• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor (The Janitor/Stinkles) of 343 Industries accused of sexually grooming teenage girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

iconmaster

Banned
You know why - it gets them the results they want, and fast. A ton of sympathy and attention from strangers, and a nice head on a stick.

Salome was the real MVP -- she got it done without Twitter.

Gallerie-Barberini-Corsini-Salome-con-la-testa-del-Battista-Guido-Reni.jpg

TaySan

Banned
Wait a minute. My friend was diagnosed as an adult with autism and is in a relationship with a great guy. Since when does being "autistic" mean someone can't be in a relationship? It isn't that black and white.
I'm autistic myself and i understand that. It depends on where she falls on the spectrum as she may not be in the same mental state as someone of her age. So it's still shitty to take advantage of her knowing that.
LOL. Very good.

Now you've got me wondering if NeoGAF Taysan and ResetEra TaySan are actually the same person.
Which one is Parody TaySan?
Rest assured, both are one in the same. :]

Saruhashi

Banned
Sorry but remind me again how its possible to "groom" a 20 year old for sex?

She is autistic mate so it could be a case that she is 20 years old but she could (trying to be as polite as possible here) have a mental age of 12 or something, depending on the severity.

What struck me though was that she claims this ruined her 1st marriage.
So there's possibly a contradiction in there since he is accused of "grooming" her but also she ended up marrying a guy so I'm not sure if that would be seen as grooming also.

jigglet

Banned
Even if this was true, you'd need to prove that Stinkles was aware that she was autistic. I've met several highly functioning autistic people before and you'd never know. You'd only think they were hyperactive or just a little unusual; which is not a rare occurrence when you're working in a west-coast tech firm. It's an area / industry that attracts many unusual people, that's why it's the cradle of innovation.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Did you do any actually reading? For curiosity sake
a tiny bit. i don't know this guy i don't play Halo and i don't know this woman. so the level i care about this is very low and only related to Era SJW politics coming back to bite them in the ass. im not going to waste a lot of time investing into this story. its interesting as a drive by case.

i do think her being an autistic and him being established AAA upper management both make this far worse than if this was a peer relationship between two 20 year olds.
Even if this was true, you'd need to prove that Stinkles was aware that she was autistic.
i dont think that matters. it's not like "i thought she was 16" was a legit defense. intent on the part of the abuser. really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

wzy

She is autistic mate so it could be a case that she is 20 years old but she could (trying to be as polite as possible here) have a mental age of 12 or something, depending on the severity.

So there's possibly a contradiction in there since he is accused of "grooming" her but also she ended up marrying a guy so I'm not sure if that would be seen as grooming also.

Being groomed ruined her first marriage? The autism didn't do that?

Codes 208

Sorry but remind me again how its possible to "groom" a 20 year old for sex?
She’s autistic. Mentally a lot of people like us are much younger than our peers. We don’t exactly think on the same level as your average person. Growing up I found myself far more naive and gullible than my peers and even as an adult there’s still a certain level of social skills I lack. Plus common sense is hardly second nature.

As a late teen its possible that her story holds weight as I expect someone like her to be easier to manipulate.

granted, it’s also possible she’s just trying to gain attention, in which case using autism as an excuse is just childish.

wzy

That doesn't even make any sense though! I grant that social cues are difficult to interpret for autistic people but having someone's dick in your mouth isn't ambiguous no matter what your neurological condition happens to be.

wzy

Either fire everyone who owns a dick or fire everyone who doesn't. One way or another we've gotta get some fucking work done, here.

If the story is going to continue to be "I can't be held accountable for my actions because the homunculus who lives inside of my skull is retarded/a woman" then I don't see how we can possibly exclude libido owning males from that protected category as well (worst part: especially if they're pedophiles). Get them a t-shirt, I guess.

