• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four weeks after launch, SCEE is not putting up Rock Band DLC and patches

Eurogamer article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...dlc-no-show-drama-rumbles-on-for-another-week

Last week we reported on the plight of players of the PlayStation 4 version of Rock Band 4, who at the time had been waiting for thousands of DLC tracks already available on Xbox One and the North American PlayStation Store to be released on the European PlayStation Store - three weeks after the game came out.

Now, it's four weeks.

The availability of Legacy DLC for Rock Band 4 was one of the game's main selling points. It means those who have bought DLC for previous Rock Band games are able to re-download them to Rock Band 4.

There are a number of problems here that are upsetting players. One, the songs can be bought from the in-game music store, but when you try to download them from the PlayStation Store, you get a "content not available" message.

Two, a lack of communication from both sides: developer Harmonix and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

There is DLC available European PS4, but it's lagging far behind the content put up by SCEA and Microsoft. I don't think SCEE has put up any new DLC from the past three weeks nor this week's patch.

Sony should really just stop with these two different departments and have SCEA control all countries that currently have the NA or EU store. Rename it SCEW (West) or something, although I guess Australians wouldn't like that name. They'll come up with something.

Microsoft gets away with it with no legal issues, why is it so hard for Sony? Same goes for Nintendo too, they have Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for no reason.

I'm glad someone is running a story on this, but it just business as usual for SCEE.

Literally every week there is something that is delayed in EU because of SCEE's garbage extra requirements and slow certification. Not to mention that even within Europe content isn't released everywhere because of tiny things like an untranslated store description, which many smaller publishers don't even know about. And I'm not talking about ratings here.

SCEE needs to get its shit together.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sony should really just stop with these two different departments and have SCEA control all countries that currently have the NA or EU store. Rename it SCEW (West) or something, although I guess Australians wouldn't like that name. They'll come up with something.

Microsoft gets away with it with no legal issues, why is it so hard for Sony? Same goes for Nintendo too, they have Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for no reason.

NoE is needed so we can get translations without memes. But yeah heard about this the other day, absolutely awful situation. Make hella noise Euro PS4 owners

mclem

I always do an amused double-take when I see quotes from Alex Verrey.

EPpAWSX.png

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme cross-post my rant from the other thread...

I mean we didn't even get the first major RB4 patch ffs.
By now I'm 100% sure we won't get the big December update anywhere near it's release either. EU Playstation users will have half the Rock Band experience the rest of the world has, which is just absurd for a game at this price point.

I really almost was over it and accepted that I'll miss 50% of my DLC (which I bought the days before release, because, you know, they freaking advertised their sale they had going on) for quite some time, but this whole update situation and the lack of communication makes me furious.

And then there's the shitshow that is the in-game store of RB4. Where the fuck is it legal to charge for DLC that you can't actually use on the respective console you bought it?

SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ, SCEJA operating independent from each other is one of the most puzzling thing about Sony, the inconsistency between their policies and content is just... weird.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rock Band always seems to get screwed over in some way in Europe. Like taking a long time to come out after the US, or getting an insanely expensive SKU compared to the US.

NoE is needed so we can get translations without memes.

Grow up. It was one line in a game with hundreds.

SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ, SCEJA operating independent from each other is one of the most puzzling thing about Sony, the inconsistency between their policies and content is just... weird.

It's so incredibly inefficient. Not only do you have multiple people working on the exact same things, these people don't even do a very good job of solving regional issues but instead create more.

It's so dumb.

Rock Band always seems to get screwed over in some way in Europe. Like taking a long time to come out after the US, or getting an insanely expensive SKU compared to the US.

To be fair, that has usually been the fault of Harmonix/MTV/EA/Madcatz. This is more clearly on Sony's end.

It's so incredibly inefficient. Not only do you have multiple people working on the exact same things, these people don't even do a very good job of solving regional issues but instead create more.

It's so dumb.

For example they could have games that have been/were on PS+ in NA/EU months even years before in HK's PS+ line up, and HK's PS+ line up was consistently inferior to NA/EU/JP since like forever.

Kemal86

I don't know if this is still the case, but when I worked at a game dev about 7 years ago, SCEE were notorious for being extra strict on certification requirements and would routinely fail games/patches that SCEA would pass. They also provided basically zero detailed information as to why they failed a game.

