• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor (The Janitor/Stinkles) of 343 Industries accused of sexually grooming teenage girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
How can he "groom" an adult?

Yea, seems weird. They're starting to stretch the goal posts here. When I was 25 I was in a relationship with a 19 year old. It was seen as perfectly normal. Are men only going to date women their own age now? Are MILFS going to become a relic of the past? This is all so stupid.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I went to Kotaku to look for some professional reporting on this story. But there does not seem to be any. They seem to have covered all the other stories this week, what could possibly be the reason this isn't newsworthy? :unsure:

aOivDMV.png

9IO7PVt.png

rgvcjY8.png

Burger

I'm not sure how you could look at that persons twitter feed and come away choosing to believe any of the gibberish that's been spewed up. If she was mentally deficient at the age of 20 then how the fuck do you get married?

Whole thing stinks.

I'm not sure how you could look at that persons twitter feed and come away choosing to believe any of the gibberish that's been spewed up. If she was mentally deficient at the age of 20 then how the fuck do you get married?

Whole thing stinks.

yup we've got where consensual relationships between adults are now abuse if the woman decides this retrospectively

Autistic adults can have the mental age of children.

I mean... how far do you want to take this argument? Will it be illegal to have sex with autistic adults? I think some autistic people are going to have a big problem with that

Burger

yup we've got where consensual relationships between adults are now abuse if the woman decides this retrospectively

Imagine a large game developer comes to you, a straight, white male and says "Hey we think you are great and we want you to be our community mananger, be present on social media, game forums, visit conventions etc and you know, just be out there loads and spend all of your days interacting with our fans."

You would need some pretty big balls, a load of Larry David consent videos to take that job on without sweating.

Imagine a large game developer comes to you, a straight, white male and says "Hey we think you are great and we want you to be our community mananger, be present on social media, game forums, visit conventions etc and you know, just be out there loads and spend all of your days interacting with our fans."

You would need some pretty big balls, a load of Larry David consent videos to take that job on without sweating.

edit: misread. I understand now

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
It's good that baseless allegations of sexual predation levied against men are becoming common. Now, more men will avoid women, which will make the experience of incels understandable to more men; men who routinely get laid will now know the pain of not having sex (though the reason will be different).

Just kidding. I honestly don't think that this will cause a significant percentage of men to stop pursuing women; the desire is too strong. Men will just accept allegations of sexual predation as a risk that they have to take.

Saruhashi

Banned

No sure I fully understand this one?

He "groomed" her at the age of 19/20 and it ruined her first marriage?

So wouldn't that kind of mean her husband "groomed" her too?

If she has autism does that mean it's basically illegal to have sex with her?
Surely not? (I am not Googling that one!)

Like, how was she ever married then?

Obviously I would 100% have a moral objection to some guy taking advantage of a lady with a low IQ, learning difficulties etc etc but it's really not clear what has happened here.

replicant-

I'm confused here. The person in question was 19/20. How can she be groomed? This is getting ridiculous.

I started dating my gf when she was 24 and I was 36. The age gap has never been a consideration - we are both adult. And no Twitter hive mind, asking her out for a drink wasn't grooming.

Last edited:

replicant-

Heartbreaking and disappointing. :( I talked to him on Era and he seemed nice, but off from his postings. Taking advantage of someone autistic is disgusting even if she was of age. I hope for Stinkles sake this isn't true.

Wait a minute. My friend was diagnosed as an adult with autism and is in a relationship with a great guy. Since when does being "autistic" mean someone can't be in a relationship? It isn't that black and white.

Lordani66

Banned
Foid translator: she did some sexual stuff with her but now she wishes she didnt so she completely alters the reality. If he was a Chad she wouldnt have to do it of course, it wouldnt have been sexual assault then.
Stay away from foids in 2020.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Honestly, as much of an annoying cunt Stinkles is, I think he didn't really do anything wrong (I don't give a shit whether he was in a relationship at the time it happened). As she is a Halo fanatic it's the actions/words of other staff that will carry the most weight.

If she is nuts she could have easily picked another staff member who now would be under the microscope and Stinkles got a shit roll of the dice. I'd rather be accused of murder than rape/sexual assault as it's an odur that can never fully be washed away.

If he took advantage of a woman with autism that affected her maturity to make sound decisions, then fuck that scummy cunt.

However, as much as I enjoy mocking the man, I'm not going to call him a sex offender until more comes out. I will keep mocking him, I'm only human.

Mithos

Just kidding. I honestly don't think that this will cause a significant percentage of men to stop pursuing women; the desire is too strong. Men will just accept allegations of sexual predation as a risk that they have to take.

Whats the phrase feminists and women use... Oh yeah... "We shouldn't have to be forced to accept/deal with that."

Last edited:
I will just add this: IF he truly did anything crime-worthy, it'd be highly ironic that ONCE AGAIN a criminal is born from Resetera (and let's be real: Amirox was part of Resetera before Resetera even existed).

shaddam

Im not expert on autism (just sometimes people call me one), but how can be she married when she knows about herself that she is child in the head? If somebody can make a decision like marriage, I''m sure that person is a grown up. BTW can she wrote? Drive?

CAB_Life

Can’t groom an adult. I’ve never seen a culture so dead-set on deflection and projection. Our society is profoundly, terminally unhappy and unable to critically examine themselves to find what could make them better.

None of this navel-gazing and hostility will end well. It’s insulting to actual victims/survivors of abuse and it waters down and distorts the presence and impact of actual sexual crimes.

Portugeezer

Nothing as far as I can tell, the only thing would hinge on her being legally not an adult at 19 due to autism, which needs to be addressed in court if its real, otherwise it shouldn't be brought up IMO.
Autistics deserve love too... Specifically O'connors love

Kev Kev

Can’t groom an adult. I’ve never seen a culture so dead-set on deflection and projection. Our society is profoundly, terminally unhappy and unable to critically examine themselves to find what could make them better.

None of this navel-gazing and hostility will end well. It’s insulting to actual victims/survivors of abuse and it waters down and distorts the presence and impact of actual sexual crimes.
well said!

Handy Fake

Whole thing stinks.
This immediately sprang to mind here too.
A manipulative cad and bounder, maybe. Not the nicest bloke. But I think this is a tad sensationalised.

Lunk

You know, people with autism has a tendency to delude themselves about when they're having relationships with other people. It's like "The girl talked to me, is she in love with me???" I have an aspie friend who is sort of like that. The accuser here is unable to figure out what his interactions were about and is massively conflating things, from how it seems to me.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
On a side note, has anyone noticed that these types of people list being autistic almost as often as the list their prounouns and include #BLM in their bios? Is claiming to be autistic the new trendy thing for the SJW crowd or are the majority of them actually autistic and that's why they are so easily manipulated and unable to think or discuss rationally?
It's an additional layer of defense for the fantasy-persona they make. For instance, an old friend recently came out to me via text as trans but also made sure to include "I am also dealing with some autism/apsie symptoms" which is a farce. Prior to the transition they'd been in therapy/counseling for YEARS (including a psychiatrist at times, who would prescribe pills) and neither a diagnosis of autism nor aspergers (which is on the autism spectrum now) ever came up.

My suspicions is that trans / autism are the new umbrellas for "social anxiety" and general depression among medical professionals, much like "depression" and "ADHD" were the catch-alls for most adolescent / teenage behaviors in the 90s.

If you feel awkward when trying to tell your boss something... Hmm, perhaps you're on the autism spectrum. See me next week but take this pill in the meanwhile. If you feel awkward when you look at you pasty body in the bathroom mirror... Hmm, perhaps you are experiencing "gender dysmorphia". Have you considered that you may not actually be male?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This the very active Era poster? LOoOoOL

Era seems to have shut their thread down. Must be nice to have allies cover for you when accused of this.

Also I didn’t realize he was “Upper Management” lol now I really want him to suffer for this.

Way worse than Angry Joe having one awkward night

Last edited:

dolabla

I have no idea if this is true or not, but this dude was an extremely self righteous turd like a lot on REE. I do think it's pretty funny these most self righteous ones (and this guy definitely was) end up getting eaten up by the monster that they participated in creating.

If it's not true, maybe some self reflection will do him some good now that he's been eaten by his own, these batshit loons that they are.

Cravis

Is she medically diagnosed autistic? Or is she one of those “I took the 10 question test online and it said I may be autistic so I’m going to identify as autistic from here on out” types?

Iced Arcade

This the very active Era poster? LOoOoOL

Era seems to have shut their thread down. Must be nice to have allies cover for you when accused of this.

Also I didn’t realize he was “Upper Management” lol now I really want him to suffer for this.

Way worse than Angry Joe having one awkward night
Did you do any actually reading? For curiosity sake

MrMephistoX

Fair enough. Still there are so many people online these days claiming to be autistic, even then there is a spectrum.
Having autism doesn't necessarily mean you aren't capable of being a functioning adult, even though that's what many people generally think when they hear that.

You'll have to forgive me for being so skeptical.

I’ve never been diagnosed and elementary school aged screening in the late 80’s and early 90’s wasn’t a thing so I never got tested but given how shy and awkward I was as a kid I’d probably have been on the spectrum too.

Well yeah what she is saying is sketchy AF, but that never mattered, believe all women no matter what.

Depends...can we look up his voting records and political contributions?

Last edited:
The title of this thread is click-baity, teenage girl makes it sound worse than it is.

19/20 is not an age you may be groomed. Autism probably doesn't help with the issues there, but this girl clearly has them as she appears to be quite the social butterfly for being autistic.

Are we just assuming Frankie is guilty of this? I can't recall a time where he gave off a creep vibe.

Last edited:

Mendax

The title of this thread is click-baity, teenage girl makes it sound worse than it is.

19/20 is not an age you may be groomed. Autism probably doesn't help with the issues there, but this girl clearly has them as she appears to be quite the social butterfly for being autistic.

Are we just assuming Frankie is guilty of this? I can't recall a time where he gave off a creep vibe.

he actively posts on that reeeeee forum though. That's creepy enough for me.

peronmls

How can we take her seriously when she is not even using the proper words. Why do people go to twitter instead of the police. It's almost like they don't care anyway about their own situation.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I went to Kotaku to look for some professional reporting on this story. But there does not seem to be any. They seem to have covered all the other stories this week, what could possibly be the reason this isn't newsworthy? :unsure:

aOivDMV.png

9IO7PVt.png

rgvcjY8.png

With a new console generation on the horizon and tons of great new games that have been revealed recently it good to know Kotaku is covering the most important aspect of our hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom