• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News sees muslim crescent moon in Obama nuclear summit logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugbot

Mudkips said:
Oh, I know what it's used as today. Sure, there is a huge overlap of actual bigots in the set of people who get called bigots, but they're still using the word incorrectly.
I'm all for the language growing and adapting, but changing existing shit makes puppies cry!
Disirregardlessly, there was not one person who did not know what he meant.

Cartman86

Banned
Mudkips said:
Did you watch the video? Then you watch Fox News. The fact that you (or GAF) only watch clips that people talk about doesn't make it any different. It's still watching Fox News, and specifically watching the dumbest parts of it.

Yes, "all news channels suck" is a valid argument. Because it's true.
Everyone hating on Fox News, while defending other networks, only judges Fox News based on the most ridiculous parts.

The Fox Network is the voice of a very vocal group. They have a large audience and they have talking heads who are consistently talking out of their asses. You can say all you want that every media outlet is the same, but that won't make it so. We're just going to have to disagree here, because there is no way you can watch MSNBC and see the same amount of idiocy as you would on Fox News. Sure they both suck, but the fact that Fox actually has a large audience tends to worry me. Especially when in my person life I know people who watch it and when we get together they will quote it.

Arthrus said:
But wait... the crescent moons on those flags resemble something. The moon! The Islamic nations of the world are clearly pawns that are controlled by the moon. Think about it. The tides go in and out every day, but they don't know that the moon is controlling them. America's true enemy isn't on land, but in orbit. We've been warring against the symptoms all this time. Now, we must conquer the source!
This is why I am against all tidal energy products. Clearly the work of the Islamic devil.

Trouble

Banned
m7x8i1.jpg

Hmm... what does that remind me of.

ENHANCE

I bet Obama's Shepard is renegade as fuck.

xcrunner529 said:
I would almost guarantee this shows up on the daily show tonight.
Fox News is just an endless supply of Daily Show material. It must be getting boring at the Daily Show since the job is so easy . . . go to media matters and find today's ridiculous Fox News assertion, write some funny, put it on TV with Jon Stewart making some funny faces. Profit!

Cartman86

Banned
If i'm intolerant of pedophiles, wife beaters or something that most people would consider awful am I bigoted? Or does bigot have to pertain to an irrational viewpoint? One that has little evidence to back up the specific hatred? I'm fine with either, but I am just curious, because i'm pretty intolerant of religion, and I wonder if I should technically be angry if someone calls me a bigot.

Would a bigot in my case be someone who simply assumes all people who are religious are idiots or evil? Because I don't believe that (in most cases). Can you be bigoted toward ideas?

Cartman86 said:
If i'm intolerant of pedophiles, wife beaters or something that most people would consider awful am I bigoted? Or does bigot have to pertain to an irrational viewpoint? One that has little evidence to back up the specific hatred? I'm fine with either, but I am just curious, because i'm pretty intolerant of religion, and I wonder if I should technically be angry if someone calls me a bigot.

Would a bigot in my case be someone who simply assumes all people who are religious are idiots or evil? Because I don't believe that (in most cases). Can you be bigoted toward ideas?

I think so, yes.

Cartman86 said:

Wife beater's can come from anywhere.

If there was a Muslim Wife Beater, and saying.. fucking Muslims.

That's the bigoted part.

Raydeen

BertramCooper said:
Yeah, we all know that the U.K. is the last bastion of journalistic integrity. :lol

Fuck you. Elvis IS alive and living on the Moon...which is made out of cheese. And no the fake moon landing style one.

Jeels

Dresden said:
It's a revealing insight into his real aims, like the destruction of the American culture and the collapse of Christian values, along with the proliferation of liberal satanist edumacation.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they talk about Liberalism, Communism, Islam, etc as if it were all one huge combined demi-ideology hellbent on destroying America, when they are all completely different, actually completely different categories of idealogy (political, economic, religious) and sometimes at odds with each other. My god. Most of the types who watch Fox News don't even know what communism actually is.

Lunchbox

Banned
"what you call that?
its like a monogram?
what you call that

A LOGO

yes yes, a logo"

:lol :lol :lol

fucking hillbillies

Cep

Banned
batbeg said:

Holy shit!

Lunchbox said:
"what you call that?
its like a monogram?
what you call that

A LOGO

yes yes, a logo"

:lol :lol :lol

fucking hillbillies

Uncalled for and very churlish of you.

She is actually a very intelligent individual, Wiki her to see her credentials.

They do this on purpose as to not appear "elitist" and to appeal to the "common man."

giga

The moon is Muslim, and therefore probably a terrorist sympathizer. Maybe we should waterboard it, and see how much it knows.

Internet_Explorer_7_Logo.png

:lol

Rorschach

Dabookerman said:
Also I thought of this.

[IM]http://wisestars.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/eclipse19951024_21.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah, I thought of earth being seen from space with the sun peaking out from behind the planet. Signifying a new dawn.

ghostmind

I remember, back in the day, when CNN first came to cable, back when "the news" was something you watched at 6pm and was full of mostly reporting, and very little opinion. My (young) thoughts were like "wow, this will be an amazing way for the world to share what is going on out there - 24 hours a day!". Little did I know that it would be the beginning of the end. In my wildest imagination I could not have predicted that something like FoxNews would actually be allowed to air, much less be taken as the only trustworthy news source by a large portion of the population.

I feel like an old man saying this, but what the hell happened to this world?

Lunchbox

Banned
Cep said:
Holy shit!

Uncalled for and very churlish of you.

She is actually a very intelligent individual, Wiki her to see her credentials.

They do this on purpose as to not appear "elitist" and to appeal to the "common man."

what? wiki who? how do you even know who she is? :lol

got a fox news watcher among us

I wish I had Fox News here in Canada... when I went to Mexico, I hit up Fox News before taking my naps to laugh myself to sleep

it is hilarious comedy... I wish I got watch it here in MTL... it is insanely ridiculous

Lunchbox

Banned
Jeels said:
Hmm...

http://www.turners.co.nz/About/news/PublishingImages/General%20Logos/20070520-firefox_logo.jpg/IMG]

We've taken over the internet![/QUOTE]

Now microsofts in on the act, someone call foxnews

[IMG]http://imgur.com/93QSY.png

Cep

Banned
Lunchbox said:
what? wiki who? how do you even know who she is? :lol

got a fox news watcher among us

lol, I actually do not remember her name, but the Daily Show had an entire bit about her dumbing herself down in order to appeal to her 'audience'.

hxa155

Micius said:
The word does come from Arabic you know... al-jabr. Now Americans actually have an excuse to fail at mathematics... "it's unpatriotic to study algebra!" :lol

What about alcohol, you're supporting terrorist by drinking alcohol. :lol

Socreges

Banned
After The Daily Show exposed Gretchen Carlson's dumbed-down persona, it's all I hear when she talks:

I need to go back to fourth grade geography, I think, and study these flags. Michael Goodwin apparently has done a lot of that because he says that the crescent moon that you see on the flags and in this particular, what do you call that, LOGO, thank you!
Just... wow.

Rubenov

There should be a channel called Faux News or something, established as a parody of Fox News. It should run 24/7, and make fun of FN's shenanigans for that day, or just go with the news like they were Fox themselves but in a comical way. A channel like that would be popular and reduce that pseud-news channel influence.

Cep

Banned
Socreges said:
After The Daily Show exposed Gretchen Carlson's dumbed-down persona, it's all I hear when she talks:

Just... wow.

Gretchen Carlson, that the name I could not remember.

Rubenov said:
There should be a channel called Faux News or something, established as a parody of Fox News. It should run 24/7, and make fun of FN's shenanigans for that day, or just go with the news like they were Fox themselves but in a comical way. A channel like that would be popular and reduce that pseud-news channel influence.

The Colbert Report is this.

Other related things:
Daily Show?

Fox News itself?

Mediamatters.com?

Crooksandliars.com?

Cep

Banned
speculawyer said:
The Colbert Report is this.

Other related things:
Daily Show?

Fox News itself?

Mediamatters.com?

Crooksandliars.com?

Are there similar sites that lampoon liberals as well? Bashing idiocy should never be one-sided.

Cep said:
Are there similar sites that lampoon liberals as well? Bashing idiocy should never be one-sided.

Colbert Report and Daily show actually rip both sides but it just that conservative media in general is just fucking stupid

Cep said:

Liberals don't have the quantity of bullshit required to make anything devoted to calling them out on it.

There's plenty of conservative sites that'll spout the usual anti-liberal, pro-conservative viewpoints though. I guess they pick up immediately on anything liberals do.

Cep

Banned
spiderman123 said:
Colbert Report and Daily show actually rip both sides but it just that conservative media in general is just fucking stupid

Very true.

This is actually one of the reasons why I respect them.

They are obviously liberal and pander to a liberal crowd, but they are not afraid to point out idiots, whomever they may be.

Aurora

Turkey's flag has absolutely nothing to do with Islam. What ignorant fools and what a ridiculous piece of "news".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom