• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freddie Mercury is back...as a hologram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that's that.

And so it begins: A hologram of Freddie Mercury will reportedly perform alongside his former bandmates when Queen takes the stage next Monday for a special show commemorating the 10th anniversary of the hit jukebox musical We Will Rock You.

"It's a little unfortunate they did that thing with Tupac as we've been trying to make Freddie appear on the stage for quite a while," guitarist Brian May told the BBC, adding that Mercury's hologram will not employ the same technology used by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg to bring the late rapper to life at Coachella last month.

This is...blegh...

People will pay for what they want to see. Giving some the opportunities for a live concert like experience with musicians they would otherwise never get to see. Is it disrespectful to those that are made into these holograms? Irrelevant. They're dead. People are always making money off of dead people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
10th anniversary of We Will Rock You? Uh...?

sky

They aren't holograms!

They are 2D video projections... although I guess holograms sounds sexier.

DungeonO

Waiting for inevitable George Harrison and John Lennon holograms...

Or have they happened already?

While George was still alive they did record Free as a Bird and Real Love over recordings John did on his own. That's sort of down the same alley.

as I was reading the title my mind changed "...as a hologram" to "...in pog form"

bV1ofoXeMnztddndYiTwh820o1_500.png

magenta

Bet artists will be signing off holographic rights (whatever you want to call it) when signing contracts soon. Why pay an artist when you can have a copy working on stage for free.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Please don't do this with The Beatles, Cobain, Ian Curtis, etc.

God, I hope they do. Just for the outrage. I'll clear my schedule just to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Bring back every dead artist and charge people for those concerts. Live band, but all of the dead members are holograms.

I'll never go, but I want that those tasty reactions
KuGsj.gif

FyreWulff

so this is the music version of 3d films...

Well if you think about it, this is pretty much a different way of showing a concert film.

Although, the train has already left the station. They already show video of him singing certain parts of songs in concert, so not sure why jumping to a hologram would make much of a difference.

On the last tour they did the band actually played a video of him singing while they all played along, this seems like the next step for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom