• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Fox News baiting Trump with "Pence for President" editorial

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Word is Trump is already pissed at Pence for not fighting for him harder, and that on January 6th Pence is going to get put on the permanent Trump traitor list. Here's Fox News throwing out an article about Pence being a better 2024 candidate than Trump. Not sure if Trump will see it, if they don't talk about it on TV, but it feels like they are just trying to send Trump into a tantrum.

• Triggered
Reactions: Punkster88

Caffeine

Jan 17, 2013
Fly boy who brought u space force. idk hes kinda generic super by the book might be too safe. From what I hear his mom approves though.

Last edited:

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Trump’s number 1 flaw is and has been his vanity and lack of humility. As unfair as so much of his Presidency was, he misplayed his hand many, many times. He gave his opponents ammunition when he didn’t have to. It’s a really bad look now because he’s asking people to really go out on a limb here.

The election is never getting overturned. Whatever you think about it, you can take that to the bank.

He needs to focus again on how corrupt the congress is. They can’t even pass relief bills without tacking on billions in payoffs to their friends.

Nehezir

Sep 2, 2020
I'd consider voting Pence if he went a bit more patriotic and nationalistic. The worst dirt mud anyone has ever flung me about Pence is the dumb gay conversion camp thing that he probably only funded as a political move. otherwise, like a lot of republicans he doesn't talk about that kind of stuff anymore. Probably knows that's old paradigm shit that doesn't matter anymore.

However, when I've seen Pence speak or organize(especaily early into COVID) he seemed rather personable, straight forward, optimistic but strong, and not at all ridiculous. He cooperated with businesses to implement some plan or another. Don't really know what came off it after that because...well, 2020 has been a fuckin' rollercoaster, but I was impressed by the conference.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

DaleinCalgary

Feb 9, 2014
Pence is a yes man, thus why Trump picked him.

He wouldn't know what to do if he had to make his own decisions.

Aug 28, 2019
Trump’s number 1 flaw is and has been his vanity and lack of humility. As unfair as so much of his Presidency was, he misplayed his hand many, many times. He gave his opponents ammunition when he didn’t have to. It’s a really bad look now because he’s asking people to really go out on a limb here.

The election is never getting overturned. Whatever you think about it, you can take that to the bank.

He needs to focus again on how corrupt the congress is. They can’t even pass relief bills without tacking on billions in payoffs to their friends.

Nah, Trump is nearly 100% awesome, the only problems he has were him shying away from being himself on certain issues because of people like you thinking he goes too far. We needed too far after three decades of globalist bs

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Pence does not have the charisma or the populist streak, and he scares away anyone who isn't a bible-banger.

Ivanka has zero charisma either, she can sit in the background and look pretty but I don't think she's could survive the scrutiny. Don Jr. is a coke-head idiot.

Personality cults are seldom transferrable unless overwhelmingly popular. If Trump couldn't win a second term, I doubt a lesser candidate banking on their relationship to him could.

Nehezir

Sep 2, 2020
Pence does not have the charisma or the populist streak, and he scares away anyone who isn't a bible-banger.

Ivanka has zero charisma either, she can sit in the background and look pretty but I don't think she's could survive the scrutiny. Don Jr. is a coke-head idiot.

Personality cults are seldom transferrable unless overwhelmingly popular. If Trump couldn't win a second term, I doubt a lesser candidate banking on their relationship to him could.
ehhh....guy does kind of look like a sithlord.

kind of wish his memes caught on tho.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract
Aug 28, 2019

I read the first line of your post and was like oh cool I agree with SF on something in politics... then you went after Ivanka and ruined all that good will. Not even sure what "Trump couldn't win a second term" means, he had the biggest increase in votes for an incumbent in history, even if you took the election at face value as 100% legit that's not the performance of someone who "can't win"

Reactions: Ornlu

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020
That VP debate really showed just how presidential Pence actually was, yet all anyone can remember from it was the stupid fly landing on his head.

Reactions: Kenpachii

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Nah, Trump is nearly 100% awesome, the only problems he has were him shying away from being himself on certain issues because of people like you thinking he goes too far. We needed too far after three decades of globalist bs
Eh. He gets caught up in petty bullshit all the time. “I had the biggest ratings”. “I like war heroes who didn’t get captured.” He cares far too much about his image, often to his own detriment. I think he had almost all the right impulses, but he couldn’t get out of his own way sometimes. I also believe he was overall a very good president who should’ve been re-elected. But he had plenty of things he could’ve done better.

Aug 28, 2019
Eh. He gets caught up in petty bullshit all the time. “I had the biggest ratings”. “I like war heroes who didn’t get captured.” He cares far too much about his image, often to his own detriment. I think he had almost all the right impulses, but he couldn’t get out of his own way sometimes. I also believe he was overall a very good president who should’ve been re-elected. But he had plenty of things he could’ve done better.

