• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars Panopticons

baekshi

Banned
New York City, NY, USA
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Honolulu, HI, USA
Anchorage, AK, USA
Chicago, IL, USA
Houston, TX, USA
Mexico City, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Lima, Peru
Toronto, Canada
Helsinki, Finland
Reykjavik, Iceland
London, United Kingdom
Yekaterinburg, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Athens, Greece
Bucharest, Romania
Lisbon, Portugal
Berlin, Germany
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Oslo, Norway
Stockholm, Sweden
Copenhagen, Denmark
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Madrid, Spain
Vienna, Austria
Manaus, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Santiago, Chile
Galapagos, Ecuador
Caracas, Venezuela
Dakar, Senegal
Nairobi, Kenya
Cape Town, South Africa
Sydney, Australia
Perth, Australia
Wellington, New Zealand
Mumbai, India
Bangkok, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Manila, Philippines
Hanoi, Vietnam
Taipei, Taiwan
Hong Kong, China
Seoul, South Korea
Singapore, Singapore
Tokyo, Japan
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/22/freedom-wars-out-tuesday-characters-panopticons-detailed/

Prelude.

Oh, there's a panopticon in Japan, I didn't expect that.
Are they gonna sum up the prefectures from the japanese version and display them as one for us or is it a completely new one?

I'm curious, do we know if they'll add any other USA metropolises? Chicago is good enough for me I guess. Are we stuck with a Panopticon once we pick it?

On another note, I've never actually seen the characters yet. I love the designs.

SerTapTap

I guess Chicago was always the closest possible to my location. What do these... do though?

I'm curious, do we know if they'll add any other USA metropolises? Chicago is good enough for me I guess.

On another note, I've never actually seen the characters yet. I love the designs.

Asymmetrical leggings for everyone!

I pre-ordered this game and have no idea how the panopticons play into the game. The PS Blog post says you swear allegiance to one when you start the game, but what ramifications does your decision have? Is it just a local leaderboard of sorts? Is there a metagame where the panopticons compete with one another?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I remember back in some post-E3 interviews they saido they'd just use about seven or so cities to represent the rest of the world. Glad they reconsidered

baekshi

Banned
I'm curious, do we know if they'll add any other USA metropolises? Chicago is good enough for me I guess. Are we stuck with a Panopticon once we pick it?

I doubt about they'll add more but once you pick a Panopticon, you're stuck with that unless you new game or pay a fee to change (it seems they don't want people changing them).

Asymmetrical leggings for everyone!
Let's be honest, when we get down to it, the gender-equal assymetry really makes this a Day 1 purchase.
I doubt about they'll add more but once you pick a Panopticon, you're stuck with that unless you new game or pay a fee to change (it seems they don't want people changing them).
Well that's good to know! Thanks!

Chicago is going to be a weird "catch-all" for a lot of the middle USA (STL is closer to me). I hope there's enough of us!

Correct. Nick Accordino (SCE Producer in charge of localization for Freedom Wars) was on Podcast Beyond yesterday and he said that there's a high-level meta game that compares Panopticons, so since a player switching between them would have an effect on that meta-game's stats, they want to limit it as much as possible. That was his explanation for the fee.

He also said the game doesn't have microtransactions aside from the Panopticon change fee.

MSMrRound

Singapore is there.

Wow.

I'm happy but we will probably be among one of the first couple of Panopticons getting snuffed out/utterly destroyed.

This week Beyond podcast has all the information people are asking for. Skip to it and a rep from Playstation talks about everything.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I immediately had this confused with Colony Wars and was pissed San Francisco wasn't on that list. Then I realized my mistake and am just sad.

Woah Freedom Wars is coming out so soon? For those who imported, was the gameplay fun?

It takes a bit of getting used to movement, since there are more options compared to most other hunting games. Once you get a handle of Thorn-related shenanigans, the game is awesome. Your first successful aerial thorn combos are all kinds of banderas.gif.

Top Bottom