• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

styl3s

So i have 35 and some change thanks to this.. what to buy? i wouldn't mind buying a full PS3 game or something i don't need any PSone titles.

Foxix Von

Hmm crap. Grandia is 10 bucks....

So it's between Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, legend of mana, and Breath of Fire IV.

Alundra is tempting but I'm more in the mood for an RPG... anyone care to sway my purchase one way or another? I'm really not sure what to snag.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Foxix said:

So it's between Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, legend of mana, and Breath of Fire IV.

Alundra is tempting but I'm more in the mood for an RPG... anyone care to sway my purchase one way or another? I'm really not sure what to snag.

Motherfucking, Front Mission 3, bitch.

Do you like mechs? Fuck yes you do. Do you like Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre/Disgaea/SRPGs? Fuck yes you do. Do you like Armored Core's mech customization? Fuck yes you do.

Well this motherfucker has ALL OF THOSE COMBINED with a decent military story. Sweet Jesus, it's $5.99 and Square is insane to not charge the Square Tax on this game!

I so can't do that meme justice. But seriously: FM3, or BoF4.

So because of this I have $8.01. What is worth getting for roughly that price or less? I'm in the UK so are there any great games that were never released here?

johnsmith

remember me
Foxix said:

Vagrant Story if you've never played it. Amazing game. Great graphics for the era, and really nice writing.

Foxix Von

TheSeks said:
Motherfucking, Front Mission 3, bitch.

Do you like mechs? Fuck yes you do. Do you like Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre/Disgaea/SRPGs? Fuck yes you do. Do you like Armored Core's mech customization? Fuck yes you do.

Well this motherfucker has ALL OF THOSE COMBINED with a decent military story. Sweet Jesus, it's $5.99 and Square is insane to not charge the Square Tax on this game!

I so can't do that meme justice. But seriously: FM3, or BoF4.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the meme but damnit, I like your enthusiasm and I've been itching for some giant robots lately so FM3 it is. Thanks!

Worst case scenario is that I end up hating it and even then I have someone to blame :D

Cruzader

Banned
kayos90 said:
Finally got mine! Gonna save it for something I can use later. This doesn't expire, right?
Redeem it or else. The actual code does if not used by Jan, 2012.

PS: When it goes to your wallet, it wont expire. The code unused will if not used by the above date.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
heringer said:
Got mine.

Is Hydrophobia worth it?

I'm nearly done with the game and I say this game is OK to average by my standards. It's like a cheap version of Uncharted 1. The shooting mechanic is terribly wonky. Fortunately I got it free on PS+. If you enjoying collecting things, then you'll have fun with this game to some extent.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Foxix said:
Hmm, I'm not familiar with the meme but damnit, I like your enthusiasm and I've been itching for some giant robots lately so FM3 it is. Thanks!

Worst case scenario is that I end up hating it and even then I have someone to blame :D

It's got an extremely niche following, but it's an AMAZING SRPG series.

If this doesn't hype you, then I dunno.

Here's some gameplay, even

If you enjoy FM3, FM5 will BLOW YOU AWAY in terms of presentation, but you have to get the fan translation for it.

Polyphony

Canadian here, still nothing after 4 days. Can I possibly create a US account right away and try again or is it too late by now?

Edit: read OP, party's over I guess!

Hey, everyone, I just redeemed two codes and I'm not sure what to buy. Should I get Pixeljunk Shooter 2 or Sidescroller? Or maybe that Infamous expansion?

TheSeks said:
Short answer: No.
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
i got it for free with my PS plus and i'm not happy ...so while this is not a bad game i think someone should take something else for that price

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Franklinator said:
Hey, everyone, I just redeemed two codes and I'm not sure what to buy. Should I get Pixeljunk Shooter 2 or Sidescroller? Or maybe that Infamous expansion?

Heard Infamous Blood Money (or whatever) is really really good. I purchased Sidescroller, I really enjoyed it a lot more than Shooter.

Adam Prime said:
Heard Infamous Blood Money (or whatever) is really really good. I purchased Sidescroller, I really enjoyed it a lot more than Shooter.

I think I'm gonna go Sidescroller then. Thanks!
casabolg said:
Where do I go exactly? I hit the OP's link and got all manners of events and links.
It's over now. Link takes you to a redirect

Just got my code and I live in Japan. I had to sign up twice though, and the second time I checked both boxes. It says that you don't need to in order to get the code but whatever. Both my credit card nor my address are on the service so I think I'm fine.

fernoca

Well, guess I'm lucky then. As I posted yesterday:
fernoca (Nov. 13 said:
Got a code 24 hours later..gave it to a friend. :)

Just remembered an old account I had (my first one) so just put that one to see if I get another...to give to that friend again. XD
Well, just checked now (forgot about it and it's the 15th already); go to that old email..and dated Nov. 14, there it was..another code.

Both came around 24 hours later. So, guess my friend's thankful for this. XD

pargonta

expires 1/31/12 whaaat? boo that

journey doesn't come out in january does it? damn. plan backfire.

edit: oh wait, maybe i can use the code and still save it towards journey... nvm.

pargonta said:
expires 1/31/12 whaaat? boo that

journey doesn't come out in january does it? damn. plan backfire.

edit: oh wait, maybe i can use the code and still save it towards journey... nvm.

it goes to your wallet when you redeem so it will stay as long as you want it to.

Top Bottom