• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fragments" "Young Conker" appearing on the Windows Store?

Warxard

Banned
It seems that all 3 have been taken down from the store.

pKsbd5A.png

E3 gunna be lit

gafneo

Banned
Eh, performance was the least of its problems. It was an atrocious game in terms of mechanics and level design, and I don't think they got the tone right either. They did try though.

I think underneath it all they got everything right. Problem was, it was made in a game creator. Had glitchy designs where you could jump over walls that where supposed to be blocked off. The movements were odd because it was only meant for specific types of navigation and not tricky platforming.

gafneo

Banned
Eh, performance was the least of its problems. It was an atrocious game in terms of mechanics and level design, and I don't think they got the tone right either. They did try though.

I think underneath it all they got everything right. Problem was, it was made in a game creator. Had glitchy designs where you could jump over walls that where supposed to be blocked off. The movements were odd because it was only meant for specific types of navigation and not tricky platforming. I don't thinkk we seen the last of Team Dakota's Conker. They gave us only a proof of concept. TD is very talented for what they enabled you to do with PS.

Salty Hippo

I think it's easier to produce a smaller Conker game than a smaller Banjo game, because at this point if the next Banjo thing is anything other than a large, sprawling 3D platformer like the original there will be backlash from the fanbase

and a friendlier Conker in a prequel absolutely makes sense. Microsoft have no reason to sabotage their own IP

Dude, you have no idea how touchy Rare fans are. If they announce a friendly Conker game, prequel or not, there will be hell to pay just like there was with Nuts & Bolts. The blunders have been stacking for almost a decade now. First N&B happens. Then they turn Rare into a Kinect factory. Then they cocktease people with Conker in fucking Spark on an E3 conference. Then they release that 'game' and it's fucking trash. Now they'll disfigure Conker's personality next?

MS really has no reason to sabotage their own IP, but it would not be the first time if they did.

gafneo

Banned
Dude, you have no idea how touchy Rare fans are. If they announce a friendly Conker game, prequel or not, there will be hell to pay just like there was with Nuts & Bolts. The blunders have been stacking for almost a decade now. First N&B happens. Then they turn Rare into a Kinect factory. Then they cocktease people with Conker in fucking Spark on an E3 conference. Then they release that 'game' and it's fucking trash. Now they'll disfigure Conker's personality next?

MS really has no reason to sabotage their own IP, but it would not be the first time if they did.

lol, they will give Conker an american accent and he will have long legs and have squared body parts.

Seems like a good time/place to mention this.

I am big into pro wrestling and I noticed a few weeks back that pro wrestler Mr. Anderson (or Mr. Kennedy for WWE fans) had a really interesting post on Instagram. I had been crossing my fingers that it was Conker related.

B4mmx6x.png

I've got no idea if the these two findings match up, but I figured I would share.

I just don't know how conker would be received in 2016. Also a T conker game makes little sense. I hope fragments is something cool but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Seems like a good time/place to mention this.

I am big into pro wrestling and I noticed a few weeks back that pro wrestler Mr. Anderson (or Mr. Kennedy for WWE fans) had a really interesting post on Instagram. I had been crossing my fingers that it was Conker related.

B4mmx6x.png

I've got no idea if the these two findings match up, but I figured I would share.

I don't know if to panic or get hyped

daTRUballin

I just don't know how conker would be received in 2016. Also a T conker game makes little sense. I hope fragments is something cool but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I don't know how well a modern Conker would do either, but there's lots of new material to work with now. There's a lot of stuff in pop culture (and even in modern video games) that Conker can make fun of.

Shin-Ra

Young Conker – The rude and crude squirrel is ready for a new adventure… in your living room! The area around you is transformed into a level for Conker to explore. This means the game should have considerable replay value as different rooms represent entirely new levels.“It is amazing how different the play experience feels based on playing the game in your living room versus your kitchen or your bedroom. Even starting the game from a different position in a single room creates an entirely new gameplay dynamic,” Tsunoda wrote.
Tsunodaaa!

Justinh

He's literally becoming a figment in our imagination.

OMG
image.php

The Hololens Development Edition carries a $3,000 price tag and is packed with a mindboggling amount of documentation and instructional videos to help developers create applications for the device. We can now tell you that three games from Microsoft will be included with the Development Edition.
Uh, wow...
I think I remember seeing them say that at first it wasn't for consumers, but damn that's a lot. Is the high price a dev unit thing? How much were the DKs for Oculus? Were they cheaper because they were a start up?

I don't know how any of this works...

Top Bottom