• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile (Wii) playable at C3xHobby next week

batbeg

If we all put money into an account, surely we can fly someone to it, right? Right?!

Can't wait to
not
hear all about this :D
:(

Azure J

*Prays for MadWorld-like acclaim*

I need Wii RPGs to rally behind after all... I hope this & Arc Rise Fantasia do the trick.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Should be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't know that much about how the game actually plays.

vareon

Yes! A playable vaporware next week! :D

Based on the screens alone I don't know why they call this an RPG, so a demo should clear things up.

duckroll

birdchili said:
...and confirmation of a localization please.

too many promising japanese wii games have no localization announcement yet.

Why would there be a confirmation of localization to other regions at a Japanese toy, cartoon and game fair?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Soo...we will hopefully get some impressions later tonight/tomorrow?

Haunted

Japaaaan!
emot-argh.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
vareon said:
An old joke back then.

If I remember correctly our own Duckroll also called this vaporware... right before a batch of new screens showed up. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Andrex said:
If I remember correctly our own Duckroll also called this vaporware... right before a batch of new screens showed up. :lol

Yeah, like minutes before the game came screaming back to the fore, so to speak. :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
duckroll said:
I bet this playable demo is a hoax. Vaporware total!

Maybe now impressions will start popping up... ^^;
I support this use of Duckroll-reverse-psychology™.

Impressions from 2ch :

- Demo starts with the character at level 15 and 450HP, equipped with a Wooden Stick and a Vitamin item (+50HP recovery)
- Encountered enemy's tactic was basically to attack, vanish, reappear behind your character, then attack again.
- You can find a puzzle item during your exploration of the demo. If you go back to the fire which burns near the entrance of the stage, the character can sit back and examine the item. Incidentally, you can recover your HP by resting near a fire.
- The person who played the demo found it slightly annoying to turn the character around, like if you couldn't had to point all the way to the left or to the right. Says he got the same feeling as in Nanashi no Game (first person horror game on DS).
- Attack with the A button. Apparently no Wiimote swinging action necessary.
- The demo ends as you beat a mini-boss
- He thought the new trailer was "so-so", though the music was fantastic.

That's about it so far, I think.

D-Pad

Stormbringer said:
Impressions from 2ch :
- Demo starts with the character at level 15 and 450HP, equipped with a Wooden Stick and a Vitamin item (+50HP recovery)

Nice! Thanks for that. Level-ups, huh? Didn't know about that. Hype + 1!:D

Stormbringer said:
- The person who played the demo found it slightly annoying to turn the character around, like if you couldn't point all the way to the left or to the right. Says he got the same feeling as in Nanashi no Game (first person horror game on DS).

That doesn't sound good. Still plenty of time to iron out all the kinks though. I hope for this game to turn out to be one of Wii's best!

Haunted

Stormbringer said:
- You can find a puzzle item during your exploration of the demo. If you go back to the fire which burns near the entrance of the stage, the character can sit back and examine the item. Incidentally, you can recover your HP by resting near a fire.
Didn't even know it had such RPG elements, awesome.
Stormbringer said:
- Attack with the A button. Apparently no Wiimote swinging action necessary.
:(

Akai

batbeg said:
You use the wiimote for the flashlight though, don't you? Or did I only hope/imagine that?

Nope, you didn't imagine that... =)

It's interesting to see the RPG elements in play...So much ARPG love this generation it's ridiculous (in a good way!)

Haunted

batbeg said:
You use the wiimote for the flashlight though, don't you? Or did I only hope/imagine that?
oh, right.

It is an ARPG, right? I can't even remember seeing any enemies in the screens yet.

Hope we'll get some videos from the event?

Caelestis

Stormbringer said:
- The person who played the demo found it slightly annoying to turn the character around, like if you couldn't point all the way to the left or to the right. Says he got the same feeling as in Nanashi no Game (first person horror game on DS).
Everything sounds good, except this part. I hope the person is exaggerating...

Top Bottom