Berordn

SCEinternational

Bam, done. Nuke SCEE from orbit.

chunk3rvd

Was a bit relieved that this was my Christmas present as I assumed all the EU launch problems would be fixed by then but I'm not holding my breath now. Even worse - I bet we end up waiting far longer for the RB1/2/3 exports than the rest of the world. Sort your shit out SCEE!

Rocksmith users suffered through all kinds of shit when the PS4 version launched. It took SCEE and Ubisoft over six months to sort their shit out.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if the crossposting isn't appreciated, but there's been a A Note to Our European Fans by HMXPOPE on their forums

Hey Gang,

Since launch we’ve been diligently keeping tabs on all the discussions going on here, as well as on other sites and social media. It’s clear that amongst our European Rock Band community there have been some frustrations “Where’s all my DLC?” “Why’s my DLC broken?” “I want to buy this game but can’t find it at my local store! What’s going on?” “Why doesn’t Harmonix care about its European fans?”

First off, thanks for sticking with us as we work through post-launch to address the issues you are reporting. We acknowledge that things haven’t been perfect. But I assure you we do care, very deeply, we are always listening, and we’re working through resolving everything.

Where are we with broken and missing DLC catalog tracks on the PlayStation Store in the SCEE region?

There are currently 431 songs with issues on the PlayStation Store in the SCEE region.
We expected we’d be able to say “it’s fixed” a lot sooner than it has turned out to be.
While we’ve made progress on the North American (SCEA) side, we appreciate it may have been frustrating for players to see less movement on the SCEE side and this is due to slightly different technical processes across the stores.
Our DLC producers have been working very closely with their counterparts at SCEE all along to identify and solve problems in the submission and entitlement process as they come up.
The SCEE folks have outlined a solution which will resolve the lion’s share of marketplace issues in one bulk update. For some more in depth information, the development work behind the scenes to ensure that our existing PS3 content is transferred across to PS4 is significant and there are many variables that need to be checked and built into the development cycle.
SCEE is already well underway with the process and targeting early December for release for the content to be updated in the Store.
We’ll communicate any further information as it comes up
As always, please continue to report any issues you come across with specific tracks as you find them! We also have seen feedback from European customers that they’ve had a hard time finding Rock Band 4 in their local retailers.

While you can readily download the game digitally from Xbox Live or the PSN Store, we’ve been overwhelmed with demand from retail regarding hardware bundles and we’re working hard with our partners at Mad Catz to restock on a weekly basis.

While we’ll continue to see big demand on stock through the year’s end, we’ll see more flowing into retailers in 2016 to respond to the demand we’ve seen.

Meanwhile, guitar bundles and Band in a Box bundles are IN STOCK at these retailers:

GAME UK
Amazon UK
Argos UK
Amazon DE
GameStop Germany
GameStop Nordics
Micromania France
FNAC France

We’ve always valued our European fans, and will continue to do so by showing up at events like GamesCom, Eurogamer Expo, and Paris Games Week, which Rock Band 4 has attended in 2015. Hope to see you at the next one!

So December. I'm guessing about a month from now, which is a long time still (and I don't count on the December 8th update being available Day 1 in Europe anyway), but at least we know.

Gobbly

Banned
Up to their old tricks again, the Rock Band export has been available for everybody except SCEE users for over a month - we truly do pay more for an inferior product.

Xav

Sony Europe are fucking dogshit. It's been like 8 months and we've yet to recieve a single patch for Guilty Gear Xrd. A game that was 6 months late in Europe to begin with.

I hate to say this but I hope some people lose their jobs. Tired of getting fucked over by Sony Europe. Europe is PlayStation's strongest market.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony Europe are fucking dogshit. It's been like 8 months and we've yet to recieve a single patch for Guilty Gear Xrd. A game that was 6 months late in Europe to begin with.

I hate to say this but I hope some people lose their jobs. Tired of getting fucked over by Sony Europe. Europe is PlayStation's strongest market.

PSN is a huge mess of separate store regions with entirely separate submission processes. Expanding the list of supported countries is all well and good, but I think Sony should focus on unifying the platform so as to be more like Steam, insofar that the store is universal but publishers have control over regional availability at the country level. Supporting more countries in the here and now is just going to make Sony's life harder if/when that ball gets rolling.

Top Bottom