• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France military parade featured a flying man

Alx

What? That shit is noisy af, can be heard from miles "... boss! the navy seals are coming" , is very unstable, not a good platform for campers. You are an easy target up there ...

too expensive
too noisy
not practicable, unstable
overall a fun gadget to transport someone really fast out of a zone perhaps? Like in MGS5 ...

Improving current drone tech, to carry bigger weapons, more ammunition from A to B is most likely cheaper than a flying carpet made for a single dude.

It doesn't seem very practical as an individual vehicle indeed. But you never know, military can be creative. Since the platform can go up to 2000m, it may work coupled with a parachute. Also in mountain areas, you could more easily cross canyons and valleys.

I can see these being used for like emergency response or organ transportation situations. Imagine in London for instance if there is a terrorist attack and armed officers can zip zop zoom right to the spot in 2 minutes hop off their boards around the corner then take out the knifeman/ suicide vest wearer or whatever.

Because I'm clearly a sick person, my mind immediately went to

8sGaXYp.jpg

4mBOnWg.png

:messenger_savoring:

Top Bottom