• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

Cruzader

Banned
Ok so why isn't there a thread for this on GAF yet? Is Wario on vacation?

1.Go Here.
2.Enter you PSN info (US accounts only *update* appears Candian accoutns don't qualify, sorry!)
3.Sign up
4....wait around 24 hours~72 hours...(servers may get hit hard,be patient)
5.Profit?

Basically its for a promo to sign up for Playstation emails which Im sure we all get but going through the above link makes you $6 free PSN credit. Its stated to be used for Video content but the thing is, its an actual voucher code you redeem and the credit goes to your wallet. So get in here and sign up. Its an official promotion from Sony and you will get some free money to buy anything off PSN.

So what say you, GAF?

NOTICE: It appears people who signed up Late Friday (11/11/11), have not received anything so far, only those who did earlier that day or before then. This might mean that they are either out of codes or that its gonna take a while to send out hundreds of emails with voucher codes generated. This is my speculation so dont take it as anything solid.

Canadian users: alot of Canadians(and US users) have reported that they havent received a code once they signed up. Im not sure if its from the above issue or that you dont qualify. Sorry I cant confirm.

I recommend taking a wait and see approach. If nothing is received by this upcoming week (11/14-11/18), I'd say the deal is DEAD.

PS: There are no such things as email confirmation when you first sign up so stop freaking out about this.

Update 11/14 @ ~8pm EST : Codes are now arriving to US account holders again if you signed up late Friday. Also the sign up link on the top appears to be dead so no more sign up for now. Also Canadian brothers, it appears you won't be getting anything. Sorry wish I could help. Blame Sony Canada.

Mini FAQ
How long will this promotion last for?
"The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012* (Promotional Term”)."

*And/or before supplies last. There are limited quantities.

How to Opt out of emails from Sony:

Just sign into PSN http://us.playstation.com/psn/
Hovering over PSN ID will give a drop down menu. Select "Account Settings"
First thing on the page should be "Your Contact Preferences"
Uncheck the box "I don't want to miss out! Please add me to your communications"
Click "Save Changes" (Credits to SD)

How to reset your password:
1. Go here.
2. Enter acount email and DOB used when you made the account.
3. You'll get an email with a link to make new Password.

Is this for Movie content only?
-No, it can be used on anything PSN including games and DLC. Anything that uses the wallet credit.

Does the $5.99 credit expire?
-Yes and no.

1. The voucher code you get will expire around January of 2012 if not used.
2. Once the code is redeemed into your PSN account, the credit added to your wallet WILL NOT expire. So please redeem it ASAP before you forget.

Can't I just make a new account and exploit the system?
-No you cant as this only applied to existing PSN account users. New account members (date the promo began) cannot apply for the free credit.

Can I stack multiple codes onto a single PSN account from other older/family/friend accounts?
-Yes, you can. Although its unlikely that Sony would do something, I would advice not to stack more than 2-3. You dont want a red flag going up under your main account. Just read the Terms from the site if you are unsure about this.

Who can apply to this promo?
- US and Canada users are confirmed to work. I think other regions (outside NA region) can apply with their regional accounts but its not guaranteed to work. So give it a try and wait a day or so. Ill update incase they do work.

Link to Full Terms and Conditions, please?
-Sure, its the same link on top. Just scroll to the bottom and click on the terms and conditions link.

DMPrince said:
movie credit. there's nothing to use $5.99 on anyways. Chrono Chross is more D:
It seems that the credit can be used on anything in the Playstation Store. I haven't spent my credit yet, though. So I can't confirm. It's just sitting in my wallet.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It seems to have gone through with my Canadian account.... we will see.

Reknoc

Logged on to my EU and JP account and it said it sent the codes, though I have yet to receive them. Got the one from my US account though.

Does it show up automatically in your wallet? Or if you have more than one PSN account could you sign up for the credit on the other accounts then just redeem the code on one account to stack the credit?

=D Got my credit already.
(I did this like 2 days ago)
Time to buy...I DONT KNOW, but I'm not gonna say no to free credit.

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
Does it show up automatically in your wallet? Or if you have more than one PSN account could you sign up for the credit on the other accounts then just redeem the code on one account to stack the credit?

It gets sent to the email associated with the account.
So you can stack. Or so I hear.
>.>
<.<
And can confirm.
>.>
<.<

Cruzader

Banned
CrAzYLeGzLU said:
Lets not turn this into a Constanza thread please. Codes are limited!

Top Bottom