• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

lupinko

alf717 said:
So what is everyone using their credit on? I got my code last night and finally got my PSP from 5.50 Gen/Prom to 6.60 pro.

I used mine on 3SOE music dlc, which should have been um, free, way to go Capcom.

Hoping Capcom gets off its lazy ass and puts up the original Arcade OST as well, since I have enough for that left.

lupinko said:
I used mine on 3SOE music dlc, which should have been um, free, way to go Capcom.

Hoping Capcom gets off its lazy ass and puts up the original Arcade OST as well, since I have enough for that left.
OST would be the only one I'd consider buying

Imm0rt4l

got my code, thinking about getting nightwing dlc......but I have 5 bucks already on my account so I could get something like say ff9.....hmmm

see5harp

Really want to buy Sidescroller despite not really loving Shooter 1 or 2 but I think I'm just going to hold off until Black Friday.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got my 2nd code. :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I plan on burning 5.99, what should I get? I'm mostly in to JRPGs (not SRPGs) or Sega stuff though. Here are the choices:

Comix Zone (2.99)
Wild ARMs (finished)
Vagrant Story (but I never did like Matsuno's stuff)

Any suggestions? If I plan on going for the 9.99, it's either only Final Fantasy V or Chrono Trigger.

Hanmik said:
US account too..?

Yeah. My brother's inactive account.

ULTROS!

krae_man said:
I went with Mercury Hg and now I have $1 in my US account I don't know what to do with.

or that $0.99 card game.

DonMigs85

ULTROS! said:
I plan on burning 5.99, what should I get? I'm mostly in to JRPGs (not SRPGs) or Sega stuff though. Here are the choices:

Comix Zone (2.99)
Wild ARMs (finished)

Any suggestions? If I plan on going for the 9.99, it's either only Final Fantasy V or Chrono Trigger.

Superstars V8, Parasite Eve or Daytona?

ULTROS!

DonMigs85 said:
Superstars V8, Parasite Eve or Daytona?

I got Parasite Eve already. I feel bad I didn't get Daytona when it was on sale for $7.99 (PS+), oh well. :(

lupinko

Yeah, it should be clarified that technically this promotion is for the US PSN Video Store, hence why Canadian PSN accounts are SOL. CanadaGAF you can throw blame to the CRTC if you like as well.

ULTROS! said:

Comix Zone (2.99)
Wild ARMs (finished)

Comix Zone is a fun game. I'm biased though.

SykoTech

Just stopping by to say thanks for the heads up guys. Got the code Monday night apparently, but I've been too busy to notice until now. No kind of credit like free credit!

Now what to put it towards...

I had received the code 2 days ago but didn't realize it! I get a lot of newsletter by email (including from Sony) and I don't bother opening most of them... thread inspired me to take a closer look in my Inbox and there it was.

PSN site is under maintenance so can't redeem it now.

Manus

Anyone now how good the Harvest Moon PS2 game is that's on PSN? I've always been a fan of the series, but haven't played one since N64.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Anyone now how good the Harvest Moon PS2 game is that's on PSN? I've always been a fan of the series, but haven't played one since N64.
It's passable, but it's no Harvest Moon 64. Not even close.

offshore

So, Resident Evil 2 or Superstars V8? On the one hand, have inexplicably never played RE2, but on the other, V8 has a Platinum trophy and won't be a pixelated mess.

Greg

offshore said:
So, Resident Evil 2 or Superstars V8? On the one hand, have inexplicably never played RE2, but on the other, V8 has a Platinum trophy and won't be a pixelated mess.
An amazing game... or a trophy worth nothing

offshore said:
Just wait for REmake 2. Tophies are forever.

jorgeton

Got my code two days ago. Thanks GAF! Pretty much own every PS1 RPG classic on the PSN so I spent the credit on Bloody Roar 2. Holy crap this game is still awesome, unlike some other PS1 fighting games that have not aged well.. at all (*cough* Tekken 2 *cough*)

M.D

I just redeemed my code (got it after a day), and thought "Well, I don't have any money for MW3, but at least I can buy a map pack for Black Ops"!

$14.99. All three of them.

Fuck you, Activision!

Menaged

So, the only PSN games I bought are:

Flower
WipeoutHD
Bionic Commando
PoP

I can't afford myself to buy a PSN card now since I have zero money, so any nice ideas about what can I get for 5.99$?
The only genre I don't really like is RPG's of any sort, so that's a no.

Thanks

Menaged said:
So, the only PSN games I bought are:

Flower
WipeoutHD
Bionic Commando
PoP

I can't afford myself to buy a PSN card now since I have zero money, so any nice ideas about what can I get for 5.99$?
The only genre I don't really like is RPG's of any sort, so that's a no.

Thanks
R-Type Delta

ULTROS!

Best RPG to get for 5.99?

Breath of Fire IV for standard turn-based RPG goodness at great spritework
Parasite Eve for action turn-based hybrid RPG with slight horror elements
Alundra for a very Zelda-like game with good 2D style
Suikoden is a great game with decent visuals and great music, it has a looooot of characters to get
Wild ARMs is also a great 2D/3D RPG with Western elements and has a lot of things to do (lots of secrets too)

Vagrant Story, probably. I haven't played it, but it might be what I use the credit for. The GAF hype around the game is very strong so it's probably an ok game.

At the very least It holds up well in the looks department for a PS1 title, and the filesize isn't too big.

Top Bottom