Last edited:

zeioIIDX

Hmm. I know an autistic 21 year old woman who is super friendly, flirty, and touchy-feely. I initially thought she was coming on to me. Come to find out, she told me she has autism and socially, she's just very outgoing and affectionate and that it tends to give off the wrong signals to men. I wonder whether the lady accusing Stinkles of grooming or whatever has a similar personality. Even if that's not the case, I can definitely see how an autistic young adult / older teen individual could be groomed or feel that way. I hate that these accusations rarely ever have supporting evidence or corroborating witnesses.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Autism now is a "spectrum". Compared to what was considered being autistic 25+ years ago, it's largely not. Same as what was formerly considered sexual assault in the past(i.e. rape, molestation) compared to what we have now with "feeling bad" about consensual interactions in the vaguest of terms. I haven't heard any of these women claim they were raped or molested, just that they feel bad.

We live in a society, that despite the claims of "equality", men are still expected to "make the pass" at women to initiate relationships. If you are putting out signals like going out for dinner alone despite being a relationship, or showing up at hotel room while somebody is showering or changing, or partying/having drinks/PMing with somebody, don't be surprised if they get the wrong idea and show interest back. 30% of relationships start at work. This is just life.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Frank O'Conner definitely fits this profile of hypocritical fake progressive and has been all too enthusiastic to send other people to jail over this very thing (simply being accused.) Even if he didn't do it I'm gonna enjoy seeing him go through the machine helped create.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I can't stand the guy, never could, he's trash IMHO. But I'm not going to opinion my way into what happened or not. I have no way of knowing what the facts are.

Last edited:

NickFire

Has Microsoft released a statement yet? Are they investigating these claims? What are they doing to protect junior devs from being groomed? At a minimal this should be a wake-up call to start an important conversation, right?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There is just not enough information for me to go by one way or the other.
I mean you can believe her based on what she claimed or believe him based on he is on a message board that you are on and has said nothing. One seems like more evidence based approach.

Then go to the police.
Why? She did not say he committed a crime or even assaulted her. Can she not point out Shitty behavior without going to the authorities about it?

The fact he was upper management at AAA game studio and pulled this is reason enough to think he is scum. It was a selfish thing to do that put her and his company both at risk.

When u have that kind of power and visibility you are a representative of your company. That comes with the high title and high salary. If he was a burger cook at a fast food place with no industry connections then this wouldn’t be a deal at all really. Just maybe kinda creepy. It is the implication of quid pro quo that makes it suspect.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'm autistic myself and i understand that. It depends on where she falls on the spectrum as she may not be in the same mental state as someone of her age. So it's still shitty to take advantage of her knowing that.

Rest assured, both are one in the same. :]
Well and how can you tell if is someone autistic, it's like...there is pretty huge spectrum. It's a serious question, is it some takeaway, which gives it right on?

I mean you can believe her based on what she claimed or believe him based on he is on a message board that you are on. One seems like more evidence based approach.

Why? She did not say he committed a crime or even assaulted her. Can she not point out Shitty behavior without going to the authorities about it?
proof would be nice.

My mother is 18 years younger than my father. She was 20 when they met and 22 when they married.

Any way, Bill Maher has been saying this for years that the "MeToo" movement is criminalizing flirting and heath adult relations.
They are now more conservative than Mormons and Menonites.

Data Ghost

From this thread I ended up browsing back through her Twitter timeline and...its just flat out weird basically.

Also she is 'scared' but has still decided to post odd, cryptic tweets with juuuust enough info in them for people to connect the dots. That doesn't seem like an autistic person, it seems like someone who wants to stir up a little trouble.

Oh and I didn't realise you weren't allowed to date someone who is of legal age if they happen to be autistic. GTFO. Her #MeToo game is weak.

Last edited:
My mother is 18 years younger than my father. She was 20 when they met and 22 when they married.

Any way, Bill Maher has been saying this for years that the "MeToo" movement is criminalizing flirting and heath adult relations.
They are now more conservative than Mormons and Menonites.

Everyone poo-poo'd Pence's stance on being alone with women.. but they've essentially made it where that's the only sure-fire way to prevent a false accusation now.

We have a vague time frame but no witnesses, no location, nothing else really except for her word against his... Sounds like enough to attempt to railroad a SCOTUS nominee to me.

One odd thing in digging through her weird ass posts, she has a lot of pictures which seem to corroborate her being at the Bungie studios (maybe 343i but seems mostly like Bungie back in the day). Playing with Halo props, posing with statues/etc. Not really any of her with the devs or anything, but she's clearly there with the stuff. After hours? Private tour?

