• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France 2020 Sales Data

ethomaz

Banned

Takeaways stole from ERA’s Deluxera:

• PS4 has sold 5,98 million units in France as of January 2021. PS3 never got past 5 million.
  • Xbox One has sold less than 1,8 million units in total.
  • Both consoles have seen a stark decline in the territory. It is Microsof's worst year since 2005, while Sony has never sold less consoles in history.
  • Nintendo Switch, on the other hand, is enjoying unprecedented success with a 17% increase YoY.
  • Sony has roughly 48% market share in France (PS4+PS5), Nintendo has 37% (Switch only).
My maths using the %:

PS5: ~165k
Series: ~87k

Next-gen basically killed old-gen consoles sales.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Sony having huge supply issues lead to this result.

Hopefully they can solve it fast & throw 5 millions boxes into Europe.

Cyberpunkd

I'm sure lockdowns and spending time with your kids at home led to this result - there are simply way more options for family-oriented entertainment on the Switch. It's when you get to teenage years 14+ where the Playstation and Xbox start to become more important.

Unknown?

• PS4 has sold 5,98 million units in France as of January 2021. PS3 never got past 5 million.
  • Both consoles have seen a stark decline in the territory. It is Microsof's worst year since 2005, while Sony has never sold less consoles in history.
  • Nintendo Switch, on the other hand, is enjoying unprecedented success with a 17% increase YoY.
  • Sony has roughly 48% market share in France (PS4+PS5), Nintendo has 37% (Switch only).
My maths using the %:

Well that should be expected. Until the Pro was discontinued, it was the SAME price as a PS5. PS4 slim is still only $100 less than a PS5. Unless Sony can drop the price by 40% PS4 won't have legs at all.

Gamers can shit on the Switch all they want for it’s limitations and missing out on AAA third party games, but Nintendo made a brilliant move with this hybrid and it is king.

ethomaz

Banned
Well that should be expected. Until the Pro was discontinued, it was the SAME price as a PS5. PS4 slim is still only $100 less than a PS5. Unless Sony can drop the price by 40% PS4 won't have legs at all.
Yeap I think PS4 really needs a price cut but seems like Sony wants profit even after 100m.

Eanox

My maths using the %:

Nope the price tag is killing PS4 to stay relevant. There are still new games coming from it up until 2022 and the fact that
you can buy series S for $300.
Sony need to lower the price already to $200-250.

If the stock for both next gen normalize. Sony would be stupid not to drop the price of PS4.

MrA

Banned
I think the only people happy about those number (aka huge supply constraints) are the scalpers

Top Bottom