Fox news guest says Trump voters should crowdfund the wall

• Thread starter Deleted member 77995
  • Start date

Should Trump shutdown the government over the wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.newsweek.com/crowdfunding-should-pay-trumps-border-wall-fox-news-guest-1261650

"You can create a GoFundMe operation. Others suggest other ways, there is an existing effort called, I think, FundTheWall.com run by a sheriffs' association that’s raised some money, but nowhere near what is needed. And yet according to my mail, a lot of people are willing to chip in. One reader writes to me and says 'if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark. I think that's the kind of thing that needs to happen. It could be a people's wall. I don't really care about the mechanism. Do you do a tax checkoff of your retirement account?" Goodwin said. "But the important thing is the public could step in and effectively do this thing that the president wants."
Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi have said they will not allocate $5 billion demanded by Trump to construct part of the wall he promised during his campaign. The president's request for funding is a departure from earlier claims that Mexico would pay for the wall. He needs Democrats' support because of the 60-vote threshold to advance the measure in the Senate...
The president has at various times changed how much he said the wall will cost. He recently said it would cost $15 billion, according to NBC News. Estimates say it will cost between $8 billion and $67 billion, according to Bloomberg, with some that variation depending on how much wall is constructed.
"The Democrat Party has a simple choice, they can either choose to fight for America's working class or to promote illegal immigration. You can't do both," he said. If government leaders cannot settle their differences before Friday, 420,000 people will be forced to work without pay, while 380,000 others will be sent home, according to NPR
Well Gaf, would you pay for the wall?

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
Good idea. Then they can go invade Mexico or whatever to make them pay, and the non-crazy 2/3 of the country can go about its business.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I already voted during the last election for stronger border security...whether it be a wall or something else that would work better. I also already pay taxes. They can use the money I’ve already given them to pay for one of the things I voted for.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
You have more illegal immigrants living in your country than there are people in a lot of smaller countries. Nope not a problem at all.

I don't know if a wall will work since Cuban refugees floated over on doors to get in but it might make it more difficult. You also need to find a way to stop people from overstaying visas.

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Why don't we crowdfund everything we agree or don't agree with of what we expect of the government to do with tax dollars. :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

rykomatsu

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2008
If the wall is crowdfunded, then Obamacare should also be crowdfunded. Let's also crowdfund space exploration. And also crowdfund the FDA drug approval process.

Hell, why don't we pick and choose what to crowdfunded and get rid of taxes in general.

While I would gladly pay to crowdfund, it sets a horrible horrible precedence.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Yikes. I hope Trump doesn't try to use Patreon to crowdfund. His Manifest Observable Behavior isn't going to make it past their trust and safety team. Stay trusted and safe everyone.

Douche McBaggins The 3rd

Apr 17, 2011
Lets send cubans back to cuba and build a seawall to prevent them from coming. Ice needs to get those criminals out. They bring crime. They're rapists. They want to fuck their siblings. Remembee the documentary Scarface? This seawall is very badly needed.

haxan7

May 9, 2016
Lets send cubans back to cuba and build a seawall to prevent them from coming. Ice needs to get those criminals out. They bring crime. They're rapists. They want to fuck their siblings. Remembee the documentary Scarface? This seawall is very badly needed.
lot of people are going to miss your irony

Dec 3, 2018
I think only the people who want the wall should pay for the wall. I also think only people who pay for the wall should be protected by it. I'm for letting in illegal immigrants and telling them to only steal from certain houses.

I also think a wall is outdated. I mean, you can just climb over that shit. Instead of a wall, let's just make it a really steep inclined plane, covered with some sort of lubricant. Set up some cameras and Japan has its next reality show.

I think we should put a bunch of crates on the other side, so that everyone can equally enjoy the baseball game going on behind it.

Obviously, if we have a wall, we need to blare Pink Floyd over loud speakers all along it. It's the only way it makes sense.

The wall will also need a name. Great Wall of China is already taken. I'm thinking Great Wall of Mexico.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall so there's no need to crowdsource

May 22, 2018
To be perfectly honest I would be fine funding more border security if it will get Republican people to shut up about the border and illegal immigration and get them to focus more on other issues that the country is facing, but we have to abandon the ridiculous wall idea.

A Democratic House will never pass a budget for that boondoggle.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Taxes ARE crowdfunding.

Dems had 8 years to do something about immigration and they just kicked the can down the road. Neolib policies have fucked up South America and now they are hiding behind Republicans R Bad to avoid the consequences of their actions.

Last edited:

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
This wall is such a stupid idea. Waste of money.

Sure, improve the current areas of the wall that exist today that are falling down. But wasting billion on a wall? Nah.

Beef of immigration, tighten restrictions, and imo stop using our military as 'world police' and have them assist immigration along the borders.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, crowd funding the wall is a solid idea if it could fast track it. I'd even be willing to go for a more expensive tier that gets my name on a brick along with a custom message.

The wall is a bargain. All the other ideas that have been thrown around are complicated, take tons of manpower, and ultimately take forever to implement.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
I really don't know what Trump's strategy is anymore. He had 2 years to get funding for the wall. The best time would have been right after he won election, and if he made it his first priority we might have actually gotten funding for it. But for some reason he decided to focus on Obamacare and taxes and now it's already way too late.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
We elected Trump for his Immigration rhetoric above all else. The wall was a huge part of that. Also, what happened to the EO, ending birthright citizenship?

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
I really don't know what Trump's strategy is anymore. He had 2 years to get funding for the wall. The best time would have been right after he won election, and if he made it his first priority we might have actually gotten funding for it. But for some reason he decided to focus on Obamacare and taxes and now it's already way too late.
Republican donors care about taxes and Obamacare. They don’t care about a wall. The wall is just a show for the rubes.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
There were/are a lot of republicans in the McCain/Ryan camp that are pretty much never Trumpers, they might as well have been democrats. The fact that McCain himself didn't want Trump at his funeral should point out to people that the republican party has not been some love in for the first few years of Trump's Presidency. The Kavanaugh Trial galvanized these people together enough that they would now be able to get some of this through that would not have happened in 2016/17. Using binaries that Republicans held both the house and senate doesn't really look into the nuance of what was actually happening.