I'm sick of people complaining about gaffes, Republicans have spent the past few decades apologizing for their big gaffes but the apology always makes it worse for them while the Dems apologize for nothing, after all, they're the people you apologize to. Trump refused to compromise or apologize, it was amazing.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
I'm sick of people complaining about gaffes, Republicans have spent the past few decades apologizing for their big gaffes but the apology always makes it worse for them while the Dems apologize for nothing, after all, they're the people you apologize to. Trump refused to compromise or apologize, it was amazing.
I didn’t want him to apologize. I wanted him to get past his personal stuff and tackle the real issues. He gets into all this nonsense about things that didn’t matter and the stuff he was trying to get done was lost in the shuffle. He was so unfocused at times that he often worked against himself.

I know he got fucked by the media and establishment. But he allowed them to control the narrative because he couldn’t remain disciplined.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019
I didn’t want him to apologize. I wanted him to get past his personal stuff and tackle the real issues. He gets into all this nonsense about things that didn’t matter and the stuff he was trying to get done was lost in the shuffle. He was so unfocused at times that he often worked against himself.

I know he got fucked by the media and establishment. But he allowed them to control the narrative because he couldn’t remain disciplined.

Considering how much he got done... still disagree.

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018

I mean I would argue that Biden had 0 charisma too. He mainly won because people just wanted Trump out of office.

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
I mean I would argue that Biden had 0 charisma too. He mainly won because people just wanted Trump out of office.
Biden won't inspire that kind of backlash, but since he probably won't be running in 2024 anyway, I expect there will be a dozen primary candidates on both sides, which wouldn't work well for Pence.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
I read the first line of your post and was like oh cool I agree with SF on something in politics... then you went after Ivanka and ruined all that good will. Not even sure what "Trump couldn't win a second term" means, he had the biggest increase in votes for an incumbent in history, even if you took the election at face value as 100% legit that's not the performance of someone who "can't win"
Ok, look, I get you're holding onto this believe that the election wasn't real, but to act like you cannot even parse the concept of saying "He couldn't even win" after he didn't win, like "what does that mean" feels a bit dense.

Clinging to this "Did good in terms of turnout," asterisk to his loss is meaningless because that's not how elections work. You gotta beat the guy you're running against, not your own high score.

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
Biden won't inspire that kind of backlash, but since he probably won't be running in 2024 anyway, I expect there will be a dozen primary candidates on both sides, which wouldn't work well for Pence.
Who knows. Never mentioned anything about pence though. Just pointing out charisma is not everything.

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020
biden was a good vice too
Nah, he wasn't. He put his foot in his mouth so many times that he was an embarrassment to the position. A fucking do nothing career politician that does what he is told without scruples. You think he is in the position he is in now organically? Ha! Even the NPC's in here don't give a shit about him. He and his scumbag family are the perfect kind of filthy for the globalists. Much corruption, many collateral!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: triplestation
Aug 28, 2019
Ok, look, I get you're holding onto this believe that the election wasn't real, but to act like you cannot even parse the concept of saying "He couldn't even win" after he didn't win, like "what does that mean" feels a bit dense.

Clinging to this "Did good in terms of turnout," asterisk to his loss is meaningless because that's not how elections work. You gotta beat the guy you're running against, not your own high score.

It's weird seeing you call anyone dense about anything. There's a different between couldn't and didn't and you want to talk about holding onto a belief... anyone holding onto the idea 80 million people voted Joe Biden is clinging to crazier beliefs than I am.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
That VP debate really showed just how presidential Pence actually was, yet all anyone can remember from it was the stupid fly landing on his head.
Don't forget that he was also mansplaining. I guess men are just supposed to agree with their opponents during a debate against women. Interruptions are a one way street apparently. I forgot that memo, must have been with the white boxers are racist for having a match against a black boxer edict that came out. I hate what society has become. How is some sort of segregation of races and sexes enforced through fear some utopia or helpful in any way other than to racists?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: mickaus

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
There's a different between couldn't and didn't
Only in the hypothethetical sense of "if such and such were different then he could have." And I'm not sure what that would be in this context. Like if he had an even less charismatic opponent who did even less campaigning? Or if he didn't spend 4 years alienating people in the first place? Like what are you saying?

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Yeah, because Mr Personality won this time.

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020
Nah. Pence was brought into the current administration for the bible vote. I don't think the bible vote would get you passed the primaries these days, especially 4 years from now.

Jul 24, 2018
Would Mike Pence's future plans being significantly downsized be the one topic that could bring the vast majority of the board together in agreement?

Last edited: