Also free.

Amir0x

Banned
Hey I love Mirror's Edge!
I'm pretty fond of Rez as well...

...and holy shit, free!?

Well, free is for me sir. Free is for me.

oh god i already got contact high from the video downloading NOW

h3ro

The music from the trailer was dope.

Also, how much awesome can you fit into a single thread title?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Felt a bit queezy just watching it, but it looks so good I'm cool with vomiting from it.

gerg

StuBurns said:
I don't like it, but it is like those things.

Me neither. The game needs an awesome soundtrack - it feels barren and dull without one. It's a very difficult game to play, too.

Adam J.

Took me a while to wrap my head around the controls, but once you get the hang of it it's incredible. Looking forward to an inevitable iOS version.

BiggNife

I love the visual style, but... I dunno. Something about the weird physics and unusual control scheme just isn't clicking with me.

The M.O.B

I hate floaty platforming games, and this falls under that category.

Too many times I floated straight into oblivion after performing a perfectly timed jump.

Emitan

Proven said:
It's not clicking for me. I feel like I have to jump way too early.
You don't reach your peak until way after you think you should. You get used to it after a few minutes.

Adam J.

Wow, just looked up and realized I sunk an hour into this game. Stick with it guys, once it clicks you'll be hooked.

Haeleos

I watched a video for it and my eyes couldn't handle the white flashes from those spherical pick ups (?). I don't really get queasy or motion sick from games, but it was starting to hurt my eyes for sure.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The M.O.B said:
I hate floaty platforming games, and this falls under that category.

Too many times I floated straight into oblivion after performing a perfectly timed jump.
You have to hold the button to touch back down.

Finally a valid reason to install that Unity thing.

Why isn't Jeff Minter involved in projects like this?

edit. Game has some issues like painfully long deaths and lots of fail states, but it's cool for a browser game.

Took me a while to figure out the controls. Also, I was surprised that it was running in Unity... I guess the lack of textures or anything prevents it from getting the "Unity look" (not that there's anything wrong with the "Unity look" of course... I kind of like it)

soultron

Banned
Game only displays white textures for me. Was still kind of fun to play.

The sound track works for what it is.

Going to try it on a better computer tomorrow.

DonMigs85

Argh! I can't get Unity 3.1 to install, it always stops working!
EDIT: Sorry, just had to uninstall the old version.

Haunted

what the fuuuuuuuuuu

That's definitely one of the cooler one-button automatic runners I've played. What a difference a change in perspective makes.

edit: Although the last one I played was Epic Coaster a couple months back, so with the amount of flash games made every week, I'm sure there have been, like, 20 new ones since then. :p

Emitan

Station42 said:
Thank you guys! Glad you liked the game.
We would love to bring it to other platforms, we'll keep you updated.

SR
Android! I need something to do at work besides work
and GAF

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Station42 said:
Thank you guys! Glad you liked the game.
We would love to bring it to other platforms, we'll keep you updated.

SR

Add a somewhat special soundtrack, which makes half the experience especially for this kind of games, make it Universal (iPad HD e retina support) with Gamecenter for leaderboards and I'm on board with my wallet open.

Gameplay looks like a commercial for Sprite or a broadband internet service, but it does look very interesting as a game. I'll be checking this out fu-sho.

Top Bottom