Wild speculation, but if she was 'crazy into Halo' when Halo 3 launched, maybe she charmed/flirted her way into access? At that point it could have gone a number of ways. Maybe she WANTED more but whoever got her in was like "uh no" and so she created her own imaginary relationship... OR maybe the person did take advantage of her fandom/youth/autism/whatever and exploited it for a while. It's not out of the realm of possibility, though she certainly do her case any favors by posting such batshit insane stuff.

The meta-level stuff of Stinkles getting owned by his own stupid beliefs is entertainment enough, but if there is actually some truth to this.. hopefully it gets figured out and dealt with.

She dresses "asian" with kimonos and what not, though I can't tell her ancestry.. though I know Stinkles married a lady (from China I think?). Is this her trying to appeal to him? Did he like it when she did that? Que curioso.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
The meta-level stuff of Stinkles getting owned by his own stupid beliefs is entertainment enough, but if there is actually some truth to this.. hopefully it gets figured out and dealt with.
Unfortunately I feel this accusation is gonna be the only one that won't be reported anywhere.

Can someone explain me how can you groom 20 year old woman ?

Essentially either because she was mentally not an adult due to "autism", or because he was in a much higher position (At Bungie/343i/Halo) compared to hers (fan?), or both I guess.

Here's a definition I found on the interwebs

What is Grooming? Grooming is the predatory act of maneuvering another individual into a position that makes them more isolated, dependent, likely to trust, and more vulnerable to abusive behavior. The goal is to prepare the other person for abuse (for example sexual or financial) at a later time.

So theoretically, if Stinkles was stringing her along, showering her in Halo stuff, all the while doing so with a nerfarious purpose, it would likely fit the grooming description, even if she wasn't technically a child by age.

Can someone explain to me why this same fucking question keeps getting asked ITT

Should be in the OP probably.

StormCell

Going to go out on a limb and assume that she's not so terribly autistic to be unable to carry on adult relationships. I think her claims of grooming mostly surround the fact that someone twice her age was able to lower her defenses under the guise of friendship while always intending to take it further, and she suddenly found herself attracted to a man twice her age. In looking back on it, it probably freaked her out some.

It totally seems like an unfair thing for her to say. It's like casting shade at the dude because she can make him sound like a pedo. Too bad, though. I guess if he was Harrison Ford, it would all be different. lol

Also, about her mentioning her first marriage. This sounds like a claim that emotional baggage she has carried along soured her marriage and caused her husband to divorce her, or she just couldn't find peace and happiness. More shade.

Last edited:

I would guess he needs to come out and categorically deny any involvement with her. That, combined with a lot of people 'in the Halo community' saying she's crazy will be enough for this to go away. If he ignores this, it only looks like he is guilty of.. something.

I think she's either just a wacko, OR whatever did happen to her made her this way (or contributed). I could see someone you love/trust/look up to/runs your favorite franchise messing you over pretty bad could cause someone to crack, especially if they're already predisposed to it due to neurological disorders/etc.

I do think there is still an over 50% chance she's just delusional.

Last edited:
WTF is happening. Is it Accuse X person om Twitter, day today? . Will there be proper investigation on all these allegations made on Twitter by all these women? These are serious allegations and need proper investigation and proof.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
With him being on Resetera now that he's abandoned GAF, how have they taken this news?

I'll say the same thing from Angry Joe's thread. Show me proof. You're an adult, be an adult. These kinds of people will say they are smart enough to vote out our evil president and that 16 year olds should have the right to vote and it's okay to sexualize a child and in the same breath say they are 19 year old kids that are being taken advantage of.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
She just comes across so full of shit.. "i have to be cryptic b/c I fee unsafe"???

Like..why is it "safer" for you to basically just make vague accusations than to just come out and say WTF the dude supposedly did?

edit: I see she kinda does have a real accusation now:

Grooming an Adult for Sex, then the subsequent coerced sex is a real thing. Weinstein, Epstein, Hollywood, etc.

So he coerced her into sex?

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Can someone explain to me why this same fucking question keeps getting asked ITT

In my country when when you are 15 you already lose card of "i don't know what is sex" and by the time you get 18 you go to jail for everything you do. I guessed that US is civilized nation that has similar law, which is why i asked that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom