• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FPS running on GZDoom, taking inspiration from F.E.A.R. and DOOM - Introducing "Selaco"

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How of the original id tech 1 is still present in GZDOOM? Because this looks quite impressive for a DOOM mod.

Last edited:

Banned
as someone who just recently finished Ion Fury... they have my attention!

Ion Fury is a fucking masterpiece btw... don't sleep on it! but play it on PC... the controller aim is atrocious.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Selaco is a brand new original shooter running on GZDoom, featuring thrilling action set pieces, destructibility, smart AI and a fleshed out story taking place within an immersive game world.

Throughout the video you might have noticed that there is a very slight camera tilt present on the screen. We get that this might seem a little weird in a video like this, especially without seeing proper context of what happened before it. The idea was to make the earthquakes feel more 'real' by adding a slight screen tilt to the screen (also known as a Dutch Angle), giving the illusion that the facility was actually crumbling down on top of you combined with some changes to how physics react to the game world.

We should have disabled this effect before recording to video to make it seem less confusing / weird. Rest assured, only a small portion of the campaign is like this and options have been added to disable the effect entirely if you please.

Thanks for watching our video and we are looking forward to sharing more soon!

- Altered Orbit Studios

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, they squeezed out everything from that engine

Scotty W

How of the original id tech 1 is still present in GZDOOM? Because this looks quite impressive for a DOOM mod.
I don’t know much about tech, but I have played Doom for many years.

My impression of gzdoom is that the tech is basically the same. I think gzdoom is a limit-removing port which removes certain limits like size and object number constraints. The reason it looks so much better seems to be certain lighting effects and support for hi-res textures.

I don’t think it can do room over room, but there are certain tricks in the base Doom engine which kind of allows this.

But as I said, I am very ignorant about this stuff, so if Graph Zall sees this please forgive me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

0:00 Intro & Opening Remarks
2:03 Gameplay Overview
4:17 FEAR Comparisons
6:02 Difficulty Modes
7:51 The Enemies
10:28 The Weapons & Combat
16:02 Visuals & Presentation
17:24 Critiques
19:02 Outro & Amazingly Awesome Patrons
20:22 FPS Documentary Teaser